1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Piruparka, May 17, 2013.

1. Hruberen

Hruberen Chieftain

I really hope it's not Venice, although since Indonesia made it I don't mind as much, but it would most definitely be my least favorite civ, were it added.

2. Imalich

Imalich Warlord

What I would like is Dandolo with or or two servants in his leader screen.
    And he would shout orders for them when mad, looking in the wrong direction. Like telling them to throw you out.

That might be a bit too much work, but would look really cool.

Another Dandolo image, as an example

Spoiler :

Least favorite? C'mon! Venice's cool!
    And even if you don't agree with me... they can't really do worse than Polynesia!

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Dandolo: " Attack, my soldiers! Lay waste to Constantinople."
    Assistant: "Um, Your Serenity. You're pointing at Venice."

4. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

2 New city states confirmed by Zac that he encountered in game: Kiev and Ormus, effectively ruling out Ukraine.

No Ukraine nor Romania, there is no one legitimately left to challenge Venice - pretty much a guarantee they are in

5. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

BTW, there are some epic pictures of Enrico Dandolo on the Fourth Crusade, but the Doge's Palace is also a really cool setting (provided it was built when he ruled).

6. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Could it be any indigo producing civilizations? Asian or North American?

7. Joe Hoofer

Joe Hoofer Chieftain

"Worse than Polynesia?" Dude, Polynesia's awesome!

8. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

Kiev's probably militaristic, and Ormuz either mercantile or maritime (they choose between those two randomly).

9. Demolira

Demolira Chieftain

Whoops, wrong thread

10. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

I don't know about Firaxis, but these threads are highly entertaining to us at Aspyr. We don't have any control about what they put out about BNW, but I hope they're intentionally teasing things.

I'm just waiting for someone to use a screenshot or offhand comment to confirm the release of Half Life 3.

11. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

The are the same to within compression error, but I don't expect you to take that lightly, so I'll make a full response to this later explaining the reasons for small differences in colours, how we can deal with such errors and finally a statistically look at just how likely it is that they picked colours that are even close (they are the same colours to within compression error, but we'll use this wording for now) to the ones from the SVG of Venice's flag on Wikipedia. The colours from wikipedia by the way are:

Purple: 6622A2
    Cream: FDFEDB

I'll make the post later, as I am busy at the moment, but hopefully it'll clear up the reasoning for you.

12. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

I really hope it's Venice or at least Italy. Something got to counterbalance the awfulness of Indonesia even though morocco looks good. Lots of good tourism, arts and trade potential with Venice or Italy.

13. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Italy is out. Milan is a city-state.

14. Imalich

Imalich Warlord

Awfulness? C'mon!
    It's a strange civilization, but looks really interesting. Morocco was the one I didn't like that much... Awesome moneymakers, and that's it. Indonesia is certainly hard to play, but looks really strong too (Maybe this is the "pro" civ they were talking about?).

And, now that Italy's out, I'm really hoping Venice makes it. Never believed much in this possibility - I tought italy had a MUCH better chance. But I'm happy they didn't make it in, as Venice is far more interesting.

And Imperial Chaos forgot to mention, the achievments indicate the next two civilizations are between "Portugal" and "Zulu", alphabetically.

15. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

I didn't forget. Milan as a city-state is enough evidence.

16. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Warlord

I feel almost completely the opposite about this - I'm rather disappointed about the prospect of Venice being one of the last two civs (I'd have been somewhat happier with a unified Italy, but even then I think there are better candidates out there). Indonesia on the other hand seems rather interesting to me - it has a fairly unique culture and should be fun to play as (or against). Each to their own, I guess. ;)

17. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I like both Venice and Indonesia :mischief:

18. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

I would like Venice more if the idea of 'trade civ' wasn't already hogged by Portugal and Morocco.

19. XboxAddict77

XboxAddict77 Wonder Spammer

Is it possible for it to be Prussia or Slovakia to be included? I'm hoping its not Venice, it just seems odd for them to be a civ to be.

20. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

Prussia has been included as part of Germany and German history for multiple versions. Having Bismarck as the leader of Germany is also part of this.

Slovakia are ruled out by Bratislava being a city state.