What is the best you have ever seen an AI do?

ElMikkino

Warlord
In the game that I have going right now on CIV Gold, which basically just adds a whole ton of civs and leaders, Philip of Macedon of Greece is totally DESTROYING everyone. He started out landlocked, and boxed in by the Egyptians to the East, the Khmer to the West, and the Olmec to the South-East, with a lot of ice to his North. So, what does he do? He rushes the Egyptians and destroys them before I can even meet them (and I wasn't too far away, either), and carves out a nice-sized empire for himself. But he doesn't stop there. After I capture an Olmec city, he declares war on them, and captures their capital while I capture a minor city of theirs. He then goes and captures their last remaining city, something I have almost never seen an AI do. He seems content with this for about 1000 years. The Vedics then declare on them, but they take absolutely nothing, while he manages to capture one of their key cities before having peace with them and making them his vassal. During this time, he has also captured a Swedish city, and made them his vassal, too. He seems content with this for a long time, but then he declares on my best friend, the Argentines, and I reluctantly decide not to help, his might is too great, plus I am already in a war with the Kushans. He convinces the Khmer and basically everyone else except far off Kitara and me to help. He captures two of the Argentine cities, and the Khmer capture the Argentinian capital, plus another city. Peron of the Argentines then capitulates to Philip. Also, at some point, Gaja Mada of the Majapahit also became his vassal, maybe with the capture of one of his cities, but I am not sure.

With all this, you might think Philip would be done. But no! He declares war on the Khmer, at the time the second-mightiest empire, and captures a whopping SIX of their cities, with Majapahit capturing one, and me stealthily grabbing one right before the Swedes were about to get it. Philip has now succeeded in completely wiping the Khmer off Eurasia (I'm playing an Earth2 map.), leaving them only with their sizable African colonies. To get you a taste of his might, here's one of his stacks (and mind you, this is only on Noble):

If I was him, I could wipe every single civ off the map right now! And that's not even his entire military! If he ever decided to declare on me, I might just retire right away...good thing I'm friendly with him :D.

Has any other civ you played against done as well as this guy?

I had a deity game where an AI used the engineer you get from reaching fusion first to found mining inc in 1715 AD. He already had > half the space parts. I'd have declared on him...but it's kind of hard to fight through nukes, mech inf, and jet fighters, and other AIs were pressing a culture victory too.

I lost.

Top Bottom