1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] What is the worst looking leader in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hellenism Salesman, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I think Alexander is one of the best simply because he IS so punchable. Firaxis was trying to get a very specific reaction with Alex and boy howdy did they get it.

I hate his stupid <snip> face and I want to punch it TO DEATH.

Moderator Action: Clumsy effort to obscure profanity deleted. Browd
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I think the worst looking as far as "what exactly are you going for here" and "this looks like maybe it might have been a rejected first draft" is Kublai Khan, and no one else is close.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
    Depravo, AntSou, Zaarin and 1 other person like this.
  2. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Chandragupta is hot and sexy; Gandhi is... way out of proportion.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  3. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Prequels actually made sense (midichlorians and Jar Jar need to be purged, though). Latest sequel 'trilogy' was a crappy reboot, an art film, and a massive ridiculous infodump which made no sense.

Also Hammurabi looks perpetually angry.

True. Alex is like Ted Cruz levels of punchable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
    Socrates99, 679x, KayAU and 9 others like this.
  4. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Star Wars. Everyone has their own view as to which was the worst film, and for me it was the Phantom Menace. Although, I do remember a parody of it called "the Bantam Menace" which had a guy in a chicken suit dancing around on stage with jedi lookalikes at a university revue.

Depravo likes this.
  5. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

I love the art style of Civ VI (Civ V was good, but airless and bland. I think going for "personality" was absolutely the right choice this time around.) There are none that jump out at me as "bad" honestly, though I see what folks are saying about a lack of consistency. When some look as good, and walk the tightrope of being "big" without being overly cartoony - like Cyrus, CdM, or Alexander - it makes Qin Shi Huang or Gandhi or Cleopatra look like Looney Toons by comparison. But I still like those three if only because they get their ideas across effectively. I know what's going on with them when I meet them. The only one, off-hand, that I can think of whose model/animations don't convey personality to me is probably Lady Six Sky. And I don't think they did a bad job on her model, and I know they had to recycle a lot of Amanitore's animations for her, but in the end, in a game of "Big Personalities," she always feels like the smallest personality to run into.

Oh, and The Rise of Skywalker is unquestionably the worst Star Wars movie, even worse than the prequels. Just irredeemable hot garbage. The Last Jedi might be the best. Time will tell.

6. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

It is fine being wrong, as long as you learn from it.

7. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

The Phantom Menace's worst sin is being boring, and in that mess of a franchise boring is a very forgivable sin. :p

In terms of quality Cleopatra definitely doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside Gandhi. The problem with Gandhi is that from a purely quality perspective his model is poorly done--he doesn't even look human. They could have gotten his personality across without making him look like the unholy offspring of ET and a troll doll. (Also I think his personality was big enough that they didn't have to turn him into a 60s hippie--and if it wasn't then maybe it was finally time to retire that stale meme. :p )

I also have to defend Lady Six Sky's model. True, it's not oozing personality--we honestly don't know much about Lady Six Sky's personality. However, I think it translates the one known depiction of her from stele to flesh in a way that feels very authentic. To me what takes away the most from her is her VA, who is very clearly not a native speaker and whose delivery is clumsy.

AriaLyric, Pietato, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  8. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Basil II is my vote. Like, late 90's 3D hair, bizarre facial expressions, choppy locomotion. Just a really baffling and amateur rendering of Genghis's model, it's honestly looks more like something a modder would come up with!

*L*X*N*D*R is a douchebag, but this is a deliberate style choice, at least. I still think his face looks like it might melt off at any moment though.

In terms of effectiveness, it's Kublai though, right? LOL JOLLY OLD FATHER CHRISTMAS MAN demeanor combined with like... a VA screaming angrily in Mongolian at you, it's rly baffling they chose to make his animations so mellow? Also, that uneven beard X__X.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    679x, Zaarin and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  9. Ticio

Ticio Prince

YES! Rough Rider Teddy is the worst for me! He looks like a kid dressed like T. Roosevelt for Halloween. It always make me chuckle a little :p

Hellenism Salesman, AntSou and LMT like this.
  10. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

There are only two that deserve hot and sexy.
    Dido and Suleiman

BD123 likes this.
  11. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Well, since we're now having star wars wars, the only star wars media from the last 10 years that I like was Rogue One. (I probably also liked 7 and 8 more than 2 and maybe 1, though).

Not sure I would call Dido hot and sexy, but it's funny seeing her giving all thsoe sultry looks compared to her Civ 5 appearance which looked like a nun.

Zaarin likes this.
  12. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

Ambiorix is not the worst looking leader but he probably bugs me the most for carrying on the bare chested barbaric Celt trope. Give the poor guy some chainmail and fitting clothes for Celtic aristocracy.

Zaarin, LMT, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  13. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I have to join the hatefest for E.T. Gandhi as the . . . second worst leader model.

The one I hate the most (and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned him) is Gilgabro. I wasn't aware that the ancient Sumerians had access to steroids.

PS - Gandhi's head & body reminds me of a tootsie roll pop

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Old Victoria, Kjimmet, PiR and 3 others like this.
  14. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

The immortality plant also makes you really built.

AriaLyric, Kjimmet, PiR and 3 others like this.
  15. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

16. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

oh wow but the background was cool!

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  17. conorbebe

conorbebe King

Controversial opinion: Gandhi and Qin are actually among my favourite leader models. Sure, they’re incredibly exaggerated and stylised, which I can understand being an issue for people who value realism above all else, but I wouldn’t say there’s anything wrong with them on a technical level.

My vote goes to Kublai Khan, who to me looks like a poorly-made taxidermy of the genuine article. His skin looks plastic and off-colour, his face rigid and robotic, and his hair like straw spray-painted silver.

679x, Kjimmet, PiR and 4 others like this.
  18. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Understandable opinion. I don't even mind E.T. Gandhi, it just seems like the worst model in my mind. Kublai Khan is up there with him, though.

19. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

...She had bare shoulders. And arms. :p

Yes. I can appreciate that he's one of the higher quality models in NFP...but I still hate him so much for carrying on the Boudicca stereotype tradition. :crazyeye:

I 100% agree with this.

20. BD123

BD123 Chieftain

I get the hate for not making him more historically accurate and breaking the wild Celtic stereotype but he's actually one of the leaders I like more, strong and manly with great hair :love: and isn't a roid head like Gilgabro.

Cleopatra isn't on the same level as Gandhi - I think she's middle of the road in terms of quality - but her hair bothers me with those bangs...

And yeah Kublai Khan is... off. Especially in comparison to Ba Trieu, who he came with as a DLC pack. The difference in model quality between them gives me whiplash even if I'm playing on lower settings...

Zaarin likes this.