What is your preferred map size and speed?

henyo10

Warlord
I've been using large map with marathon speed and so far the map size is satisfactory for me but I noticed that marathon is much slower than the vanilla game or maybe they're just the same?

Anyway, would like to know people's opinions on what their preferrred setup is for VP?

Huge Tectonic (which is huger than standard huge), epic, emperor, 18-22 AIs, 18 CSs.

A couple of years ago someone made a very detailed poll (on some external service - maybe Google Docs?) and about 150 VP players participated. It was very detailed and the results were very well presented. I wonder what keywords to use to retrieve it. I think majority played standard speed closely followed by epic. Size was standard, then larger sizes and then smaller ones.

Epic, Huge, around 22 AIs, modified communitas map (mostly to fix rivers and watershed), King or Emperor.

Modified quick speed (buildings 50%, units and science 100% cost), small/standard great plains, donut or lakes. If I play on small I'll add another civ. I also start in the classical era

Communitu_79a v1.16.1 all Standard settings + Strategic Balance

Standard, Standard. I'd like to play Epic speed but don't have the time.

Top Bottom