What kind of news triggers your rage fastest?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hygro, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

For me it is always malfeasance. The abuse of trusted and formal power enrages me faster than anything else I could read.

I suppose the distant second is extreme stupidity.

2. Samson

Samson Deity

The impunity with which states use violence against the underrepresented groups. The US and Israel do it most frequently, mostly because I feel they could do better than Russia and China.

3. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

We air our dirty laundry, skid marks and all. Take a swing at it.

The less you know the cleaner it looks, I'd bet.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

I don't really get angry. But what upsets me most is random violence. Like if someone gets pushed in front of a train, or a homeless person gets beaten up. It's so random, that you can't even think of any possible justification.
    Relationship violence, gang violence, anything else doesn't bother me in the same way.

5. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Gang rape cases of children in India. Its strange that someone would join raping of child, but making from it group activity... then trying to burn child and be protected by local mayor and other villagers.. I am still not sure if these are fabrications to enrage normal people or real horror stories.

6. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Whataboutism like this.

To be clear, I meant news like this. Plenty of countries like to divert attention from their own messes by claiming this kind of junk.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    aelf, haroon, Kyriakos and 1 other person like this.
  7. amadeus

amadeus Nilknarf!

I guess anything to do with Joe Rogan, or Gateway Alex Jones.

8. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Creator

Is Alex still having a radio show?
    Prior to Trump he was at times good entertainment, but it was obvious he would become much worse very fast, and he did just that.

9. stinkubus

stinkubus Emperor

Seeing has how he lost his Sandy Hook lawsuits, by refusing to even contest them, I'd hope so. How else would he pay the judgements against him?

10. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

When politicians lie to people and think we're too stupid to know they're lying.

GenMarshall and Samson like this.
  11. haroon

haroon Deity

Not at the level of China, but they are not as generous and transparent as that also regarding their dirty laundries. Like, it really surprise me very much when knowing a DEA agent like Kiki Camarena was ordered to kidnap and interrogated by Guadalajara cartel by CIA, well they don't plan or ordered his death, that's the fault of the cartel, but they wanted how far Kiki knew about their dirty laundry, the new documentary detailed with data and voice-record and presented by an ex-DEA agent.

I mean after that I'm almost convinced that US is able to commit almost anything especially when it is committed outside of their border.

Gorbles likes this.
  12. stinkubus

stinkubus Emperor

Almost convinced? Just look at Vietnam. The body count ended up greater than the Holocaust and the invasion was completely unprovoked.

haroon likes this.
  13. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Think you're over exaggerating there.

Not sure you can claim invasion either they weren't allowed too invade North Vietnam.

amadeus likes this.
  14. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

Trouble with documentaries:

“the Show masquerades as a factual documentary, but in reality, it aims to capitalize on Camarena’s tragic murder by scandalizing it for profit and for entertainment value.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/james-kuykendall-lawsuit-amazon-the-last-narc-1234868193/

15. haroon

haroon Deity

I mean to call this documentary conspiracy and big lies is actually not a surprising move isn't it? I mean what else can they do? definitely not "we admit, we are in wrong, that's actually what happened, sorry guys".

Nevertheless this is also not the first atrocities that the US put their hand into when it comes outside of their border. The Indonesian 66 genocide, Vietnam, how about a million of people that died in Iraq, Afghanistan, prison complex that devised with inhumane torture, I mean this just fit the pattern really well.

16. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

So because those other events happened, they are guilty of whatever other crimes people want to accuse them of?

"Somebody put it in a book/documentary therefore it must be true!" NOT.
    (I don't mean it is automatically not true, either).

17. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I don't think anybody said something therefore must be true. I mean, @Bamspeedy, you're kinda making the same mistake. You're providing one instance of a flawed documentary as evidence of "trouble with documentaries" (generally).

aelf and haroon like this.
  18. haroon

haroon Deity

Nope never said that. It's just it takes a lot more for me to believe it is fake than just someone called it fake, which is inevitable, to directly believe in that means I somewhat anticipate someone to call it fake to negate whatever assertion that comes with that documentary. The last one, either that documentary is true or fake that doesn't obliterate how US acts anyway their wish outside of their border, either this documentary strengthens the pattern or not, the pattern is already there, it does not start with this documentary nor it would be negated without this documentary.

That's all Bamspeedy, very simple.

19. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

I dunno, I mostly feel distraught when reading news

embraced hopelessness or whatever

20. aelf

aelf Ashen One

Same for me. Well, this might be an ancillary issue, but sock puppets trigger me the most when it comes to news. Accompanying news of malfeasance, for example, there's almost always going to be some trying to white knight. The worst are those who don't even have real names and faces.

Hygro likes this.