1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

What is your earliest memory?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by joespaniel, Feb 9, 2003.

1. boann

boann Tuatha princess

catching fireflys

2. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Busting my lip. 3 or 4.

3. Obssesed Nuker

Obssesed Nuker Resident Nuclear Launcher

Our last ever hamster dieng(we cept on buying a new one after the last one died and like 2 months later the new one died... we gave up after like the 3rd or 4th one died

4. Switch625

Switch625 I don't care.

I remember sitting on a porch with my mother. The house was in a rural area. When I told my mother about this memory she was amazed, because my parents moved away from that house when I was one year old. My next clear memory is of watching cartoons and waiting for my sister to come home from her first day at kindergarten. I was four then.

5. Pillager

Pillager League of Empire Loyalist

Moving house at the age of three, IIRC :p

6. De Lorimier

De Lorimier North American Scum

The death of the family dog. I was 3 or 4 and the dog was something like 12. Everyone in the house cried (mother, father, brother and sister). It was my first experience with death too, sadly, not the last.

7. SirJethro

SirJethro Paterfamilias

My earliest memory is pretty wild: when I was 2 years old I ran over my mom in the car. Seriously.

She stopped at my grandmother's house because she needed to make a phone car, and she got out with my baby sister and left the car running. I got into the drivers seat while she was gone to "pretend" I was driving. Evidently (how I don't remember) I put the car into drive and it started rolling. Just then my mother came out of the house and started chasing the car. After about 20 feet we got to a short hill and my mom had a tight squeeze between the car and some obstacle and it caused her to trip. She was able to lightly toss my sister to safety as she went down, but her leg ended up right under the car. I ran over her thigh and broke her femur (is that the right bone?). Right after that the car hit a tree and I came to a stop.

I was still trapped in the car (only because I forgot how to open the door...not because of damage to the car) when the ambulance showed up to help my mother.

Quite a traumatic experience I must say. :)

8. Pongui

Pongui Deity

I remember it being dark, or having my eyes closed, and deciding that the taste of cow's milk and rubber wasn't so terrible after all.

9. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

My earliest memory was that of being in the front seat of a lorry, and my mom and I were moving to Johor Bahru, across the border, from Singapore... I think I was about maybe 2 or 3 at the time. Pretty dim though, the memory.