What Kinds of Creatures should be in FfH in more detail (if possible)?

What sorts of creatures would you like to see more of?

• Giants (Fire, Cloud, Storm etc)

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Dragons (remember they're supposed to be rare)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Legends (Cyclopes, Harpies, Gorgons, Hydra, Titans)

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Undead (Zombies and skelitons, wraith, banshee, etc)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Flying creatures (Whatever you can imagine)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Insert your idea here)

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

QES

Court Jester
This thread is a poll (i've come to like polls as i learn things about people), about what creatures we'd like to see more of in FfH. This is NOT to imply they SHOULD be implemented, but generally just a thread about what forms of Myth we enjoy, and perhaps where some of the monster-lines could be flushed out. Some or all of these simply may be interesting barbarian units for the future. It's an open discussion.

I'd like to see wild elementals pop up : o
fire elementals in hell, water elementals in the water, earth on land and air everywhere...
perhaps with the building of a late game armageddon wonder and spawning randomly

eerr said:
I'd like to see wild elementals pop up : o
fire elementals in hell, water elementals in the water, earth on land and air everywhere...
perhaps with the building of a late game armageddon wonder and spawning randomly

Ooo this is a sexy idea. Maybe the wonder/condition would also tie it into religions and improvements?
The more mines in the world, the more random wild Earth Elementals? The more forges, and cities in the world, the more fire elementals? The more farms and worked "Sea zones" the more water? And perhaps air would be a wild card that would'nt be tied to a particular issue.

Also, Shadow elementals (if added) occur more around ashen vale cities), Earth Elementals around Runes, perhaps Water around OO cities, Leaves and Order I'm unsure about. Air for leaves, Fire for Order? Vice versa?

Just interesting.
-Qes

I'd say probably Fire for Order (the holy flame that burns all corruption before it), Air for Leaves (the breath of life). If that was to be implemented, of course.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some summons show up as barbarians in the later game. In fact, if these had restrictions similar to the Law Bringer (which only attacks evil Civs), then you might find Einherjar wandering around Order lands benevolently while killing any Veil units in their path.

I'd also like to see more naval/amphibious barbs. I don't know if lizardmen were quite right for the niche, but I would certainly like to see some wild Krakens or somesuch.

I think these are all good ideas.

I mentioned in another thread that it would be nice if the barbarians could all be one 'race' or you could say, type of creatures.

Now you have the Lizard folk and they are cool, but then things get strange as you have an assortment of orcs, humans that are supposed to be orcs (orc crossbowmen, chariots, etc.), and stuff like Lunatics, the OO units.

I suggested that you stay with the Lizardman theme and make all the barbarians reptiles/amphibians. You could have frogs/toads, salamanders, snakes, turtles, crocs, gators, gila monsters, Komodos...you get the idea.

Or, maybe I enjoyed "Snakes on a Plane" just a little too much. :crazyeye:

If not reptiles, make all the barbs insects/crustaceans. Again, you could come up with some great fantastic creatures using these as your basis for development.

PS. Now that we have Moe, Larry, and Curley, we just gotta get us a Laurel and Hardy. :lol:

Anything but flying or sea based. I don't think Civ4 handles either very well.

Sarisin said:
PS. Now that we have Moe, Larry, and Curley, we just gotta get us a Laurel and Hardy. :lol:

Absolutly, For a pair of monsterous creature types, i think Laurel and Hardy need to be an Ettin.

Good ideas, everone.
-Qes

Ooooh, how about having different races of barbarians with different units - so you might come across an Orcish barbarian city or a human one, or even one populated by Lizardmen or Undead. It might mean adding a few "duplicate" units (warrior, archer etc) but each could have some different flavour and there could be more interesting units for each (like the current Lizardmen and Worg Riders).

EDIT: Fancy the chance to fight an Ettin and target its heads individually? Try Adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress - I attacked a creature and got messages about its "right head" being grabbed by my Wrestler buddy, thought it was a bug for a few minutes until I clicked it was an Ettin, then grinned about it for 10 minutes or something :)

Oh, there's a really good Dungeon Keeper-y management/strategy game with incredible depth there, too :)

I don't like dragons or giant just because they take too much place on screen :D

And my favorite creatures are those from Antiquity myth (greek, egyptian, babylonian, etc.). This guys had a lot of imagination with their unicorn, hydra, chimera and other strange beasts I don't know english name :)

Well, i love the mithril golem and it is good that it only could be created in holy city.

But the sad is that you should make a sort of wery powerful hero in holy cities
like an giant opticus that has promotion water walking(swimming)req.water mana for overlords

and for the tree people could have a migthy treeent req. nat mana

the ashen weil has alredy one:meshaber of dis but i think its best to change that to holy cities only.

and lastly real the order, who? shall junil come down and help? A demon slayer thats mighty?

And the black sheep COTD for Sheiam and kuriotates a deam big gold dragon?

Whatever I love allmighty heroes!!

I would love if the Octopus Overlords could - as some kind of Apocalypse spell - summon up an Elder God.

It starts in the middle of the oceanand can never move onto land. A movement stat, but no strength. It is unattackable, unassailable. The graphic shows an impossible large shadow just under the water. Any aqautic unit it attacks simply shows an articulate limb, perhaps a tentacle, dragging it under water. There is no combat. When it attacks port cities, there is no combat, just a razed city and a report that the entire population went insane and burned everything down before killing themselves. There is no combat.

After a certain time (dependant on map size, say seventy five or one hundred turns on normal and scale up from there) the Elder God returns back to sleep in the depths of some oceanic trench. While it is active there is a huge increase in the 'infection rate' of the OO, said benefit which fades after the god leaves, and a massive diplomatic hit is provided to the civ that summoned up their foul god.

It's an idea that I consider about as playable as a brick to the face in a normal SP/ MP game, but imagine a scenario set on an archipelago map where you have to struggle just to survive due to entirely unwarrented social predjudice untill the day when your god returns...

It's also possible that (for flavour reasons) the God is not under your control. Instead when it arrives it demands to know who are you greatest enemies (pick a civ) and those bastards get preferential treatment from the AI script.

would love to see more undead units

Undead. There's not enough of them in the mod if you ask me (The Drown, a few summons, Diseased Corpses... are there any others ?). I feel more "mythological" creatures would be cool in most fantasy mods, but wouldn't fit well with the dark ambiance of FFH. I don't know... White Shining Pure Unicorns just seem out of place.

There are Liches, but we really need Undead heroes... lots of them. Corpses here, corpses there, corpses everywhere!

I voted legends, but it is not really urgent to have them now, as many monsters are comming in shadow/ice, and we still wait for fire. So patience is a virtue now...

TheJopa said:
I voted legends, but it is not really urgent to have them now, as many monsters are comming in shadow/ice, and we still wait for fire. So patience is a virtue now...

I agree, this was more of a curiosity of mine to know what people enjoy in a Fantasy Setting Strategy Game. I dont expect the development team to even pay attention to this thread, this was more for us, the players.

The FfH team does a fantastic job, and im happy to gobble up whatever they throw our way - its just nice to dream sometimes :).
-Qes

harpies would be fun to have... all though i don't know where they would fit (we don't have a bird civ)

Civkid1991 said:
harpies would be fun to have... all though i don't know where they would fit (we don't have a bird civ)
perhaps there could be a bird civ that has lots of slightly weaker units that ignore/halve city defences because of hop/flurrie(not a true ability to fly, but can leap and glide to a certain extent)
the ranger line would of course get a bonus for attacking from mountains as well...

Top Bottom