1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your latest deity win turn/date?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by bryanw1995, May 23, 2011.

1. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

I'm curious about how long it typically takes people to win a deity game. I had to reinstall a few weeks ago and lost all my old deity wins, but on my current list turn 220 on standard speed is my latest win. From what I've seen anything much over turn 250 usually leads to some scrawny AI squeaking out a cultural win, but I'm curious what you guys have experienced personally.

Interestingly, my FASTEST immortal win is turn 220 as well.

2. vexing

vexing knows

500 (2050ad)

3. Im_An_Eejit

Im_An_Eejit Chieftain

2003 on marathon, don't really know any specific tactics so is simply was a go with the flow game.

4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

you may want to be more specific.

'latest' on duel maps could be 0AD. 'latest' on a marathon/huge game is going to be much later than that.

5. snarzberry

snarzberry Emperor

Standard standard when I get deity wins it's normally in the 250 - 300 range. Last was space race 290ish.

6. Drachen

Drachen Chieftain

7. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Good Point.

Standard Speed or slower. Standard sized map or larger. Obviously conquests can be much faster, but getting a 200 turn science win post-patch seems nearly impossible. BTW, I checked my scores, it was turn 230 for an immortal win, not turn 220. And it was turn 282 for deity science win. I had earlier wins pre-patch but those seem pointless to discuss now anyway.

8. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

ok,

for 'standard/standard', generally a win in the 250-300 range should be the 'latest' *. Though, if you've crippled enough AIs, you can go a bit later without worry.

Earliest - depends on the VC. I'm not sure that sub-200, on standard/standard is "easy" ** anymore. Sub 225 should still be normally attainable.

* except when doing time VCs for the HoF ;)
    ** Constant rerolling of maps/choosing opponents/specific map choice to hamper AIs/Skilldorado/double culture ruin games aside.

9. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Yeah, I was wrong, turn 250-300 is typically do-able. It does greatly depend upon the map/warmonger conditions as well, however. Heck, I had a turn 317 immortal standard/standard victory a couple weeks ago (but post-patch) in which I had a huge lead and was #1 in every metric except happiness from about turn 200 on, but that was on a pangea map with tons of fighting going on constantly.

10. Deau

Deau Emperor

turn 229 diplo win as hiawatha on great plains standard/standard map. My fastest deity win since .275. I def could've done faster if I played better RAs and went for diplo from the start.

I still think diplo is almost a cheat compared to other victory types in terms of turns though...

I'm usually happy if I can get dom/science in the 250-300 range.

*edit excepted maybe keshik rush dom game that can be competitive/faster than other means of victory for standard/standard