What is sacrifice the weak ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Ecifircas, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ecifircas

Ecifircas Chieftain

What is sacrifice the weak? Purely for lore. Can the "Strong" with the "weak" do what he wants? Or it can be taken literally, as with Aztecs sacrificed regularly anyone?

2. CurseUppl

CurseUppl The bureaucracy expands.

I always assumed it meant cannibalism. The strong ate the weak, thereby reducing the food consumption of a city by half.

I wonder what a man-taco tastes like?

3. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I don't think the Calabim would do that. Wouldn't they regard it as uncivilized/uncultured?

4. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

As the Ashen Veil is the requirement, it probably involves literal sacrifice. Perhaps with a bit of slavery, and maybe a tiny dash of cannibalism, just in case.

5. kekekeke

kekekeke Chieftain

I see "sacrifice the weak" as a type of society that abandons its weaker members instead of supporting them thus reducing strain on the society. Newborn babies that look frail/sickly are left to die instead of being raised. Crippled or handicapped people have no place in that society. Old people are banished from cities when they become useless etc.

So not necessarily cannibalistic :)

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

I guess it depends on the civ. I can see more tribal nations like the Doviello or the Clan of Embers practising cannibalism, while more sophisticated nations resort to sacrifices or expulsion/abandonment. The Calabim are not cannibals, but they do love some human blood...

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I always thought it just meant that social care was completely deregulated.

ie: the rich could do WHATEVER they wanted to do with the poor/impoverished/homeless.

They could experiment on them, they could wantonly kill them, they could **** them, they could even eat them if they so desired.

In my mind I always think about Repoman: a Genetic Opera.

exactly. And how the weak are 'gotten rid of' can be left to the imagination. (ie not necessarily banishment :p)

8. kekekeke

kekekeke Chieftain

Exactly. I used banishment/abandonment as example to show this type of society would not necessarily have to be evil. Ofcourse it can be.. Its not hard to imagine Sheaim creating new pyre zombies or feeding them to demons :)

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Yeah, I can imagine a softer StW civ like the Elohim making use of banishment.

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Many Vampires of Erebus do enjoy drinking blood, but it is not necessary. They are mortals who extend their lives by devouring the souls (and thus stealing the youth and longevity) of their their victims in a dark ritual.

I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I've always kind of assumed that the Calabim Breeding Pit's food bonus came from feeding the commoners "Soylent Green" produced from the soulless corpses of the vampire's victims.