1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the first Civ you will play as ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DevC, Oct 4, 2016.

1. DevC

DevC Chieftain

I will be playing as the Americans on a small map size

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Russia and the Deluxe civs havn't been released yet but I think Im going to start as either Sumeria, Spain or Rome. on YUGE (thats Trump for huge) or large, probably prince, on continents or Terra.

3. InkyK

InkyK Chieftain

I set up a poll to decide who I play first (and I'm streaming my first game). Arabia's leading by a wide margin, so probably them. I'm thinking a Religious Victory would be good for them.

4. phryxolydian

phryxolydian Warlord

Aztecs!

... then Arabia... probably.

5. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Was going to play as Arabia, but will wait until we see what Russia has. And i'm playing on Prince probably standard size and speed, not really tying to win but test things.

6. SpaceCommunist

SpaceCommunist Warlord

Depending on how Russia turns out, might play as them.

Otherwise, for me it's a tie between Germany, India, Spain, and China. Good production from Germany, hilarious warmongering as India, nice warring and religious stats as Spain, and a really great UA+LA from China.

Considering the mod work I plan to do I'll probably play more as modded civs than vanilla ones, but hey there's no shame in that I s'pose.

7. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

No one's going with Scythia on a duel map?

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

America first, then I will work my way through the list of civs that really interest me.

9. milkdog

milkdog Chieftain

I'm planning to play Greece. The bonus wildcard slot in the governments seems immensely powerful, especially with early game play.

10. DevC

DevC Chieftain

Personally im heavily leaning towards going for a Culture victory but theres always the chance I go for a World Domination/Conquer everything in the name of Communism victory

11. DevC

DevC Chieftain

Im thinking China for my second game, after that I dont know what im playing next

12. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Rome or Germany sounds fine, but I wan't to look at and experience a lot in my first game so I will probably play a peaceful (?) builder-game as France (like the new espionage system).

13. Wellfooled

Wellfooled Chieftain

I wish I knew >< So far there hasn't been a bland looking Civ to me. I would almost do a random first game, but I don't want my first game to be a Civ that drastically changes the new rules of the game (like how Japan changes the district building puzzle or Kongo eliminates much of the Religion side of things).

14. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Too many options...I might actually go random for once!

15. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

Going to play Rome or Germany on Prince at first on Huge map on standard speed

16. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Still Japan or Egypt for me, probably Egypt first since they seem like they require a little less forethought with regards to thinking ahead for city development... which will require a few mistakes to be made first in order to learn in Japan's case. I may just dive straight into Japan though.

17. drubell

drubell Prince

Random

Ranias likes this.
  18. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Always Rome; Prince standard size continents normal speed on my first game or two to get a handle on the mechanics, then huge continents epic or marathon thereafter.

19. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

I'm leaning heavy toward Sumeria. Egypt is the other significant candidate but looking like maybe my second game.

20. omniplex

omniplex Chieftain

Probably America. Being an American, I tended to play as my homeland back before it made any difference. But I never cared for the US in civ IV or V. Now I'm excited to play most of the new civs, but I want to give TR a chance this time.