[BTS] What is the ini Setting for "Edge Pan Speed"?

Is "Conscious Agent Theory" worth the time of the worlds current top intellectuals?

• Blue Pill

• Red Pill

• Let Sam Harris Determine

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sinny

Chieftain
I mean when you move your mouse to the edge of the screen, the speed at which the screen moves.

I know it's an ini setting in either GlobalDefines or in the MyGames/BTS/Civ.ini, but I always forget which one.

I've had to reinstall Civ IV BTS (Kmod + modmods of Kmod - because this setup and Magister Modmod of FFH2 are objectively the peak of this franchise until its mainstream and watering down "demise" ahem) many times, like an alcoholic draining all the Morgan rum down the sink before going back to the store for more. Help me with my relapse. I'll probably do ewtube vids of Kmod (along with the best current modmod) sometime in the future with commentary but that'll maybe be a while.
GOT S8 was objectively bad in terms of the writing and number of Starbucks cups left on stage as compared to all previous seasons. Every Civ after IV is objectively bad in terms of complexity (1UPT R U FKNKG|!7*) and number of iq points utilized in production as compared to IV. What does all that have to do with What is the ini Setting for "Edge Pan Speed"?? Yes.

Ty, Sifu.

Actually, it might not be in GlobalDefines or the Civilization.ini in Documents, the screen moves too sloow when cursor is at the edge! lol
Please someone halp me with what this setting is :D

I found the solution!

For anybody that wants the camera to move FASTER when the mouse is at the edge of the screen do this:

- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML
- Open up GlobalDefines in a text editor such as WORDPAD and edit this setting:

<DefineName>CAMERA_MIN_SCROLL_SPEED</DefineName>
<fDefineFloatVal>300</fDefineFloatVal>

(I changed it to 1800 to match the CAMERA_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED setting, just play with those two and always backup your initial GlobalDefines so you don't got airplanes flying under cows hooves like I did cuz u messed with the air unit height setting or things.

Thanks all, I couldn't have done it without ur emotional supportxd

:D :D :D MURRE KRISMUS! :D :D :D

I found the solution!

For anybody that wants the camera to move FASTER when the mouse is at the edge of the screen do this:

- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML
- Open up GlobalDefines in a text editor such as WORDPAD and edit this setting:

<DefineName>CAMERA_MIN_SCROLL_SPEED</DefineName>
<fDefineFloatVal>300</fDefineFloatVal>

(I changed it to 1800 to match the CAMERA_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED setting, just play with those two and always backup your initial GlobalDefines so you don't got airplanes flying under cows hooves like I did cuz u messed with the air unit height setting or things.

Thanks all, I couldn't have done it without ur emotional supportxd

:D :D :D MURRE KRISMUS! :D :D :D

A safer approach to not risk messing up your CIV is to use CustomAssets. Instead of modifying GlobalDefines in \Assets\XML, copy GlobalDefines to \CustomAssets\XML and make the changes in the copy. When CIV launches it replaces what it finds under CustomAssets for the same files that are in Assets. If you have already copied GlobalDefines there for another modification, just make the changes in the copy that you already have. If there is no XML folder in CustomAssets, create an empty one there and then copy GlobalDefines into it. This way you never alter the files in your game folder, so if you screw up you can make a new copy and start over. I have made several modifications this way, such as no nukes and no Global Warming.

Top Bottom