1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your go-to civ that you can always win with?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Jan 29, 2019.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

My answer probably won't surprise anyone since they are top tier civs but my go-to civs that I can always win with are:
    1) Germany
    The extra production from the hansa coupled with the ability to build more districts in your cities mean that I can more quickly get science and culture districts up in all my cities. I go wide and build hansas, campuses and theater districts in all my cities. I easily run away in science and culture. In my last game, I won a culture victory just a few turns from also winning a science victory.
    2) Korea
    As the science civ, I easily run away in science in my games. I just go wide and spam the unique science district. My production lags behind but I can still get a science victory pretty easily or I leverage my science into a more advanced military and easily conquer my neighbors with units 2 eras more advanced.
    3) Rome
    The legion is awesome! Once I get a few legions and archers I go on a classical era warmongering spree. I can easily conquer everybody on my continent and then with a huge empire, I settle down for a science or culture victory.

What are your go-to civs that you can always win with?

ChocolateShake likes this.
  2. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I play on Immortal and Korea would be the Civ I feel i'd have most chance of winning with. They get a great amount of Science in every city which can be doubled with Natural Philosophy plus you qualify for the Rationalism boost.

England pre-GS was my go to Civ for a Culture victory. The British Museum was outstanding, that alone propels you forward towards victory. I say Sweden will be my new go to Civ for Culture in GS. I don't go for Religion often (matter of fact only once) but I say Russia would be my go to, they can get a very high amount of faith plus are guaranteed a Great Prophet.

3. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Nubia.

The Civs you listed might die to an AI warrior rush. Not Nubia with their super fast slinger production.

4. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

Aztec... They are so efficient to the point of boring... Strong at either peaceful or war playstyles irregardless.

You get a 27 str unit (if you settle on lux) at the beginning which makes it a lot safer against deity warrior rushes

5. Metecury

Metecury Prince

I guess every civ? I've only lost my first ever civ 6 game and some multiplayer games I do not play above emperor though.

Once you get how the game works you can pull ahead of the AI and that is without using exploits or micromanaging everything to be perfect.

The only thing that can set you back is a bad start I guess.

6. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I play on King usually, just for fun rather than being too concerned about winning, and my go to civ is therefore... Norway!

ChocolateShake and Naeshar like this.
  7. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

My go to civ is Random.

8. monstercat

monstercat Warlord

If I just want to destroy something I pick Nubia's archers. If I want to snowball in everything I pick Australia, their Campus and Holy Site yields in Mountains can be ridiculous :devil:

9. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

Whenever I want to win at Immortal or Deity I go for Korea, I can still be peaceful when playing with them and rely on my science to carry me to victory and resist invasions :)

Otherwise when I'm in the mood to try out all out war I've gone with the Mongols in the past. Looking forward to trying out the new civs and revisiting the ones I haven't played as much in GS!

10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Aztec, you can loose on deity against an early rush but Aztec, not really. Any other loss is my fault, and I do lose.

11. wige

wige Chieftain

I realise there are stronger Civs, but I keep coming back to Rome. I just love the combination of free culture, free roads and the Legion. Culture allows you to get to key civics/policys at a guaranteed pace, roads allow your units to get around empire to defend, improve and join attacks quicker and the Legion pretty much guarantees a period where you can expand by force if necessary. The bath then gives you a nice, cheap way to add an amenity where needed.

They're also, currently, the only civ I've beaten Deity with.

12. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

My easyest victory so far has been with Rome.
    I’ve played over 10 times with Russia. But i just can’t make this civ work.

13. Arent11

Arent11 King

Aztec (early eagle warrior helps stop deity rushes)
    Scythia (early +5 combat helps stop deity rushes)
    Australia (early +100% production makes deity rushes advantageous)

:)

ChocolateShake and Victoria like this.
  14. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

It will be 2020 before I have time to develop a go-to civ, longer if there's a third xpac. I only recently finished my first play throughs of each leader. :p

ChocolateShake and MrRadar like this.
  15. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

Rome. Legions are good for Classical warfare while the early monument gives a great early advantadge in culture.

16. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

Persia. Their immortals are nearly unstoppable and you'll be swimming in gold and culture thanks to the Pairdaieza. Add in the extra movement to ALL units when you declare war and it's a walk in the park. Just conquer the nearest civ or three in the classical era and then win by whichever victory suits your fancy.

17. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

"Always win"? What for? I never win with same civ more once.
    That is, i never play again with any civ I've already won with.
    (That's why I never understood all that jazz about England: I've won one game as England in vanilla and that's done)

18. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

If I have a go-to civ, its Russia. Its not really a go-to civ, I guess. But if I'm playing as Russia, or Aztecs, I feel like I'm cheating.

19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

My go-to is probably Cree, but that's because I play to play and the End Game just kind of happens (if the game goes that long). I have goals I want to do and things I want to try more than I try to win, admittedly. I have a hard time focusing on a win condition because I get sidetracked with things I want to do along the way.

agonistes likes this.
  20. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Scotland & Aztecs.