What is your favorite civilization to play?

magicshane

Chieftain
Hi, I would like to know what your favorite civilization in vanilla or conquest is. Mine is America.

This is a tired question, but I'll answer ya anyway: I like Scandinavia. Once the Medievil era hits you own the world--nothing can stop those insane, hallucinogen-loving Beserks.

Well, in vanilla civ - The Atzecs used to my favourite since you got the Jaguar warriors that were very cheap and also worked as scouts. In addition, they were both religious and militaristic, my favourite traits.

Now: the Celts, Persia, Japan, Sumerians, Egypt.

But this kind of thread has been posted many times already.

Carthage, Germans, English and Dutch.

The very first civ I played, 12 years ago on my Amiga 500, was Rome.

Germany - if only for the Panzers that can do a world tour later in the game, if I live that long :)

I must admit though I do get 'stuck' on a civ rather than going for a different one.

Rome, first and foremost, after that Greece isnt to bad

Depends on difficulty, how the map suits civ traits and so on. I try to play different maps and I try to choose a civ that will be good for each map type.

Agricultural civs are good on most maps imhso.
I guess the civ I played the most in vanilla civ would have to be the egyptians for 1) industrial trait, 2) those early culture pushes and 3) because you don't have to use their UU, which means you can postpone your GA til you've built/captured wonders that suit your traits.

Originally posted by Morgan UK
Germany - if only for the Panzers that can do a world tour later in the game, if I live that long :)

I must admit though I do get 'stuck' on a civ rather than going for a different one.

Where in the industrial age do you get panzers? Do you have to research something first? Also, since they are almost like tanks except for one more movement point do they upgrade to modern armors? Thanks. Also, I did a search after I posted this topic and the last time a topic like this has come up was before conquests. I just wanted to know what everyones favorite civ out of conquests and vanilla were. :)

Yes panzers do upgrade to modern armour. And they do indeed only have 1 more movement than a tank - but that itself can be enough to gain you the advantage.

Panzers are unique to Germany and come in place of the tank - when Motorized Transport has been researched and you have the raw resources of oil and rubber.

Like the Man O War can give the English an advantage until the Iron Clads come about the Panzers also have their day until Modern Armour changes it.

And it is the above that has made me play DYP as almost every unit has no redundancy built into it, as a full upgrade path is available. The additional units is nothing short of phenomenal

The Man O War example will upgrade to....

Iron Frigate.....
Destroyer........
Missile Destroyer

Morgan

Originally posted by Tavenier

Sic transit gloria mundi...
;)

I liked China in Vanillia, looks like Carthage in C3C, and maybe Austria. I recommend Rome, too.

@ Tavenier and Imperator Jase:

Ave Rome! Excelsior Umquam, Inferior Nunquam!

Top Bottom