What is the easiest scenario to win on deity?

WillowBrook

Lurker
I have not yet gotten the achievements for winning the following scenarios on deity:
- Vikings, traders, and raiders
- Jadwiga's legacy
- Conquests of Alexander
- Path to nirvana

I'm hoping to knock out at least one before GS comes out. Any opinions on what's the easiest to win at deity, and (where there are options) who to play?

It's been a while since I've played any of them, but I've tried them all. Jadwiga's legacy and conquests of Alexander seemed to me the most difficult, but maybe I've just not figured out how to tackle them.

If you are only concerned about winning it.
Conquest of Alexander is basically like Civ5's Mongol invasion: follow these movesets and steps and you can win, but it's quite complex. Someone who repeatedly played it can probably detail every moves needed for the deity win.
Viking scenario is as the above comment says, it's really easy to win but imo its fun lies somewhere else (you can win without ever seeing the other 2 AI civs in Spain and Anatolia).
Path to Nirvana is difficult but really fun (my most favorite), it's a zone control game, but there are some religions that are easier than others.
Jadwiga's legacy should not be too hard as Potocki, basically plant a giant network of cities and encampments to protect Wien.

You‘ve won gifts of the Nile on deity as Egypt? That’s the toughest one imho.

I have all of them except for Alexander, and I wouldnt say that ony of them was extremely hard. It is good to play the scenario on easier difficulty first and chose the best side for the deity.
Alexander is hard for me and I gave up, because the concept of extremely short time is not fun for me.

You‘ve won gifts of the Nile on deity as Egypt? That’s the toughest one imho.
I won as Nubia on deity but not yet as Egypt. Do you think Egypt is significantly more difficult than Nubia at deity?
Path to Nirvana is difficult but really fun (my most favorite), it's a zone control game, but there are some religions that are easier than others.
I won as the Khmer, if I recall correctly, but at a lower difficulty. Are there specific religions you recommend for a try at deity?

Thanks for all the replies!

Viking scenario is as the above comment says, it's really easy to win but imo its fun lies somewhere else (you can win without ever seeing the other 2 AI civs in Spain and Anatolia).
I agree with this. I've won with all 3 leaders, but the most fun I had was with Sweden. Conquering the Baltic and then attempting an overland invasion of the Byzantine Empire was a ton of fun - even if I ran out of time to take Constantinople. If I optimize my strategy I could probably sack it in a future game. Just...so...many...knights though. I think if I were to play Harald again I would try an invasion of Spain.

Denmark is the most squeezed out of all the playable factions, and the Franks can be a real pain in the rear. But some out of the box strategies could be a lot of fun with them as well.

Decided to tackle the Vikings scenario as Harald on deity. It doesn't seem much more difficult than whatever lower level I'd played on earlier. I'll definitely have no trouble winning this one - while conquering the British isles and pillaging the Mediterranean coast along the way...

If you are only concerned about winning it.
Conquest of Alexander is basically like Civ5's Mongol invasion: follow these movesets and steps and you can win, but it's quite complex. Someone who repeatedly played it can probably detail every moves needed for the deity win.
Anyone know if there's a guide out there for this one?

Imho Alexander's scenario is the hardest. Jadwiga's Legacy isn't too hard if you choose the Civ that gets double Hussars. It's easy to place an encampment and your second city to block the Janissaries. If you place them properly you can stone-wall them with crossbows. If you survive the scenario you'll probabaly win because the AI will lose it's settlers to the barbarians.

I’m actually playing Path to Nirvana and wanted to accomplish the achievements as well on deity. Man, it is hard but lots of fun. I truly enjoy it. Weren’t able to build the three wonders, got only two. Has anyone done this plus get the two other achievements? Build the three wonders and convert 3 Holy Sites?

I think the Nubia and Viking scenarios are both quite doable on Deity. Unsure about the Australian one, but none of the scenarios seems nigh impossible to win on Deity. I think the Alexander scenario is toughest to win on Deity, but I only tried it on Deity once.

I’m actually playing Path to Nirvana and wanted to accomplish the achievements as well on deity. Man, it is hard but lots of fun. I truly enjoy it. Weren’t able to build the three wonders, got only two. Has anyone done this plus get the two other achievements? Build the three wonders and convert 3 Holy Sites?
I converted three holy cities on a lower difficulty; good luck trying to do all those achievements at once!

