1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] What is the worst looking leader in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hellenism Salesman, Feb 20, 2021.

1. ShakaKhan

ShakaKhan King

Aw... I like Gandhi! He looks like if ET and Stewie from Family Guy had a baby!

My pick is Simon Bolivar. Looks like the artists ran out of time. Unfinished.

LMT and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  2. Hellenism Salesman

Hellenism Salesman Warlord

That denounce animation is just... :cringe:

679x likes this.
  3. Old Victoria

Old Victoria Chieftain

YESS! This one, hands down. Punchble face. Makes me feel bad for feeling what I feel when her face shows up. And she has freakischly small hands.

Poundmaker looks awesome! Way better than the original (I googled). When I got the expansion I was like "hot damn!"

Other than that, I hate Cleopatra's bug eyes, but she looks great despite that.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  4. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

But.... Kristina and her book! I always see her look as mix of Hermione and Trelawney.

Eurritz and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  5. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder Vietnam & Māori Main

Another thing I realised I didn't mention - most of the really muscular male leaders have just massive lats (latissimi dorsi - link for anyone who like me didn't previously know the name for them). Maybe I just don't spend as much time looking at bodybuilders or just generally buff people as other people do? But it really just looks abnormal to me. For Gilgamesh I can kinda understand, that guy's supposed to be like a body builder, but the two where it looks most out of place to me are Shaka and Montezuma. Do spear users naturally get huge lats? Cause to me it just looks like they had satellite dishes implanted into their upper backs or something. Genuinely disconcerting.

679x, Hellenism Salesman and Zaarin like this.
  6. Francel

Francel Madam Secretary

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread, but have to mention Robert the Bruce. Every time I see him, I can’t help but think of the dwarves in the Hobbit movies... Not something I care to remember.

PiR, Zaarin and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  7. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Yeah, I love Kristina. She's wonderfully expressive. One of my favorites, easily.

8. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Pro: He's not anachronistically wearing a kilt and smeared in blue paint (had to save that for Ambiorix, I guess :rolleyes: ). Con: He still manages to come across as a massive Scottish stereotype--and his VA sounds dead inside.

9. Hellenism Salesman

And that's a big shame too, considering how much personality and emotion is injected into the written lines themselves. A bad delivery and the worst case of missed potential...

At least the animators made up for it with his chair-kicking :mischief:

PiR, Kjimmet and Zaarin like this.
  10. Zaarin

Yeah, I really like the lines themselves.

11. Hellenism Salesman

Makes me imagine a world where we got to hear "YOU'LL DINE ON YOUR OWN TEETH BEFORE YOU SET FOOT IN SCOTLAND" screamed with appropriate Scottish vigor...

PiR, Kjimmet and Zaarin like this.
  12. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I agree. Even if she does look off it is historically accurate.
    I do like her interactions with her being more interested in her book than you until you become friends or enemies.

Because that would have meant we would have got Mel Gibson, I mean William Wallace, as leader instead.:mischief:

13. Zaarin

They exaggerated her masculine features--her portraits look prettier--but she definitely looks recognizable anyway.

14. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Warlord

I wouldn't say any of them are at the absolute bottom, but almost the entire NFP looks pretty weird/off/alien. Ba Trieu looks fine, Ambiorix isn't too bad (stereotypes aside), the rest...

Most of the others that I have an issue are the typical base-game staples like Qin and Gandhi. There are a handful of DLC/expansion ones I'm not particularly in love with (definitely Alex, probably Eleanor, I've always felt Mansa Musa looked a little odd too), but those are definitely the highest-quality groups on average.

My least favorite is currently Alexander. I don't actually own NFP yet, though, so I might end up hating some of those more after I buy it. (Which I considered doing after Vietnam/Kublai, but I'm waiting for the Monopoly bug to be fixed.)

Kjimmet, PiR, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  15. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Prince

Probably because of the dialect he is speaking in

PiR likes this.
  16. Zaarin

I mean, Gilgamesh and Cleopatra, among others, are also delivering their lines in dead languages (badly, in Gilgamesh's case), but their delivery has feeling. Michelle Yeoh had to learn all of her dialogue for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon phonetically, but you'd never know it from her rousing performance. So I'm not really prepared to grant him that excuse.

17. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

Pedro is the worst. He went from a huggable Santa-like figure in civ 5 to...
    whatever hell this is:
    He looked so much better in civ 5...

18. BD123

BD123 Chieftain

I guess they wanted to go with a younger Pedrio II since in CiV we had the older, white-haired Pedro II at his desk. I think Pedro II's most recognizable look is older with white hair, but I'm guessing they wanted to differentiate Civ 6's Pedro from V's since Brazil really only has him as the best leader choice? The leaders that returned from V are all drastically different from their previous iteration: they made Suleiman smexy for some reason (not complaining too much :mischief:), Pachacuti beefed up and lost some height, Dido looks much more like what I'd imagine a Phoenician queen to look like, and so on. So I think they went with younger Pedro instead of basically copy-pasting old CiV Pedro.

19. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

and they FAILED. Suleiman, Pachacuti and Dido looks fine but Pedro... He looks like a puppet. In fact, I can almost see a thin string-pulling him whenever he moves.
    They should've just kept "old" Pedro if they are not confident of making him look good.

20. Eurritz

Eurritz Chieftain

I actually like Kristina, one of my fav looking leaders.

The ones I really dislike are Kublai, Simon and that guy from Spain. He just looks like my landlord and sometimes I think he'll get on war against me if I don't pay rent on right time......

679x, canadamufc and Zaarin like this.