Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Calabim

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • Sheaim

Votes: 13 9.0%

• Total voters

Kael

Deity
Which civilization is your favorite and why? (multiple votes allowed if you absolutly can't just pick one)

Malakim, i am their Hero!

Aren't you supposed to be a good example for the other posters in regard to good argumentation?:)

My favourite civ? Hmm. It might be the Sheaim, as I like to use a lot of magic, and the trait combination Arcane/Summoner is among my favourites. It is also a civilization that is naturally disposed towards getting the Veil, which happens to be my favourite religion. Of course they are a bit lacking in "uniqueness" as of right now, but the arrival of a certain large, black and scaly creature will probably change that...

It might also be the Grigori. I find the backstory and concept of this civilization the most intriguing of all, and playing without religions makes for an interesting change(though I always miss the music). I've also discovered that Adventurers make near-perfect Mages, as they can gain xp at a heroic rate, and still access all the spells up to third tier. Adventurers are in general good, simply because they are very versatile and can also be quite numerous, unlike most other hero units.

Or, by the logic of Chalid: Elohim, I am their hero!:D

The players in the D&D game were good friends with the Grigori too. They frequently hung out with Branding, one of Cassiels aides, and took him along on their adventurers (which usually involved messing with some upity religious group). Thats really what made me think of making the adventurer unit civ specific to the Grigori.

They even met Cassiel himself a few times. He was a lonely man (angel) who loved the people around him but still wasn't able to quite fit in with them. Hes like the hippy who runs off to live with the apes in the jungle to protect them from the corporations that are killing them off. He's the Jane Goodall of angels.

Calabim. Alexis is still super hot!

Plus I simply like their bloodthirsty ways! ;)

Once the Ancient Forest issue is resolved I'll chose an Elven civ.

Edit: I had typed a longer text at first but did not want to influence people, so i cut it down to the comment above . Better now Corlindale?

You are still influencing people. I bet we'll get to see thousands of posters going "Malakim, Chalid's their hero!" in a few days.
But I see your point:)

We should also start one about who do you not want to be neighbors with....Balseraphs would win for me. :)

Lets see, the writer votes for the one with the backstory he likes, the artist votes for his favorite art and woodelf votes for the one with the nicest umm... tracks of land. No surprises there. :D

I like the Calabim, I just love the whole idea of the Calabim, they fascinate me, and in a way I feel they are the darkest of the civs, simply through their sheer dystopian air.

I like Dwarves. What can I say? I just wish we could make them even more distinct.

I accidentally voted for only Calabim and Elohim when I also wanted teh Balseraphs. Their leaders are truly awesome! :goodjob:

A question on the Calabim- I played as the Elohim vs. the Calabim, and I got the diplomacy bonus "You are treating your people poorly".
That sounds like a vampiric thing, but what exactly does it entail?

And some of the wonders seem like they do nothing. And what is the purpose of the bloodpet? It seems to have no bonus's over the warrior.

Thanks in advance! This mod is amazing!

Tycoon101 said:
I accidentally voted for only Calabim and Elohim when I also wanted teh Balseraphs. Their leaders are truly awesome! :goodjob:

A question on the Calabim- I played as the Elohim vs. the Calabim, and I got the diplomacy bonus "You are treating your people poorly".
That sounds like a vampiric thing, but what exactly does it entail?

And some of the wonders seem like they do nothing. And what is the purpose of the bloodpet? It seems to have no bonus's over the warrior.

Thanks in advance! This mod is amazing!

The Calabim have an attitude bonus for other civs that treat their people poorly (where treating your people poorly means you have the lower two setting in the Compassion civics).

A bloodpet is just like a warrior except vampires can kill them to heal, regain a little movement and the ability to attack. They are basically vampire food.

Kael said:
The Calabim have an attitude bonus for other civs that treat their people poorly (where treating your people poorly means you have the lower two setting in the Compassion civics).

A bloodpet is just like a warrior except vampires can kill them to heal, regain a little movement and the ability to attack. They are basically vampire food.

Thank you Kael, I didn't understand at first...:blush:

I voted Ljosalfar.

Normally, I would despise playing any kind of fantasy elves. But Almecharie's(sp?) traits seemed a bit too good pass up (3 powerful traits that complement each) Also, they felt quite unique to play due to Ancient Forests and most units being elven and not just vanilla ffh1 units.

Is there any plans to add an Orcish leader that doesn't have the scorched earth trait? I wanted to play as Jonas, but I wasn't to big on the Barbarian/Scorched traits. Actually, the Barbarian trait really gimped me early game. I had a good sized army built, but apparently they became fat and lazy from the lack of action. They were quickly steam rolled by two other civs due to the attackers all having 3-4 promotions from Barb skirmishes..

Sisonpyh said:
I voted Ljosalfar.

Normally, I would despise playing any kind of fantasy elves. But Almecharie's(sp?) traits seemed a bit too good pass up (3 powerful traits that complement each) Also, they felt quite unique to play due to Ancient Forests and most units being elven and not just vanilla ffh1 units.

Huge thanks to SeZereth and Ploeperpengel of the Warhammer team for their fantastic elf models, Im sure thats the main reason the Elves are doing so well in the poll.

Is there any plans to add an Orcish leader that doesn't have the scorched earth trait? I wanted to play as Jonas, but I wasn't to big on the Barbarian/Scorched traits. Actually, the Barbarian trait really gimped me early game. I had a good sized army built, but apparently they became fat and lazy from the lack of action. They were quickly steam rolled by two other civs due to the attackers all having 3-4 promotions from Barb skirmishes..

Its a matter of balance. The orcs get undercosted units, and can spread without fear of barbarians (and if your clever you can joing the barbarians on raids). The fact that they cant keep any of the cities they take is a balance to this.

Ive been thinking about a few options about this. The weekend the Design Team will probably start talking about balance changes and feedback (right now we are in answer questions/fix things mode) and I have a few ideas to toss out. Right now Im favoring not razing a city if the scorched earth civ has culture in it (so you dont raise your own retaken cities).

By the way the doviello have the barbarian trait without scorched earth but they are balanced by overcosted units.

I've only had the mod for two days and played two games. Between the Elohim and Sheaim I prefer the Elohim, but that's probably because I got a much better starting position with the Elohim.

Ask me again in a month or two, I'll be able to give a better answer then.

So far, the Calabim have definately been the most fun to play. Of course, I've only tried a handful of civs so far, so my answer may change withing a few hours...

Top Bottom