1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] What is power from "local renewable sources?"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dearmad, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

I have 7 cities, we're very EARLY industrial no power plants. One of my cities requiring 0 power has 2 though from this source. What is that source? I chopped down most of the forests and jungles around it... In city details it just says 1 power (other) local source...

Not built on coast, or even a river... oh and checking world CO2- not generating anything...

2. homan1983

homan1983 Chieftain

There is a city state that gives power from harbours. You mentioned you have coastal cities. Perhaps it's that.

3. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Cardiff gives +2 power to Harbor buildings.

4. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Chieftain

Having lived in Cardiff I'm honestly baffled by the randomness of that bonus.
    Are they thinking of the Dr Who version of Cardiff?

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  5. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

That's what it is! THANKS GUYS!

6. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Probably because of the role Cardiff played in the industrial revolution. Cardiff Docks was one of the largest ports in the world at its peak and the Cardiff Coal Exchange set the world price standard for coal.

shadowplay and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  7. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

For a while in the 19th century the South Wales coalfield produced more coal than the rest of the world put together and as late as the 1920s was still the world's largest coalfield. Most of it flowed through Cardiff Docks. The town where I live, just outside Cardiff, has lots of big old houses built for shipowners and captains.

shadowplay and Trav'ling Canuck like this.