What is your go to Civ?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by GamezRule, Jul 2, 2010.

1. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

I generally use the Otts when I am moving up and such, however I also like the Babs and the Iroquois.

2. Chomper

Chomper Chieftain

I started the game as a babylon fanboy, and won many of cultural victories (on Chieftan XD) until I started playing as the Americans. I loved their consistently strong start, but when tinkering with Civ's I've yet to play as I fell in love with the French. And I always thought the commercial trait was useless.

3. Opies

Opies Warlord

French is now my go to civ now that I'm moving up in difficulty. At cheftain/warlord it was persia simply because immortals are unstoppable in AA wars, making it easy to knock off a neighbor very quickly during the REX stage

4. Mursi lives

Mursi lives Warlord

I owe Hittites both my first demigod and my first deity wins.

5. Hellfiredoom

Hellfiredoom Warlord

It's usually Celts, but playing more and more Babs. Wish I could play Sumeria, but just can't handle the restrictive UU they have.

Sorry, couldn't answer with just one. :D

6. Loki130

Loki130 I remember when...

I usually opt for germany, because scientific and military matches my strategy perfectly, but I also go for ottomans sometimes because their UU comes at such a perfect time for a few invasions

7. el_griffador

el_griffador Chieftain

Japan, for the 1 turn anarchy and horses start, and of course samuri!

8. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

Babylon or French for a deliberately peaceful game; Germany if I think I might want a little action. Greeks are good for either; their Hoplites hold up fairly well. Most of the wars I start are early medieval, anyway.

9. madviking

madviking north american scum

Maya...just for pure efficiency and growth.

Although, Byzantines were my first Monarch, Emperor and Demigod wins.

10. BuckyRea

BuckyRea Boldly Going

Russkies or Persians, usually. I'm determined to get there with a scientific civ. My results don't bear out my theories, but that's probably cause I'm so bad at the game.

11. Pacioli

Pacioli Prince

Currently, the Celts. Before finding CFC, I played as the Japanese and Scandinavia quite often.

12. Diviner

Diviner Prince

Iroquois, Netherlands. I am very greedy and I like strong UU-s.

13. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

My first DG win was with the Ottomans, but I usually go with an aggie like the Maya, Iroquois or Sumeria when I break new ground.

14. Opies

Opies Warlord

I said french earlier, but it has become the Iroquois. I won my first emp game with them, and right now I'm playing my first DG game with em. Mounted Warriors are just fantastic for ancient age protection and skirmishes, and agri/com is such a great trait combo, both for building empires, and because you start with alphabet + pottery, which IMO are the two best techs to start with.

15. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

Maya. I just think they're one of the strongest Civs. I personally like the French, but think the Maya are better. Iriquois are also very good.

16. Kaidonni

Kaidonni Chieftain

I like America. I *have* to pick an Industrious civilisation, can't live without the quick tile improvement, and I also like the Expansionist trait. Quicker exploration and no hostile minor barbarians (can get some great goody huts).

17. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

The Greeks have pikemen from the go and enhanced scientific research.
    Babylon, very strong culture+research combo, no anarchy, plus, the Bowman is quite versatile. Can take out spearmen, archers, chariots, horsemen, etc. etc.
    The Maya are very efficient and productive and the enslaved workers are almost as good as normal ones.
    Egypt is pretty good too. Chariots are fearsome in the early game.
    The Arabs' cavalry is quite scary, and you can just send out a beater or two and hog a lot of early techs, if you add to that the fact that you can change governments very quickly then you can get ahead on the tech race quite fast.

18. kulade

kulade Deity

I feel guilty for saying the Maya, but they really are always on top. I mean come on, it's one thing to give a civ the best two traits, but a UU that can enslave as well?

19. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

I have several "go to " civs. For standard, continents or pangaea maps, in no particular order: Maya, Iroquois, Chinese. For arch maps, Byzantines or Dutch.

20. itripinchairs

itripinchairs Chieftain

Mine is typically Persia. UU's are scientific and industrious. A good combination if you ask me. Aside from that, they're fun to play as, but not to play against