1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of Civ player are you?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by IvoryPavane, Feb 12, 2019 at 5:18 AM.

1. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

Morning all!

In anticipation of Gathering Storm, I thought I’d share something I made up for my friends for Rise and Fall launch, and I’ve updated now!

Just a few different types of Civ players and do you think any of them seem like they could be you? (Just a bit of fun!)

I’m definitely “The Plague”, I want all the cities and all the continents haha :)

Feel free to suggest any I’ve missed!

The Dominator
    Some wo/men just want to watch the world burn
    Plays Civ for: World Domination
    Likely to play: Gilgamesh "Putting the heart in War Cart"

The Builder
    Excelsior! If I put the Government Plaza here, all my adjacency bonuses will come true!
    Plays Civ for: Empire building, "Sim Civvy"
    Likely to play: Japan "Bougie restoration"

The CookieCutta
    What's the point of playing if I don't win?
    Plays Civ for: Winning, at any cost
    Likely to play: Korea "I'm surrounded by mountains boi, untouchable, Hwacha gonna do? Seowon I did there?"

The Hipster
    I played Georgia, BEFORE she got her Diplo buffs
    Plays Civ for: Winning with a Civ percieved to have a handicap
    Likely to play: Georgia "Yeah, she got a few buffs but she's still pretty Tshike"

The Plague
    "What's the land over there?" "It's snow and snow hills, there are no yields your grace" "Do I see turtles there?" "Yes...bu" "Let's go!"
    Plays Civ for: A wide, sprawling empire spanning all contintents
    Likely to play: Phonecia (to the tune of "White Flag") "You will go down with this ship, so put your hands up and accept my settler"

The Stout
    Just give me a terrace farm and Pingala, and leave me be
    Plays Civ for: Building a few, select, elite powerful cities
    Likely to play: Inca "Chilling in my populous metropolis with my main dude Pac-Man"

The Buff
    Yes Geoff, we get it. The history of the Stepwell is fascinating but please pop off Civlopeida for a second and take your GODDAMN TURN.
    Plays Civ for: Roleplaying Civs
    Likely to play: All of them, but especially loves True Earth with a European Civ

The personality
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas kwheen Cleo, slay those Civs with your sickening plagues hunty
    Plays Civ for: The leaders unique personalities, animations and flavour
    Likely to play: Cleopatra "Come through Mama IteRu"

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The Mechanic
    Really? Why would you spend 300 production getting something that gives you 6 per turn?
    Plays civs for: Understanding their value
    Likely to play: Bad civs as they are the challenge for understanding how to make the most of what you have.

3. Kibikus

Kibikus Chieftain

I guess I'm a blend of The Builder, The Stout and The CookieCutta.

I like to grow and develop my cities, I like the puzzle of planning all my improvements and districts, I don't like having a bunch of pop 7 cities all over the place, I don't like having unimproved tiles. At the same time, I always play to win at least at a decent pace, but not to a min-maxing extent. I also like to utilize my civ's abilities as much as possible.

treadwin and IvoryPavane like this.
  4. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

All of the above. :D Really.

Siptah and IvoryPavane like this.
  5. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

Hybrid

Just build a library, quickly develop swordsmen & grab the nearby town
    Plays Civ for: Loves science, libraries & universities, likes cheap and quickly produced armies. Expands when advantageous, builds when advantageous.
    Likely to play: Gilgamesh, ziggurats + warcarts, Scythia, cheap horsemen, Rome, culture + legions

6. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

I may be de Hipster in your ranking, perhaps a Builder as well. I like the "weaker" civs and building sand castles on my playground.
    You should consider making this thread a poll.

7. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I'm a mix between the Builder, Plague and Personality. I build loads of cities but I like them to all be decent cities, unless I am trying to grab a resource or Natural Wonder. I'm a sandboxy sort of player; don't play to win at all and have a ton of games I quit because I just got bored of them (for me the first 100 turns are the best bit). Oh, and I build too many Wonders. Maybe The Wonder Spammer needs to be added?

I don't mostly play as anyone as I tend to play each Civ once or twice at most. I like variety. Civs I have enjoyed most are Rome, China, France, Khmer, Norway (weirdly!), Cree, Scotland. From GS I am most looking forward to Eleanor and Phoenicia.

I have literally never, not once, played as Japan though!

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Pretty much for me, though I'm not so much The Stout. That seems to imply tall play. But I do like to get size 20+ cities. As for The Dominator, only certain games do I go domination. I mostly do limited early warfare or none at all.

Stilgar08 and IvoryPavane like this.
  9. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

Absolutely, Wonder Spammer is defo one :)

I’ve deliberately avoided a poll so everyone can add their own too. That’s the best bit!

How about..

The Wonder
    #onemorewonder
    Plays Civ for: owning all the wonders of the world in glorious looking cities

Likely to play: China “Build a Great Wall, make China great again”

10. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

I'm a policy card addict. I'd play immortal instead of deity just to get enough breathing room to snatch forbidden palace , big ben , throw in the castle and potato palace for good measure. Just about everytime.

11. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

The Wordbearer
    Get a load of this heretic.
    Plays Civ for: Spreading the one true faith.
    Likely to play: Arabia "Ayyubid on getting a religion, but I had the Last Prophet motive."

12. KayAU

KayAU Chieftain

I guess I lean mostly towards The Builder, although I really like the idea of The Stout. Unfortunately, having a few, powerful cities isn't so much a thing in Civ 6.

IvoryPavane likes this.
  13. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Chieftain

Stout builder with a touch of (early game) Dom, and doubt that the others even exist.

14. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Achievement greedy
    Plays for
    : that's said.Though, I was of this type even before they invented achievements.
    Likely to play: each and every civ in more or less random order.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Probably a cross between Builder and Roleplayer.

ChocolateShake and IvoryPavane like this.
  16. Ziad

Ziad Warlord

Builder/Roleplayer

ChocolateShake and IvoryPavane like this.
  17. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Chieftain

You vill become part of my empire.

or, "All your base are belong to us" (me)
    :p

18. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Builder/Roleplayer and a bit of plague

ChocolateShake likes this.
  19. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

The MicroManager

Ah, one more building… one more district… one more unit move… one more city to check

Play Civ for: Exploring every aspect of the game, never letting the game automate anything, making micro decision every turn in every city

Likely to play: Any Civ really… but on huge maps, not very dom or religious vicroty oriented, as that becomes too tedious even for us, and lots of cities

Likely NOT to play: Multiplayer, as each turn is played so slowly we'd become public enemy number 1

ChocolateShake, Victoria and CPWimmer like this.
  20. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

Builder/Hipster/Buff.

Except I don't pick a European civ. I try to play an Asian or African civ with modded-in alternative leaders.

If I had to pick one, it's the builder. I'm all about laying out pins for every one of my districts.

IvoryPavane likes this.