1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best tech grab you ever got with the Oracle?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Odin2006, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

Oracling Education... That's something only lymond has done so far, assuming that he did talked of Deity when writing that.

Paper is amazing, because it needs a Prophet from Stonehenge. Getting Stonehenge + Oracle in 1 game, while not sacrificing expansion totally is already something really rare. You even had No Huts on as I assume.

2. PIC16F84A

PIC16F84A Chieftain

Currency by bulbing math from the 1st gs then oracled Currency after XD

3. Htadus

Htadus A and L's dad

@ Seraiel
    No there has been several players who have Oracled Education via CS path in BTS and I have done in a BOTM for a space game. It was in a Prince or Monarch game on a Great Plains Map with I think Darius. Can not remember details very clearly.

4. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I think I usually get Metal Casting when I build the Oracle now, given the old slingshots have been broken. I've been wracking my brain for a couple days trying to think if there were any exceptions to this and I cannot think of one.

5. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

@ Htadus: Read again plz, I was assuming Deity ;) .

Pulling of Oracle -> Education on Settler is something I can also pull of in my sleep, so it was an indirect question to lymond on which difficulty he did that.

I don't know if Oracle -> Education of Prince and Monarch is something special on Prince or Monarch, it's probably best grab for a longer time (like Civil Service on Deity) , because it's simply a very expensive tech, am I right?

Seraiel

6. Robert FIN

Robert FIN Monty n' Roll

I just got Construction from the Oracle in my current Nobles' Club game. Nothing spectacular but still good for me.