What is your favorite song of all time?

State your favorite song...

And you can't say a spaming one liners such as I like song X because it is cool.

Give at least two or three sentences describing what it is about your favorite song that makes you love it so such. And no flaming somebody else's opinions. If someone's favorite song is a song you don't care for, deal with it.

Untitled #1 (Vaka) by Sigur Rós.

The reason is that of some reason that song alone is able to get me touched so deep each time I hear it, and with an explosion of emotions in the end; rounded up by a touch where I just seem to lose all words and is left without meaning. It's like an explosion of sadness. I know it isn't healthy to listen to, but it's just so insane that one single piece of music can start such emotions in you.

This thread is crying out to be rickrolled.

I don't really have a favourite song, per se. It depends on my mood. Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody," Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell," Bon Jovi's "It's My Life," and Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" are all up there, but the one I'm listening to the most right now is Meatloaf's "More Than You Deserve."

The reason? It's hilariously brilliant. This song transcends the so bad it's good category, and goes back around to bad again, before finally reaching good once more. Especially when combined with the video clip. The girl in it is pretty hot too, which always helps, even though she has to be at least fifty by now.

If I have to pick just one, today it's gotta be. ZZ Top - La Grange

How how how.

Song is just such a great pick-me-up. I can't listen to this and not feel great. And Billy Gibbons might very well be the best guitar player alive. At least according to Jimi Hendrix.

'I wanna be adored' by the Stone Roses...

sheer perfection, thats why

Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day

Yes, I'm part of that generation. Fell in love with this song in middle school and it hasn't lost the sentimental touch because that song was my background music to my life for a long time..

Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer

I'm not really that keen on S&G, but that one song just blows me away every time I hear it. The lyrics are just so...real. Pretty much sums up life.

In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down or cut him
til he cried out in his anger and his shame
I am leaving, I am leaving,
but the fighter still remains

Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
Oh dear God I wanted you to finish that song-title with "...Before You Go-Go."

Untitled #1 (Vaka) by Sigur Rós.

The reason is that of some reason that song alone is able to get me touched so deep each time I hear it, and with an explosion of emotions in the end; rounded up by a touch where I just seem to lose all words and is left without meaning. It's like an explosion of sadness. I know it isn't healthy to listen to, but it's just so insane that one single piece of music can start such emotions in you.

That's an awesome song. One of my all-time top 20 probably.

I'd probably rate Talk by Coldplay as my all-time favorite. It's not the one I currently like the most, but it is probably the most listened-to song of my life and I still love it. If you'd ask me the greatest song, I'd say something by the lines of High Hopes by Pink Floyd, though I only discovered that song like a year ago.

My favourite song keeps changing! Which I guess defeats the purpose of the thread...

Presently, it is Nine Inch Nails - The Day the World Went Away. My love for it was rekindled by the latest Terminator trailer.

iTube

If we are talking about all time pieces of music it is Beethoven's 9th Symphony. It puts all of my feelings and emotions to music.

In the definition of a song today, it would be Bad Company's Rock and Roll Fantasy. It has a nice mix of music and chorus.

'I wanna be adored' by the Stone Roses...

sheer perfection, thats why

i prefer "i am the resurrection" - just epic progression...

my personal favourite? thats tough. possibly the happiest moment in my life was when children of bodom played "bodom beach terror", but that's just me being a crazed metal head. my actual favourite: "the lemon song" ;)

"This video is not available in your country".

That's also a big hit. :)

Top Bottom