What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

Sioux used these colors in CIV II. So maybe Sioux?

Considering everything we know, it seems so very likely that it's the Sioux.

Except that we know the 34 unit was a Moroccan replacement for Cavalry, a hit against the Sioux

We know that the Sioux have pretty much 0 to do with the color purple

And it started next to desert territory

The only thing it has going for it is the one time the Sioux have appeared in Civ before, it was in Civ 2 with a slight purple color scheme (but several other civs used the same color scheme as the Sioux including the Mongols)

I also don't see why it should be the Sioux.

If I didn't already know that they won't be added thanks to the alphabet theory, I'd have said Phoenicia.

There were only 7 colours for 21 civilizations in Civ2. We cannot really base a civilization prediction on its Civ2 colour palette.

^ The luxury civ is Indonesia.

I think it could be anything. I wouldn't put too much into the colors at this point.

The Alphabet thing isn't "just" a theory though. Its an achievement list, also given during Gods and Kings. Its a pretty much polished product that is already open on steam

Just a theory, but if they wanted to give Venice some unused colours and a symbol, they could use the symbols of the Sestieri on the flag here. Those are purple and white.

A note from Wikipedia to make his harder:

Flags
Today only one nation in the world has purple or violet in its national flag; the Flag of Dominica, an island in the Caribbean, features a Sisserou parrot, a national symbol.
The lower band of the flag of the second Spanish republic (1931–39) was colored a tone of purple, to represent the common people as opposed to the red of the Spanish monarchy, unlike other nations of Europe where purple represented royalty and red represented the common people.[68]
In Japan, the prefecture of Tokyo's flag is purple, as is the flag of Ichikawa,
Porpora, or purpure, a shade of purple, was added late to the list of colors of European heraldry. A purple lion was the symbol of the old Spanish kingdom of León (910-1230), and it later appeared on the flag of Spain, when the Kingdom of Castile and Kingdom of León merged together.

Sometimes the colors don't match up with the flags or royal/imperial/national colors of civs: China, for instance.

What do you call this flag then?

Granted they are already in, but looks purple to me - I doubt it but someone proposed a theory that the Iroquois had their colors changed

I really don't think the color of any flags have anything do do with the civs color. We'll just have to wait and see.

I really don't think the color of any flags have anything do do with the civs color. We'll just have to wait and see.

Same here. Particularly for pre-modern or non-European states that didn't use flags, we don't really know. It could be anything, frankly.

Actually, I think that the alphabet theory is pretty worthless, and indeed this Phoenicia, tied to their luxury - Purple.

Phoenicia already ruled out by the city states.

Have we seen Indonesia colours it could be Indonesia.

We have seen Indonesia's color, they are teal unlike these

I think it's down to three possibilities:

1) For some reason, it represents Venice even though one of the city's logical color combinations (cyan/gold) would be wonderful. (the other (red/gold) is taken by Persia)

2) CS theory is crap, alphabet theory is crap, and it belongs to some European darkhorse

3) it belongs to some NA civ for reasons we don't yet understand.

Top Bottom