1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite BNW Civilization?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Goldkoron, Jun 30, 2013.

?

Favorite BNW Civilization

1. Poland

12.7%
  2. Portugal

8.0%
  3. Assryia

4.7%
  4. Indonesia

7.3%
  5. Zulu

5.3%
  6. Brazil

9.3%
  7. Morocco

10.0%
  8. Shoshone

14.0%
  9. Venice

28.7%
  1. Goldkoron

Goldkoron Chieftain

As the title says, what Civilization are you most excited for and want to play?

2. Petiscator

Petiscator Chieftain

Poland! :king:

3. Sikandar

Sikandar Chieftain

Venice. Only having to worry about the mechanics for one city appeals to me.

4. ArnoldI

ArnoldI Black man!

Brazil, nothing as a cultural game.

5. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

I believe there was already a poll for this...

6. Ianwill93

Ianwill93 Chieftain

More than anything I want to play the old civs with the new mechanics, but Assyria looks to be the most interesting of the new civs for me.

7. Yzman

Yzman Chieftain

I'm most interested in trying out Venice just because it is so different and I have family in Venice so its a pride thing.

8. Goldkoron

Goldkoron Chieftain

There is a poll for least favorite civs, but that does not truly say what peoples favorites are.

9. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

Shoshone all the way. Feeling like they might become my favorite amongst all the civs.
    ♥~Scouts~♥

10. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

11. Goldkoron

Goldkoron Chieftain

12. Monado

Monado Chieftain

Zulu. I really enjoy aggressive AI personalities, Shaka being my favorite enemy of the last decade.

Quick story, my friend showed me Civ III. I hated it. Watched him again the next day as he played Babylon. Shaka owned a northern peninsula and attacked with hordes of fast moving impi. Seeing this UU in action changed my opinion of the game, and have since put a "few" thousand hours into the series.

13. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

Well, I voted anyway, but I think voting on the previous poll would give better impressions, because not everyone would vote twice I think.

14. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

Poland

15. Princeofnigeria

Princeofnigeria The illustrious

Poland

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm going to say Venice, even though morocco, Portugal, Indonesia, and the Shoshone are all very cool to me too.

17. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Chieftain

Venice, easily. Looks unique and interesting to play. I would predict that there would be a number of threads in S&T on Venice, as all of the other new civs would play fairly routinely.

18. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

For me it's a toss-up between Morocco, Venice and Shoshone. The Venice UA looks like it'll provide a very unique experience and really make the most of the trade system. Also means you'll always have a great city location, which is much more fun than being stuck near tundra or plains. The early game can sometimes be a bit of a hard slog, and Shoshone will be good for this reason. Makes scouting and settling more fun. Morocco, meanwhile, will both takes advantage of the trade system, and be quite awesome with deserts. I like civs that have synergy with their surrounds/start bias, so I think it's Morocco that wins out for me. In the last poll I voted for Venice, though, so I'm definitely on the fence!

19. Bfoxius

Bfoxius Chieftain

Brazil, but it's close. Even though Venice looks very fun and is the one everyone is talking about, I think that Brazil will be my favorite due to the synergy with my playstyle. Then again, I think building settlers is a chore and frequently hold off on them, Venice would be fun, so its kind of a toss-up. Poland seems to have synergy with the Prora wonder, so I'm probably going to play warlike and take Autocracy with them. They also seem cool. The Shoshone seem cool, and they also seem to have synergy with an ideology (Order.)
    My List:
    1. Brazil
    2. Venice
    3. Poland
    4. Shoshone
    5. Assyria
    6. Morocco
    7. Zulu
    8. Indonesia
    9. Portugal

20. MarauderCH

MarauderCH Chieftain

Shoshone, though Brazil and Portugal gets me excited, too. Venice has caught my curiosity, also, but in a different way.