What is the use of caravansary and harbor?

myclan

King
When do I need to build it?
(Only for trade route reason, I know habor can be used to connect two cities)

Another quesion: East Indian Company, Market and the Colossus only work when AI connect a trade route to your city?

very simple, they enhance the gold you receive from trades routes,
Harbor i think add + 2 more gold when sending cargo ship to another Civ cities and +50% range to you sea trade routes,
Caravansary add 50% more range to your land trade routes and add +2 more gold when you are sending trade routes to another Civ cities.
Colossus gives you another trade route aside from your normal limits and gives you 1 free cargo ship. then gives you +2 gold when sending Cargo ship to foreign Cities and gives the trade route owner + 1 more gold in trade routes. usually when im the one who built this wonder, all my other sea trade routes in my other cities. i moved them all to city which i built this wonder. to gain more gold :D

P.S if your playing a game, then suddenly you got a question. you might find answers in Civlopedia an ingame encyclopedia about Civilization V contents, there you could find most of Civilization V contents and features. you could find it on Help tab in you game's upper right corner or When you are on Main Menu, its on "other" and Civlopedia

Caravansary and Harbors extend the range of your trade routes by 50%. i.e a potential trade partner is 15 tiles away and your caravan has only 10 range, building a caravansary allows your caravans to travel further. Same for sea routes.

As written in the description of the mentioned wonders, part of their effect only works when trade is sent to that city in question.

very simple, they enhance the gold you receive from trades routes,
Harbor i think add + 2 more gold when sending cargo ship to another Civ cities and +50% range to you sea trade routes,
Caravansary add 50% more range to your land trade routes and add +2 more gold when you are sending trade routes to another Civ cities.
Colossus gives you another trade route aside from your normal limits and gives you 1 free cargo ship. then gives you +2 gold when sending Cargo ship to foreign Cities and gives the trade route owner + 1 more gold in trade routes. usually when im the one who built this wonder, all my other sea trade routes in my other cities. i moved them all to city which i built this wonder. to gain more gold :D

P.S if your playing a game, then suddenly you got a question. you might find answers in Civlopedia an ingame encyclopedia about Civilization V contents, there you could find most of Civilization V contents and features. you could find it on Help tab in you game's upper right corner or When you are on Main Menu, its on "other" and Civlopedia

But when I see the detail of trade route, it says that I can get 1 gold for buildings in my city, and they can get 8 gold for buildings in their city.

I guess my build is the harbor (+1 gold)

Their building inculde market(+2 gold), harbor(+2 gold), East Indian Company(+4 gold)

The Colossus was built in my city.

But when I see the detail of trade route, it says that I can get 1 gold for buildings in my city, and they can get 8 gold for buildings in their city.

I guess my build is the harbor (+1 gold)

Their building inculde market(+2 gold), harbor(+2 gold), East Indian Company(+4 gold)

The Colossus was built in my city.

I think The trade route you saw is not your trade route,it might be the other civ trade route(from their City to your city)they will get 8 gold because they are the trade route owner, and you because you're just the receiver of the trade route they created, you will get less gold and science

P.S what kind of trade route is that?? land or sea?? if that is a land trade route, you will not get the bonus from Colossus even though you build this wonder and harbor in your city. it must be sea trade route.

Caravansary isn't too useful because you should pretty much only ever run sea trade routes anyway.

I think The trade route you saw is not your trade route,it might be the other civ trade route(from their City to your city)they will get 8 gold because they are the trade route owner, and you because you're just the receiver of the trade route they created, you will get less gold and science

P.S what kind of trade route is that?? land or sea?? if that is a land trade route, you will not get the bonus from Colossus even though you build this wonder and harbor in your city. it must be sea trade route.

Cork has harbor only, no market/East Indian Company/Colossus

So my harbor +1 for me
Their market +2, harbor +2 ,EIC +4 for them
Their market +1, harbor +1 ,EIC +2 for me?

Caravansary isn't too useful because you should pretty much only ever run sea trade routes anyway.

Yeah, but they are the Cheap ones early in the game and the easy one to defend against the Marauding Barbarians. =)

Cork has harbor only, no market/East Indian Company/Colossus

So my harbor +1 for me
Their market +2, harbor +2 ,EIC +4 for them
Their market +1, harbor +1 ,EIC +2 for me?
wow, i never made as many trade routes as you have, I usually got 7 or 8? What Era is that BTW.

Maybe it is effect of some Modern Tech you have researched, i never got to Information Era, I usually find it boring. And I got 1 minute a turn which make me quit before finishing the game. Luckily sometimes i got Cultural victory on Modern Era.

P.S why you don't have trade route Duration??

Clarification: Do City States count as 'other civilizations' for purposes of [additional gold generated] trade routes with 'other civilizations?

YES maybe, they are not part of your Civilization. and you get gold rather than production and Food.

wow, i never made as many trade routes as you have, I usually got 7 or 8? What Era is that BTW.

Maybe it is effect of some Modern Tech you have researched, i never got to Information Era, I usually find it boring. And I got 1 minute a turn which make me quit before finishing the game. Luckily sometimes i got Cultural victory on Modern Era.

P.S why you don't have trade route Duration??

This table just show what trade routes are availible, not the trade route you currently own, so you can find which trade route suit you best in this table.

Caravansary is useful sometimes because sea trade routes is hard to prevent from plundering. So I prefer to use caravansary when i expect there'll be war soon.

Yeah, but they are the Cheap ones early in the game and the easy one to defend against the Marauding Barbarians. =)

Actually if granted a Caravan by Petra I would pray for Barbarians to destroy it so I could replace the extra route with a Cargo ship. It doesn't appear possible to disband caravans for when you want to replace to cargo ships.

I find east India company to not work - doesn't really entice the AI, and there are lots of other things to build given the cost

Actually if granted a Caravan by Petra I would pray for Barbarians to destroy it so I could replace the extra route with a Cargo ship. It doesn't appear possible to disband caravans for when you want to replace to cargo ships.

...No, I'm pretty sure I've deleted caravans before. You should just be able to delete it like you would any other unit. You have to wait until the trade route ends though.

Yes, i will do that also if i have a secure route for my Cargo ship and a trade partner who got a less possibility to declare war on me.

I will pretty much delete caravans right away when a cargo ship cam do much better than one anyway. Oh and harbors are needed to build seaports which are nice if you have a nice amount of area resources. That is a pretty good reason to build harbors

I will pretty much delete caravans right away when a cargo ship cam do much better than one anyway. Oh and harbors are needed to build seaports which are nice if you have a nice amount of area resources. That is a pretty good reason to build harbors

aside from +1 :c5production:production on sea resources, Seaports also gives you additional production when building naval units. Very useful when your trying to dominate the sea.

Top Bottom