what is your favorite unit?

wazzzuup

track $tar
What is your favorite unit?:confused:

Mine is the navy seal because it is one of the best human units and it looks BEAST

post ideas PLEASE

The Fast Worker as it is a unique unit that is never obsolete.

I second this

By the way, OP, Navy Seal is generally considered one of the lower tier UUs. IMO I think it is OK on paper, but it just comes too late in the game to be of much use. However, it's value go up quite a bit on Industrial era starts, but that is not what most judge units and buildings on. Granted, "favorite" does not necessarily imply "best" and is subjective, so I give you that.

+1 for the awesome fast worker.

Granted, "favorite" does not necessarily imply "best" and is subjective, so I give you that.

Let's abandon "best", then, which has been hammered out a thousand times; my favourite has got to be War Heffalumps (as Dwarf Fortress would have it, "for their loud trumpeting"). I grin widely whenever I start a game and see pachyderms.

Maybe not the best, but IMO Cataphracts are one of the most fun.

With 12 base strength it is almost a cuirassier that can be available much earlier, and does much better against elephants and pikes than a regular knight.

My favorite unit is the one with GG attached to it or a unit with more than 50 XP or unit which is era or two before my current enemies.

But specificaly I like great enginier/scientist unit. And also cataphrath, chokonu, carrack or war chariot.

City Raider III Riflemen - the closers... I always delay upgrading my macemen until they have CRIII (unless they are not going down that promotion path of course). Losing an irreplaceable CRIII rifleman is a heartwretching affair.

In terms of units that aren't reliant on being promoted as earlier incarnations, then Immortals, mainly because for some bizarre reason War Chariots seem to die to Axemen far more often than they ever should (probably just me but the amount of times a Barb Axeman has snuck a 99.9% victory against my War Chariots seems to vastly outnumber the amount of time sit's happened with any other unit).

Immortals are super cool. Not only are they an amazing UU, but goddamn it do they look badass with their cloaks and spears.

Nothing says "crush, kill, destroy!" Quite like Praetorians...

I really like mounted units because of their speed, so I'd say my three favorites are War Chariots, Horse Archers, and Cavalry. I'm iffy on knights and cuirs; from my experience they come at awkward points on the tech tree and I've had more success waiting for cavalry.

I must say Conquistadors, or Lymo would be disappointed ;)
Okay okay, i would vote for them without him around too :D

I really enjoy Redcoats and Ship of the Lines. I know, I know, SotLs are pretty useless, but I love sailing ships, and they're the biggest and baddest of their kind.

Speaking of sailing ships -

Privateers are my favorites, they add another dimension to the game.

So do Carracks on a Terra map. Load with Muskets and grab yourself some barb cities, then turn them into a colony once you've hooked up the luxuries. Carracks would be my second favorite.

Top Bottom