What Is the most boring film you have seen recently

Ain't seen that one yet.

Two I've seen recently on the VCR were "Enemy at the Gates" (I expected a lot more from that), and "Event Horizon" (I think this was out awhile ago, but the plot was disappointing).

bandits, i don´t understand how they managed to make it so boring.

enemy at the gates was much better as screener then dvd rip. problary because it was given more atmosphere.;)

Not another teen movie

My girlfriend and her friend made me go watch this awful movie. It wasn't awful, it was disgusting... And I think disgusting is not enough. I've never seen so much boring jokes aligned in an hour and a half. :vomit:

I must assure you that you must be high or something to have pleasure watching that... But my girlfriend was there, so at least I wasn't alone there...:rolleyes:

Actually "Austin Powers: the Spy Who Shagged Me" was atrocious. All kinds of lame jokes alluding to American TV commercial jingles and other things like that. Put it this way, I saw it in a theatre in Guatemala (with subtitles in Spanish), and I'm sure NO ONE there but me "got" the jokes at all, and I thought they were lame.

I don't really like lame movies that try to satirize other movies, like this "Not Another Teen Movie" seems to be ("Scary Movie" sucked bigtime too)--only exception was "Blazing Saddles", but that didn't overdo anything and was funny in its own right.... Mel Brooks was (is? is he still around?) a genius.

A very stupid movie (But Halle Berry got nekkid!!!):)!

Bandits was an O.K. movie, not sooo boring.

Spoof movies died after the Naked Gun series.

I think Mel is still around, but not 100%, and too lazy to look it up.;)

Originally posted by allan
I don't really like lame movies that try to satirize other movies, like this "Not Another Teen Movie" seems to be ("Scary Movie" sucked bigtime too)

Well I don't like them either. I only saw scary movie 2, and again, I didn't chose the film. I saw a couple of others like this, and I'm so tired I'm often near sleeping while in the theater.

My friends are the kinds of teenager who goes to movies only to blow up their money in stupid film. I almost never have the choice for a movie, cause then, they know they may have to think about what's going on on the screen. But I have to go, cause I won't get invited the next time. And when my gf is there, I can support crappy movies.

Hopefully, it was my girlfriend's friend who chose not another teen movie, cause I don't think I could support having to go to crappy movies like those one all the time. Maybe next time they will let me choose :)

"Joe Somebody" with Tim Allen.

Absolutely horrendous

I somehow sat through "The Wedding Planner" with the wife the other night (on HBO). What a total waste of 2 hours of my life.

I also saw Enemy at the Gates on video (I have only seen good films at the cinema recently :D), and was most disappointed and bemused by it.
A combination between a western and a puerile romance that showed little of the wider strategic picture was not what the movie could have been. It took a great historical period to explore, and focused the camera on their foot instead. But that is what some audiences want these days.
It was not a good old style war movie in the manner of "To Hell and Back" or "The Longest Day", and continues the trend to focus very little upon the Eastern front in film. Neither was it a true epic, instead a film that left you half full, and certainly not replete.
Cockney accents for the Soviets was not a good move, but that all tied in with ignoring the wider history for a "High Noon" style duel. Twas based upon true events, but even that could not redeem it.
Hanging the little cute kid was a distressing note to cap off a waste of 2 and a bit hours. The director has been sentenced to 40 years in Siberia as a result.:king:

Crikey, even "13 Days" was better;) :D (Not a great movie, nor a very good one, but good/satisfactory)

I don't see bad movies too often. One that got through my defense shield this summer was "Dude, Where's My Car" which I rented this summer. Somehow I thought it would be amusing -- I've always gotten a kick out of the Bill & Ted, Wayne & Garth, Jay & Silent Bob, etc. variety of screwball buddy comedy.

Well, the "Dudes" in "Where's My Car" weren't so-dumb-it's-funny. They were just so-dumb-it's-dumb. The whole movie was just a collection of not very funny jokes strung together by a practically nonexistent, and completely nonsensical, excuse for a plot. Maybe I'd have enjoyed this movie if I were fifteen years younger, but I doubt it. Even as a teenager I had more taste than that.

Fortunately I only wasted three bucks to rent it. If I'd been brain damaged enough to see it in the theater, I'd have had to kill myself in humiliation.

"2001 was a bit pants for movies, really."

True, but it came good at the end in a very big way with two magnificent pictures. :D

"Most recently - The Score. Wife has wanted to see it for some time and we finally got around to it. I found myself reading the ingredients on the bad of chips I was eating."

A matter of taste I guess. I really liked that movie a lot--especially what happened in the end. [edit--don't wanna give anything away]

I like DeNiro flicks though....

Top Bottom