1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the fastest victory?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Chaleb, Oct 29, 2016.

1. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

How are people doing culture victories so quickly?

I was able to do a science victory (as Germany) much quicker than culture (as France)

2. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

Other people can do it much faster and better, I'm sure, but here was my recipe as Scythia: I conquered my two neighbors (Germany and India) with Archers and Horsemen, then sprawled out to 20 cities. At that point, I just teched up to the key tourism stuff as quickly as I could: Computers, Seaside Resorts, the Eiffel Tower, and the Cristo Redentor. While I was doing that, I spammed as many commercial hubs and harbors as possible and ran tons of internal trade routes. Once I unlocked Seaside Resorts, I put one on just about every single flat coastal tile of my empire, which generated most of my tourism. I also built as many archaeology museums as I could. With chopping and gold purchasing even production-poor cities were able to get an archaeologist out pretty quickly. With seaside resorts and archaeologists so good you don't need all that many great people, though a wide empire will have no trouble generating quite a few.

Despite being far and away the top Civ in score I almost lost, oddly enough. At the end of the game England only needed to convert 1 more Brazilian city to win religiously. It was a close-run thing.

3. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

The screenshot I posted was from right before my builders chopped to launch the last module for a t225 science victory. That was my first game. Only emperor though, so doesn't count for this thread. In my second game (deity, Arabia) I had a better idea of what I was doing and was 30 turns faster to power plants than in my first game, with a larger empire and higher science. That would have been a t200 science win, or at least very close, if I hadn't got bored with the game and decided to try some late game warfare instead. T200 is doable if you take out a couple of AI very early, then go max science and hard beeline towards Rocketry. Ignoring early campuses to prioritize industrial zones and commercial hubs, which seems to be popular meta right now, will not lead to the fastest science victories.

Over in the HoF forum someone claims to have played a t98 deity science victory. Didn't look at his saves, but I understood he played Scythia with all exploits allowed. I can see how that could be possible. T200 doesn't require exploits.

Darvon likes this.
  4. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

T98! That's miraculous. And the sad part is, I totally believe it. This game is in a horribly broken state :(

5. Darvon

Darvon Chieftain

I did a 267 rome science from a meh start and without any real strategy other than picking whatever looked good at the time.

To get any good metrics out of this though you'd need a civ4 style challenge thread with a standardised starting position, game speed, map size, etc., and an agreement on what game mechanics you're allowed to use (e.g. horse economy?).

6. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Sounds like no fun at all to me.

7. kampori

kampori Warlord

It wasn't. And the amount of micromanaging hordes of religious units was, to say the least, tedious. Buying and controlling 20 religious units a turn. 100+ at any one time. It was horrible.
    Only did it for the religious victory achievement. I now never need to play a religious game again.

8. chespi

chespi Chieftain

To my big surprise I just learnt that it is possible to win a one-click domination victory. I was playing as Harald on Duel mode and prince. My goal was to get the (I just wanted to collect a couple of badges as fast as possible). I got the start position shown in the attached image. Clicked "Found City" and won! I ended up with a 0 point rating (see other screenshot), but hey it's a pretty fast victory at least. ;)

9. Magil

Magil Monarch

I don't see what's so great about the Hanging Gardens. Growth isn't all that important in Civ VI, and the %-based buff only really helps at higher pop numbers, which are generally actually not all that useful in VI.

10. Esperr

Esperr King

New fastest wins are standard t138 domination victory and standard t 184 culture victory. SV seems to be slower now then it was before although I don't know why. I haven't pushed super hard for it but t 250ish seems to be my cap although I know people have done it faster. T220ish with aztecs.

HF22 likes this.
  11. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

@whacker got a turn 148 SV in the Science Victory thread, though before the Australia patch. But then, things haven't changed that much from the previous patch. Only a few less trade routes, mostly, but those are hardly worth ~10 turns.