Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I'm against PC

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Bluhrhhurtthhhurgh.

Votes: 19 28.4%

• Total voters

angeleyes

mood indigo
People talk so much about it, i'm 'accused' of it, but i still don't understand it.

PC as i understand it is held by decent people, who care about other people, and even animals. Live and let live, is their motto.

People who don't want to called PC, as i understand it, are selfish egoistic jerks, who think they have the right only to live for themself and not to care about other people.

OK, i've put the positions clearly, discuss.

With poll to make clear your position.

"person-hole cover" instead of manhole cover

"vertically challanged" instead of short

Not being able to say a person is fat because it might hurt their feelings. I'm fat now. Didn't use to be, but I am now. Big whoop, it's what I am at the moment, so what? That's right, I do not skinny dip, I chunk-a-dunk! And I'll say it about anyone else who is also fat, their feelings be damned.

And so forth and so on...

"person-hole cover" instead of manhole cover

"vertically challanged" instead of short.

People who say things like that arent PC, they are fcluckin idiots. If you take PC as anti racist, anti sexist etc, I'm PC. I'm not for calling people "people of colour" when theyre black. I'd call them black, I'm a person of colour, its white. Until theres translucent people then stop saying "person of colour", idiots

People talk so much about it, i'm 'accused' of it, but i still don't understand it.

PC as i understand it is held by decent people, who care about other people, and even animals. Live and let live, is their motto.

People who don't want to called PC, as i understand it, are selfish egoistic jerks, who think they have the right only to live for themself and not to care about other people.

OK, i've put the positions clearly, discuss.

With poll to make clear your position.

You've put the positions in a clearly biased way. How very politically correct of you. ;)

It was originally meant as a term used to describe people who are hyper-sensitive to not offending anyone, but it has now morphed into something that is used just as often to just be a general term idiots use for all sorts of crap.

Being PC is using a different set of vocabulary because of the fear of causing offense.

The problem with this is it confuses language and does nothing except move taboos from one set of terms to another.

PC is basically "liberal" Newspeak.

It also consists of the dogmas of:

a) The Blank Slate
b) The Ghost in the Machine
c) The Noble Savage
d) Equality of Outcome
e) The Traditional Authority is Always Wrong

eeek, not the liberals!!

Nah, I work on the logic that the basic premise of PC is very noble, and in the modern world, wholly necessary.

OK so in some cases it seems a little out of hand where it seems like only the most sensitive people would be offended by some words, and of course, sometimes the PC brigade can't see through variations in word meanings- when I say "White Christmas" I'm generally thinking of a lot of snow-

But hey, when this happens it's just pretty funny- certainly nothing to get up in arms about...

My PC is the biggest :king:

Spoiler boring stuff :

Political correctness stems from the important thing of not being an offesnive ignorant jerk, but the overuse of it and the demanding of continuously changing terminology is a stupid waste of time. Whatever ******ed people are called, it's always going to be used as a pajoritive, because ******ed people are really stupid.

PC was originally a noble concept to help people stem the tide of bigotry and prejudice. It has since been twisted and distorted from this ideal, and now mostly produces uptight, overly sensitive snowflakes. I blame the PC mentality for destroying much of the self-reliance the older generations show. Plus I now have an entire arsenal of crappy jokes that I can't tell without looking over my shoulder.

I'm a liberal, and I'm against this PC crap.

"How does every racial joke begin?"
"With a look over your shoulder"

I selected "Bluhrhhurtthhhurgh," because "PC" doesn't really mean anything. It's only used by people who oppose "it". I've never heard anyone talk about "PC" unless they were complaining about something.

Cleo

Someone that is Politically Correct will call Angel and Devil food "multicultural non-denominational comfort consumables" so as not to offend people of other religions, races and people with a dietary issue. Basically take multiculturalism and social consciousness to an utterly ridiculous level as to illicit ridicule by those that it seeks to not offend.

Obviously calling someone the N-word isn't cool but when Christmas is canceled because people are afraid of offending someone, that's where the line is drawn.

What almost every single racist/bigot will spew at anyone who calls him out. It's a sort of defense reflex. Sort of like, "Hey I ain't racist have black friends!"

In rare cases is the accusation of one being persecuted by PCness actually justified. But people will froth and claim it is nonethless.

It's basically replaced commy and pinko.

What makes it such an ingenious detractor and defense is that whenever anything is accused of being PC, droves of other people regardless of whether they take any particular side will cry foul.

Top Bottom