What leaders and/or nations do you want in Civilization VII?

Caesar of Bread

No explanation needed.
Please list your desired nations and leaders below.

For me, it would be:
1. America - Theodore Roosevelt/MLK Jr./John F. Kennedy
2. Rome - Hadrian/Augustus/Marcus Aurelius
3. China - Yongle/Wu Zetian/Zhang Zhongchang or one of the Han emperors. Maybe Taizu of Song or Tang Taizong.
4. Greece - Alexander/Leonidas/Pericles (I go to an Orthodox school)
5. Egypt - Hatshepsut/Ramses II/Cleopatra or Thutmose III
6. India - Chandragupta (or Chandra Gupta)/Akbar/Gandhi (because we ALWAYS have to have him because of some nuclear tradition)
7. Ethiopia - Menelik II
8. Maya - Lady Six Sky/Pacal
9. Israel - David
10. England - Henry V/Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II, or Victoria/One of the three previously mentioned or Henry VIII (Song has to be Henry VIII, I Am. Why not?)
11. France - Henry IV/Phillip Augustus
12. Inca - Pachacuti/Topa Yuanqui
13. Germany - Frederick II (either of Prussia or the HRE)/Otto (Otto I or Von Bismarck)
14. Babylon - Hammurabi
15. Japan - Tokugawa Ieyasu (or Oda Nobunaga or Toyotomi Hideyoshi. I just finished Age of Samurai: Battle For Japan on Netflix)/Hojo Masako
16. Ottomans - Suleiman I (or Roxelana)/Abdulcemid (or Selim I)
17. Byzantines - Justinian (or Theodora)/Basil II (or John II Kommenos or Alexios Kommenos)
18. Persia - Khosrau/Cyrus
19. Maori - Kupe/Hongi Hika
20. Sumeria - Gilgamesh (not Gilgabro though)
21. Russia - Alexander Nevsky/Elizabeth (or Catherine II)
22. Poland - Sigismund II/Casmir III
23. Sweden - Kristina/Gustav Vasa
24. Denmark - Margaret I/Canute the Great
25. Tonga - Momo or Aho'eitu
26. Mali - Mansa Musa
27. Mongolia - Sorghanati Bekhani/Genghis Khan
28. South Africa - Nelson Mandela (one of my best friends met Nelson Mandela)
29. Spain - Isabella/Phillip III
30. Brazil - Pedro II/Juscelino Kubitsech
31. Arabia - Harun Al-Rashid
32. Pueblo - Pope (or Dine under Barbonicito)
33. Iroquois - Joseph Bradnt/Jinhongasee
34. Ndongo - Ana Nzinga
35. Portugal - Joao III/Henry the Navagator
36. Musica - Nemenque
37. Gaul - Vercingitorix
38. Finland - C.G.E. Mannerheim/Urho Kekkonin
39. Khmer - Jayavarman VII
40. Burma - Bayinnuang
41. Majapahit - Gitarja
42. Netherlands - Wilhelmina/William I
43. Timurids - Timur (I want the Cumans or Khazars but don't know any leaders)
44. Phoenicia - Dido/Hiram II
45. Korea - Sejong/Seondeok
46. Assyria - Ashurbanipal
47. Mutapa - Nyatsimba Mutota
48. Chola - Raja Raja Chola
49. Haiti - Toussant L'Overture (Henri Christophe...)
50. Australia - Henry Parkes or John Curtin
51. Tlingit - Katitlan
52. Bohemia - George of Podebrady/Charles IV
53. Tibet - Songsten Gampo
54. Vietnam - Trung Nhi
55. Texas - Sam Houston/Mirabeau Lamar (The Yellow Rose of Texas should be song)
56. Mapuche - Lautaro
57. Chile - Salvador Allende (Or Argentina under Evita Peron)
58. Inuit - Ekhenuechek
59. Yakuts - Tygyn Darkhan
60. Aram - Zenobia
61. Hittites - Puduhepa
62. Urartu - Tiridates III
63. Ashanti - Yaa Asantewaa
64. Madagascar - Ranavalona? (King Julian could also be a leader - We love you King Julian!)
65. Aztecs - Nezahualcóyotl (No more military Aztecs! Sorry for holding them off)
66. Afghanistan - Ahmed Shah Durrani
67. Venice - Enrico Dandolo
68. Sealand - Roy Bates (Taking the one city civ to a whole new level!)
69. Ohio - William Henry Harrison (or) Amish - "Weird Al" Yankovic [can't win science victory]
Edit: adding more civs

Last edited:
Pueblo - Pope
They already tried this for Civ5; the Tewa said no.

Arabia - Harun Al-Rashid/Zenobia (is that okay?)
Zenobia wasn't an Arab. She should lead a civ that's either called Aram or Syria, which is something I would love to see happen.

44. Phoenicia - Dido/Hiram II
45. Carthage - Hannibal Barca
Even as a Canaanophile, we don't need Phoenicia and Carthage as separate civs. That would be like having England and Australia as separate civs. :shifty:

Sumeria - Gilgamesh (not Gilgabro though)
Sumeria has dozens of great leader choices, from Gudea to Sargon of Akkad to Ur-Nammu to Kugbau to gardener-turned-king Enlil-bani. There's no need for Gilgamesh.

