What is the world's weirdest country?

What is the worlds weirdest country?

• Total voters
WEIRD FACTS ABOUT WEIRD NAURU, TRULY THE WEIRDEST OF THE WEIRD:

Nauru is the worlds smallest Island nation.

Nauru had a giant layer of phosphate from millions of years of birds crapping on it.
The Nauruans mined this phosphate briefly becoming the richest (per capita) nation in the world.
When they ran out of phosphate the Nauruans were left with extreme unemployment, and no money (they sorta blew it all stupidly).

Weird things Nauru has done for money:
Selling off a 52 story skyscraper in Melbourne it built in the 1970s
Tried to become a money laundering tax haven
Hosted an immigration detention center for Australia

Nauru is the world's fattest nation, 97% of the men and 93% of the women are overweight. It has the worlds highest rate of diabetes.

Traditional Nauruan religion is monotheistic with a female deity.

Nauruans love weightlifting, in fact their president is a former olympic weightlifter! Could your president/whatever clean and jerk 162.5kg? Didn't think so!

Absolutely everything about Nauru is weird.

After Perf pointing all that out, I'm going to have to go with Nauru. :eek:

Literally USA #1

Nauru may have more wierdness per capita, but North Korea clearly takes the overall title. It is a caricature of a country.

North Korea, if they didn't have weapons nobody would take them seriously. Even with weapons it's a struggle to take them seriously.

Definitely Vatican City - it's only 110 acres big!

There's nothing weird about North Korea (they're just a commie craphole... nothing weird about that), and only a few paradoxical things about the USA. Nauru has done a few weird things, but as IglooDude said, they only win weirdness per capita. The true winner is...

Ecologically Australia wins hands down, the wildlife in that place is ****** to the hilt. Human weirdness though... I've seen a lot of good arguments for Nauru or North Korea here but I'm still gonna have to go with Japan. Seriously I like anime as much as the next antisocial nerd but those people have got some cultural baggage, if there were such a thing as therapists for countries they'd be at the top of the list.

Japan. Their cartoons and games are...... weird. Words can't describe how weird I think their culture is.

Japan seems the obvious choice, but its weirdness is too contrived, too deliberate and, crucially, too uniform.

The USA achieves results only slightly less overtly bizarre, but with considerably less effort or self-awareness, and with much greater variety.

Mad@gascar

They are not fond of them either.

Top Bottom