What is your favorite new unit so far?

Aldor

King
Of course its early to ask this question :) I built some of the new hybrid units, but didn't get into wars yet (at least ones where I actually had to fight...), so haven't seen much action yet.

However, the naval units...I got an upgrade to the Vortex, melee ship (I think its some purity based hybrid). It looks good, has a superb combat animation and is STRONG! Very very nice unit.

Of course its early to ask this question :) I built some of the new hybrid units, but didn't get into wars yet (at least ones where I actually had to fight...), so haven't seen much action yet.

However, the naval units...I got an upgrade to the Vortex, melee ship (I think its some purity based hybrid). It looks good, has a superb combat animation and is STRONG! Very very nice unit.

Vortex is actually the Supremacy/Harmony hybrid Patrol Boat. (No Purity at all! :lol:)

I haven't had played far enough to get the the Harmony/Purity unique Architect and Throne. I'm working towards them though.

I tried to use the Aquilon (Harmony / Supremacy ultimate) but the movement was far too slow for an ocean-dominated map. Was just spammed Wraths everywhere (Harmony / Supremacy-maxed Cruisers).

Might go for some of the land units more when I've finished having fun with a lot of the Aquatic features.

I tried to use the Aquilon (Harmony / Supremacy ultimate) but the movement was far too slow for an ocean-dominated map. Was just spammed Wraths everywhere (Harmony / Supremacy-maxed Cruisers).

Might go for some of the land units more when I've finished having fun with a lot of the Aquatic features.

You need to use the phasal transporter (i think that's the name) the satellite th allows you to teleport troops around. That plus the purity ability to have orbital coverage over firaxite is great for domination games.

The invisible little walker (forgot the name). So cute and good (if terrain allows it).

I like the new Alien Scarab. More variety is good for immersion.

As for player units - I don't care. I am a peaceful player, so I'll probably never build most of them anyway. :mischief:

I like the new Alien Scarab. More variety is good for immersion.
Yeah, I really wish there were more scarabs around, just because they're cool and are a neat "low-level threat" that reminds you that the planet is very much alive.

Just love the design of the Makara, too. It's weaker than I expected but that thing looks scary when it crawls around on land, proper kaiju-like monstrosity.

the alien scrarab (i think it has another another name ingame) has such a cute dance like animation when he wins. sadly he is so weak you rarely see it.

I like the submarines. At first they are slow, but higher tiers make them faster, with more sight..

Vortex is actually the Supremacy/Harmony hybrid Patrol Boat. (No Purity at all! :lol:)

Doh! I figured it was because of the red-ish weapon fire.

The invisible little walker (forgot the name). So cute and good (if terrain allows it).

The Nanohive? Yep those look pretty cool too when they're walking around. Unfortunately I couldn't use one in combat yet...would love to see its effect.

I like the submarines. At first they are slow, but higher tiers make them faster, with more sight..

I second this. Submarines are amazing. I love that you can attack land units with them, too.

I also like pretty much all of the new alien units. Makaras look scary and I find the Rippers kinda cute. They make funny noises, too.

I second this. Submarines are amazing. I love that you can attack land units with them, too.

I also like pretty much all of the new alien units. Makaras look scary and I find the Rippers kinda cute. They make funny noises, too.

I know it's pathetic but I actually feel bad killing them because of the cute noise. It should actually be a reason to kill them. It's like I'm killing hamsters.

I find the Rippers kinda cute. They make funny noises, too.

I had the same reaction to rippers. They are like a cross-bred mixture of dolphin, chameleon, and Australian frilled lizard that makes whistling sounds when it swims! How awesome is that! I find myself wanting to leash them just to keep them as pets.

:)

The Drone Cage has grown on me, with the multi-functionality and using a shield and a pistol.

It's simply a pretty unit to look at.

Though like many Unique Units, it could afford to be more unique.

It's heal ability feels really weak at the moment - 5 hp heal around it if it takes no other actions in a turn - including movement.

Similarly the Golem feels lackluster since it appears to block allied ranged shots, and doesn't really feel powerful enough to be an Ultimate unit.

I'll try to make a mod making uniques feel more unique sometime, which for P/S would ideally involve a stronger heal that can be used after moving for the Drone Cage, more movement for the Autosled, and a resistance to ranged attacks for the Golem, possibly at the cost of some of their unit strength.

Astrosled (sp? Purity/Supremacy). It's a high-strength (tops out at 77?) 5-movement unit that moves over both land and sea with equal ease. Costs only 2 floatstone & 2 firaxite. They make for a GREAT high mobility complement to destroyers & gun boats in semi-amphibious naval warfare.

It's basically a faster, tougher floating tank.

I had the same reaction to rippers. They are like a cross-bred mixture of dolphin, chameleon, and Australian frilled lizard that makes whistling sounds when it swims! How awesome is that! I find myself wanting to leash them just to keep them as pets.

:)

I honestly forgot about leashing Aliens since I was pretty much killing them on sight at a certain point.

They can be a nuisance for water cities.

I honestly forgot about leashing Aliens since I was pretty much killing them on sight at a certain point.

They can be a nuisance for water cities.

Haha, me too. I haven't really leashed any because I've been killing them all since the start, especially since I've been messing around with Might this game and a trait that lets me get even more science per kill.

The funny thing is that I was initially going for Purity and I wound up Purity/Harmony with Harmony as more more dominant affinity. :D

The upgraded Geliopod (invisible harmony/supremacy unit) moves 3 spaces, and is absolutely a joy to run around with in your opponent's territory. It has 68 strength (!!!) so it can pick off most ranged units and you can raid trade routes to your heart's content.

Ditto hanging out with subs under the ice and picking off enemy patrol boats while they mill around uselessly :)

Top Bottom