What is the highest difficulty level you ever WIN ?

What is the highest difficulty level you ever WIN ?

• Settler

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Chieftain

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Warlord

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Regent

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Prince

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Monarch

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • Emperor

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Immortal

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Divinity

Votes: 21 15.0%

• Total voters
I have won only Settler games. I'm just pretty new to Civ IV, even with a 14-1 record. My one loss was the American Revolution scenario as the Americans.

Noble. And it's the highest I have tried so far. I still lose the great majority of noble games so I haven't advanced yet.

I've won Emperor, but that was just because I wanted to see if Quechua rushes on duel Pangaeas actually worked.

Otherwise, I play all my games on Monarch and haven't gone higher.

im guessing that quechua rush worked hu? with just 1 aponent on a small duel map it works fine, they build archers alot but you got a better chance of beating a archer with that UU than a warror.
O highest was prince, its just what i started playing at, only ever finished 1 game, the rest i quit cause it gets boring or im losing badly

i picked monarch but there is little doubt that i could go higher rushing on duel maps. but as monarch is still plenty hard enough i don't see the point.

Emperor once so far, might be twice when I finish my Pericles game on Hemispheres (BtS). Only 2nd in the points at present but just taken all of Capac's cities and eliinated him, his old vassal/colony Jaoa is next (got a 10 turn ceasefire while I move my rifles and cavalry to the right place).

Going to try for a diplo I think, never won one and I need one for my HOF. I should be OK just taking out backwards Toku on the other continent, Washington loves me, if I can build the UN that is and use Toku's land to increase my population. If that fails I may fall back on space instead.

With Civ3, I could win on Emperor. but it went from being a fun game to something I had to actually work at trying to win, so I tended to just stick with Monarch.

For Civ4, it's pretty much the same, but with Prince instead. At Prince, I can play without worrying too much about what I'm doing, and just enjoy the game. At higher levels, I could probably win, but I have to play differently, and so it's not as much fun.

edit: Fixed a typo, probably still has more

Normally I still struggle with Emperor.... but I already made a Deity Duel with HC , just to see if I could do it... So ,I suppose that's deity to me... ( atleast 1 time , isn't it? If not ,put Emperor in my file ....)

I usually play noble because it is the most fun, but I have recently found I can win all the way to monarch. Though just like I thought, i didn't find it as fun. I get stressed too easily :)

I have won once on Prince, a space race victory, but thats pretty easy, but on Noble, which I usually play, I win about 75% of my games, and find it more fun on that level

Monarch...I've only had the game since xmas. The goal is to be able to win consistently on deity...athough funwise I might wind up being limited to emporer or immortal because micro is painful after I have 10-12 cities.

Top Bottom