1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the result of making peace, if I have a deal that brought another AI in?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Tergiversater, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Tergiversater

Tergiversater Chieftain

So I am at war with the Sumerians.

I bribe the French into joining the fight with me.

That agreement is a 20 turn agreement.

If I make peace with Sumeria before that 20 turns, do I take a hit diplomatically?

2. Everkane

Everkane Valar Morghulis

Yes, you do.

Whatever the per-turn agreement you break your rep will take a hit.

The best thing to do is to wait the 20 turns, then go talk to the leader and finish the deal.

3. Tergiversater

Tergiversater Chieftain

Eugh, thanks. Guess i'll hang on in.. too many fronts!

4. Lord Emsworth

Lord Emsworth Emperor

Yes, you will get a rep-hit. But this will only affect future Military Alliances. It becomes much harder (read: more expensive) to bribe other civs into war, although not impossible.

5. Tergiversater

Tergiversater Chieftain

Thank you :)

6. Rodrig0

Rodrig0 Monarch

What about them breaking a GPT deal? Say, if I'm trading with a certain civ who has a MPP with another, then I attack their partner and the civ I'm trading with declares war on me, does it causes me a rep hit? I know it does not when they declare on a DoW agreement, but what about being forced because of a MPP?