What is the best tech grab you ever got with the Oracle?

Odin2006

Apolytonian
In a Rhye's and Fall game as India a while back I Oracle'd Theology when I was still in the Bronze Age! :D

I was going for MC recently but teched past it and Oracle'd Machinery. But that was an Earth18 game as China, so it totally doesn't count.

2nd-millenium-BC chokonus were pretty cool, though... :mwaha:

Education

Future Tech.

Hey you stole mine!

Mysticism :crazyeye:

Civil Service 1900 BC Deity.

Tactic is / was to use an awesome start and beeline CoL, while building an early Library to bulb Maths with the 1st GS.

Usually though, it's better to beeline Alpha and look if any AI even researched Priesthood yet, because oracling at 1400 BC instead of 1900 BC with the help of a wasted GS, means the difference between having some really important addional cities + an Academy instead of just a Capital and with Buro.

Argh now I look like a derp. I'm going to go play a settler game real quick, try to nab future tech 2.

Civil Service, on Immortal... don't think I've attempted something more ambitious than Metal Casting on Deity.

Only Civil Service once on Prince. I'm sure on Prince I could really push for Civil Service every time, but usually, I forgo that for extra cities (you can get a few cities and Oracle decently enough).

I remember in the pre-BTS days, where you could go around Oracling CS willy-nilly.

To be honest, I don't often build the Oracle. Usually it's gone unless I beeline Priesthood, and beelining Priesthood is, uh, less than optimal in most cases.

Machinery. Quite a few times, since Great Merchants can bulb Metal Casting.

Machinary for me too..was chuffed at the time, not so chuffed now :)

pity the hammers required made an x-bow rush impractical

Machinery. Quite a few times, since Great Merchants can bulb Metal Casting.

how would great merchants help you bulb MC?? It's not like you're getting CoL for caste on top of doing all of this, are you?

I have oracled machinery a couple of times, but only with high commerce starts. I usually use the oracle to get MC or monarchy, occasionally I'll grab aesthetics with it if I'm planning on wonderspamming

I hardly ever go for the Oracle either. What's the general strategy for getting it?

Whenever I have tried for it I find I've had to avoid other more useful techs first to go mysticism and priesthood, what do you miss out? You still need mining and bronze working presumably.

Also you miss out on extra cities/workers do get it meaning hampered early expansion.

how would great merchants help you bulb MC?? It's not like you're getting CoL for caste on top of doing all of this, are you?

I have oracled machinery a couple of times, but only with high commerce starts. I usually use the oracle to get MC or monarchy, occasionally I'll grab aesthetics with it if I'm planning on wonderspamming

With great start (good food/hammer/commerce combination + 3H marble center tile) I have finished GLighthouse around 2350 BC.. and this gave GMerchant pretty fast and I was able to bulb MC, than oracle Machinery.. Still - that was IMM diff with awesome start and Mara speed.. So on normal it looks almost immposible.. except if start with PHI or IND or.. get Sailing+Bronze from huts :D

Top Bottom