What is the single most powerful promotion?

What is the most powerful promotion?

• Total voters

ShannonCT

Deity
Promotions are of course unit and situation dependent, but what is you favorite overall promotion? Poll coming...

I've been using March a lot recently. Helps to conserve your momentum in a war. I love Drill IV but can never actually get units promoted that far down the Drill line with the leaders I like to play.

Leadership promotion gives you the most bang for your buck.

Commando. Give it to a cavalry unit and then upgrade it to a gunship. Of course, its incredibly rare to ever be able to actualy do this, so commando is hardly ever used. Ignoring GG promotions, I'm split between Blitz and March.

March is my choice, especially once the AI gets airships.

Blitz is powerful, but only works for units with two or more movements. March is more generally useful.

I love Leadership, but only GGs can get it. GGs aren't effective units, since one tends to be protective of them. Therefore Leadership is a dud.

Medic III is good, but one doesn't need very many of them, so not generally useful.

Commando would be great if you could somehow get a large number of units to have this promotion. Otherwise, on a onesy-twosy basis, it's useless.

blitz for mobile troops especially if you have military tech advantage as it results in more kills, more exp and thus more promos and GGP.

March is nice also.

lets not forget woodsmen/guerilla promos (depending on terrain) for scouts and warrior in the early, early game for faster, safer exploration.

Blitz on battleships. You can bombard a city and attack a ship on the same turn.

Commando would be great if you could somehow get a large number of units to have this promotion. Otherwise, on a onesy-twosy basis, it's useless.

a couple of commandos can be great to get a city that's not too well protected. granted, i generally don't start a war until i'm way overprepared, so i have enough units to split some up. bring along enough gunships (4 movement and free mobility, yeehaw) to kill all (or almost all) of the defenders in the city. for that i like blitz gunships ;). then a commando mops up or just walks in and captures the city. in a backline city that often takes out the enemy culture enough that other units can sneak in there.

i really like march. of the GG ones, i'm really partial to morale and medic 3.

a couple of commandos can be great to get a city that's not too well protected. ... bring along enough gunships (4 movement and free mobility, yeehaw) to kill all (or almost all) of the defenders in the city. for that i like blitz gunships ;). then a commando mops up or just walks in and captures the city.

I've never thought of that tactic. It seems like a good one. I'll give it a try sometime, though I usually don't research Advanced Flight until just about everything else is gone.

I need to figure out how healing works. I've read some things that don't make sense now. I'll check out the strategy forums but the basic questions are:

- March: does this mean you can be healed while moving, or can heal other units while moving?

- If the former, does your starting position or ending position determine whether you are in range of a heal?

- Does a non-March healer have to be stationary to heal another unit? If so, do they click to skip their turn, fortify/rest or does it matter?

- Do multiple heal promotions on different units in the same tile stack? I think I read this is No.

- What is the bonus to healing inside a city you own? Can it be in revolt and still get the bonus?

There is more, but must get back to working now, anyone have the best reference on this for BtS?

P.S. sorry if this is a hijack.

My favorite promotion is Drill 4. In general, I like the drill line for overall advantage.

march means you heal even when you move. medics do not need to have march themselves in order to heal other troops while the medic moves. healing rate in a city in revolt is less than a happy city. many more details in the war academy. :)

I personally like city raider III.

I like to start my war mongering early so that I can get several melee units promoted down the city raider line. When I get rifelmen, they all get upgraded (and the GG units keep their exp). Having rifelmen and infantry with city raider III is a huge bonus in the mid game. If I am going for a domination or conquest victory, the game never lasts lnog enough for me to get the later units. My rifelmen (and towards the end infantry) with city raider III just clean up the opposition!

march means you heal even when you move. medics do not need to have march themselves in order to heal other troops while the medic moves. healing rate in a city in revolt is less than a happy city. many more details in the war academy. :)

Thanks, that answers everything :)

I personally like the Barrage promotions since I have a tendency to overdo the seige weapons . :D

Commando is the most powerful non-GG power. Mobility is invaluable especially in enemy territory, that's why its so hard to get that power.

Leadership is a great one since it lets you get more of the rest

Of the non GG ones i would tend towards woodsmen 3, it gives you a 50% forest/jungle attack bonus (deadly vs mounted/siege units), 2 FS + 15% healing for the whole stack

Top Bottom