What is your football team?

I dunno, they don't show it enough in the US. I would like it a lot if it was.

I was just kidding, bro...

I know :) I also know how serious the rest of the world is about its football. Kind of like how many of us Americans are about football on Sundays in fall (or sometimes Saturdays if the preference is for the college game).

What is this??? You're not supposed to have a bunch of teams! Two, I understand, three, you're pushing it... But FIVE?!? :eek:

Hmm I am not telling that I was on match (only on Sparta - Ajax and Slavia-Shakhtar). I am not fanatic supporter. Sparta is first, other clubs I only checking on tv and internet. But I have bought Liverpools scarves(?).

A quick thought on the FA Cup final: Chelsea was far from my first choice (see my first post), but I was in Anybody But Manchester United Mode after the elimination.

Oh well, Wednesday approaches, on to Athens and number 6.

Porra, isso aqui tá ficando muito cheio de brasileiro...

Hi.

I was just passing through, checking out the stuff available on the forums, and while searching to see if anyone had done Sports Franchise as a city improvement, I came across this thread and felt a need to add.

I'm American, and as such the sport (I'll use the word futbol in a weak attempt to be inoffensive) is mainly seen as a youth activity. There are a LOT of leagues for young players, and so the sport may become popular here someday. There was a shockingly large amount of mainstream interest here for the last World Cup, and that is when I sat down and watched it for the first time. I enjoyed it, but since there's not much of a way to follow futbol leagues here (MLS has zero coverage... frankly, the Premier League gets more screen time, but noone bothers to explain to us who is who), we're probably only ever going to be able to follow the national teams.

So I rooted for the underdogs... the countries that really don't ever win that much at high-level competitions. Naturally, I thus was pulling for Trinidad & Tobago at the World Cup. I really didn't want to see the US win, though. I hoped they'd do well, but not win (and it turned out that there was nothing to worry about there). The reason why, is because if we won the World Cup, 95% of the country would look up, say "oh, that's nice", maybe laugh a bit at the rest of the world losing at the object of their passion, and then proceed directly to NFL season. I'd rather root for a team that would truly make people happy by winning.

Now, I'll finish by asking a question on topic for the forum type: has anyone attempted/is anyone attempting to craft a sports franchise system in Civ 4?

Don't you worry about the US winning the world cup, that will never, ever, ever, ever happen. Trust me, I'm not exaggerating this, you WILL see green flying pigs before that ever happens. :lol:

MLS has zero coverage... frankly, the Premier League gets more screen time, but noone bothers to explain to us who is who

I've noticed the opposite. MLS games are frequently shown on ESPN, but we only get to see good soccer once a year during the Champion's League final.

Top Bottom