I think the Nubia and Viking scenarios are both quite doable on Deity. Unsure about the Australian one, but none of the scenarios seems nigh impossible to win on Deity. I think the Alexander scenario is toughest to win on Deity, but I only tried it on Deity once.
Outback Tycoon has a very simple strategy to beat on Deity: save all your forests until turn 53 and have a supply of guys in place ready to chop. As soon as turn 53 hits, slot the policy card which grants 100% production towards projects, and then each chop = 1 completed project. You can complete multiple projects per city per turn, and at +20gpt per project, you will easily get 6-700gpt in the last 7 turns of the game.

Outback Tycoon has a very simple strategy to beat on Deity: save all your forests until turn 53 and have a supply of guys in place ready to chop. As soon as turn 53 hits, slot the policy card which grants 100% production towards projects, and then each chop = 1 completed project. You can complete multiple projects per city per turn, and at +20gpt per project, you will easily get 6-700gpt in the last 7 turns of the game.
Thanks for that! Any particular factions with a special bonus on this (I.e. Starting near lots of forest)?

Thanks for that! Any particular factions with a special bonus on this (I.e. Starting near lots of forest)?
IIRC, you move the explorer around the map for the first few turns and then you get your first settler by the explorer. If you keep the explorer in the water, you can go quite far. I seem to recall lots of forest on the southern and south west coast. I think in my successful deity run, I got the great barrier reef by a bunch of forest, which was great.

(Disclaimer: that was about a year ago; I'm fuzzy on details.)

Jadwiga's legacy should not be too hard as Potocki, basically plant a giant network of cities and encampments to protect Wien.
Potocki is easily the best civ for this scenario. The other two get hammered on all sides, you have the edges of the map for safety. Double hussars is easily the best bonus too.
If your culture is good you can even get to nationalism with a good number of turns to go, for hussar corps (or cavalry corps.)

Once you know where the barb armies spawn you know where to place cities. Just spam those encampments and higher tier walls. You want minimum distance spacing here.
The ottomans come south of your capital, due east of vienna, map edge. Settle it and they will get bogged down.
Swedes come later game and they are due west of gdansk, near the map edge. Easy area to settle.
The bonus str vs barb card works, the wars of religion card doesn't. FYI.

I converted three holy cities on a lower difficulty; good luck trying to do all those achievements at once!

Well, I cannot believe it but I did it. Finished the Path to Nirvana Scenario on deity accomplishing 4 achievements with a score of 1261. It was loads of fun. I might go for another scenario now.

But you should definitely try it. Play it as the Ghaznavid Empire. The trick is to get 3 envoys on all religious City States using the Policy Card that gets you 2 envoys for placing one. If you want to get the wonders, send one of your first traders to the closest culture CIty State, build both a Harbor and a Comercial District adjacent to each other to get culture going and prioritize those civics. Also get three Monks and a Guru fairly early and start working your way through the closest SE and E City States and Cities and converting everything on your path through combat mostly. Some cities will just turn on pure pressure.

Jadwiga's legacy is a snooze.
-Pick the blue Polish civ.
-For your pantheon choose the +30 heal for religious districts
-Beeline the tech that upgrades crossbows into field cannons (thats an instant win once unlocked).
-For your civics choose city defensive attack and +4 attack verse barbarians.
-Plant your capital where it is. Move the second city southwest. Using the mountains and 1 lake tile there, you can plant a city + an encampment with only a 1 tile path for the ottomans to go through towards Vienna.
-Park a pikeman on that path with a religious district underneath him, and fortify forever. A single janissary can't out damage the healing of the pantheon. (the xbows + city/district attacks will clear up most before they reach the pikeman anyways)
-For your third city, go southeast towards the mountains. Use an encampment with a crossbowman to block the 1 tile opening in the mountains.(you have hill advantage so you can put 3 more xbows that will have sight over the encampment)

There you go. The ottomans are blocked off...no other barbarian AI is capable of killing Vienna.

To be safe though expanded north with your next 2 cities and put down 2 encampments + religious districts near them. You can easily defeat whatever comes down from the north with all that city/encampment attack + a few archers and spearmen with the % damage to mounted units.

Top Bottom