What is the one new civ you would like to see in the new XP

What is the one new civ you would like to see in the new XP?

• Israeli/Hebrew

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Sioux/Cherokee

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Polynesians

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Australians

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Ethiopians

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Portugese

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Poles

• Khmer

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Mali

• Other

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters

caliskier

Chieftain
For the Poll, it has been pretty much confermed that the Sumers, Inca, Maya, and Hittites will be in the game, but of the other 4 which would you most like to see.

I would buy the expansion pack if all it included was an Israeli/Hebrew civ. I almost always play my game with my modded Israeli civ. My leader is Jacob and many of my cities are named after the 12 tribes of isreal.

i put othewr coz i dont really know who i want. i would like to see mroe nations that had lots of power (i suppose i could have voted portugese) i dont see the point in having civs in the game that didnt contribute much to the world so i put other

The Hebrews - for no other reason than their "culture flip" during the 10 to 1 BC time. Rome had to send in a few legions (I believe the total came to about 4) to supress the Hebrews during that time. Then in the 60s AD the Romans had to deal with them again. Considering the Hebrews had no organized military like the Romans that's pretty impressive stuff.

Sidenote: Modern age culture flipping seems silly but older age culture flipping seems quite reasonable. Consider the Romans had "conquest" of Israel a couple decades prior to Christ's birth. During the decade prior to Christ's birth Rome had to declare war on the Hebrews for 2 or 3 years before peace was re-declared in Palestine. The Roman war effort comprised something like 3 or 4 complete Roman Legions to win (I think a Roman legion was something like 10,000 soldiers. :eek: ) I think that is a real world example of culture flipping.

Definitely the Hebrews: Not just for the plethera of scenarios that can be developed for the Middle East and the bad blood between the Hebrews(Israel) and the Arab world but just their culture strength alone was impressive. It just makes sense. If you're going to add more Middle Eastern/Mediterranean civs in there, the Hebrews definitely need to be one of them

The poll says pick four, but the title says pick one. The poll only always one to be picked.

Which should it be?

Incans.

Yes, I know it says pick four. I origionally wanted to make it pick one, but after thinking that people would want to see a specific civ I added more, the more I added, I thought maybe I should allow them to pick 4. Four because of what I said in my first post. It won't let me change the poll title or I would

Sumerians, I believe, are predicted to be in due to news info, that is why they were not included in the poll

I would like to see the Swahili since they were the most developed civilization in precolonial Africa. I think that there are already enough European civilizations and shouldn't be any new ones in the next expansion. Realisticly though I think the Dutch will be included for marketing reasons.

The Dutch not even an option, Caliskier?

They were number one in the world for a century, and still rank among the top 10 in trading power. Add to that many scientific accomplishments and the choice is obvious. :)

Top Bottom