Anyway, non-exhaustive, a few of my hopes:
Henri IV for France
Rudolf II for Germany
No Gandhi or Shaka--bonus points for no Moteuczoma
Sennacherib or Esarhaddon for Assyria (culture/builder focused please and thank you)
Alexios I Komnenos for Byzantium
Sigismund II Augustus for Poland
George of Podebrady for Bohemia
Shakes I for Tlingit
Pushmataha of Choctaw
Tiridates III of Armenia

They already tried this for Civ5; the Tewa said no.

Zenobia wasn't an Arab. She should lead a civ that's either called Aram or Syria, which is something I would love to see happen.

Even as a Canaanophile, we don't need Phoenicia and Carthage as separate civs. That would be like having England and Australia as separate civs. :shifty:

Sumeria has dozens of great leader choices, from Gudea to Sargon of Akkad to Ur-Nammu to Kugbau to gardener-turned-king Enlil-bani. There's no need for Gilgamesh.

Anyway, non-exhaustive, a few of my hopes:
Henri IV for France
Rudolf II for Germany
No Gandhi or Shaka--bonus points for no Moteuczoma
Sennacherib or Esarhaddon for Assyria (culture/builder focused please and thank you)
Alexios I Komnenos for Byzantium
Sigismund II Augustus for Poland
George of Podebrady for Bohemia
Shakes I for Tlingit
Pushmataha of Choctaw
Tiridates III of Armenia
Oh. Well, I would love for the Pueblo to be a civ (I have been to some of their villages, and studied their culture intensively a couple of years ago).
Thanks. Zenobia is one of my favorite female queens.
See no. 51...
Gudea could be cool. I chose Gilgamesh because he could have redemption in Civ 7.

now, my choices for your hopes:
Henry IV - let's go! He is my favorite French king (I have Huguenot French ancestry)
Rudolf II - seems cool. If there is a magic-based mode in Civ 7, I want Germany to have an alchemy-based system (Fullmetal Alchemist...)
Sennacherib/Esarhaddon - I remember you saying you wanted to be Assyria in my IOT game and I can see these two in a civ game.
Alexios Komnenos - I really like Alexios Komnenos. He is my second choice for the Byzantines (behind Justinian).
Sigismund II - nice, I also added him.
George of Podebrady - I really want Bohemia (under Charles IV or Jan Hus, I know only those two. Maybe a broken window 😆), as I am Czech (my dad's side of my heritage is a hosh-posh of European ethnicities with maybe Pennsylvania native blood. Maybe)
Shakes I - I love the Pacific Northwest, so that would be cool
Pushmata - I love Native civs (that is why I added Pueblo and Iroquois/Haudenosaunee)
Tiridates III - Armenia should replace Georgia, and I want him for an Urartu-Armenia spot (the Caucasus niche needs to be filled up).

I'm signing up for Zaarin's list, with the ammendment that I would also accept Richelieu for France (but still prefer Henri;. You want memorable personality, you can't top the historical master mastermind who incidentally doubles as one of the greatest and most memorable vilain/antivilain in all of literature (and cinema).

I'll also throw my support to Yelizaveta (using that spelling to avoid name overlap with England) and Hojo Masako whom I know are frequent Zaarin suggestions as two more I'd really like to see,

I'm signing up for Zaarin's list, with the ammendment that I would also accept Richelieu for France (but still prefer Henri;. You want memorable personality, you can't top the historical master mastermind who incidentally doubles as one of the greatest and most memorable vilain/antivilain in all of literature (and cinema).

I'll also throw my support to Yelizaveta (using that spelling to avoid name overlap with England) and Hojo Masako whom I know are frequent Zaarin suggestions as two more I'd really like to see,
"All for one and one for all!"

Yelizaveta and Hojo Masako seem cool (how do you be a nun shogun if you are a mother/wife?) Yelisiveta is my 2nd choice for Russia (behind Alexander Nevsky, that's because A) we share the same first name B) Sergei Einstein's film C) He's the opposite of Catherine/Peter).

See no. 51...
I saw. Honestly, Australia as a separate civ may be my biggest complaint about Civ6. It's so wantonly indulgent I can't even. We don't need every postcolonial nation in the world, certainly not every English-speaking postcolonial nation in the world. (I don't need any--I'd even cut the US--but reasonably we can stop at USA + Brazil + a Spanish-speaking civ. I'm open to a Francophone New France-centered Canada...which is not the Canada we actually got.)

I'll also throw my support to Yelizaveta (using that spelling to avoid name overlap with England)
Now that a Rus' flavored Russia seems very unlikely, Yelizaveta is my top choice for Russia. As much as I'd like to not see another Enlightenment ruler for Russia...at least she's not Peter or Catherine again, plus she was a solid ruler in her own right.

how do you be a nun shogun if you are a mother/wife?
Buddhist monks/nuns aren't always celibate.

Sigismund II - nice, I also added him.
I'd really like to see Poland focused on religious and ethnic tolerance in Civ7. For a brief, shining moment in the 16th century, there was one place in Catholic Europe where it was safe to be Jewish or Orthodox or Greek Catholic or Reformed or Nontrinitarian, where the nobility convinced themselves that they were Alans and made friends with Turkic Cumans and Ottomans, and where the power of the assembly eclipsed the power of the king. Then Sigismund died, the Jesuits moved in, and Poland became arch-Catholic, but I still think that brief moment is worth building a civ around.

George of Podebrady - I really want Bohemia (under Charles IV or Jan Hus, I know only those two. Maybe a broken window 😆), as I am Czech (my dad's side of my heritage is a hosh-posh of European ethnicities with maybe Pennsylvania native blood. Maybe)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance got me, like many people, interested in Bohemia, and during my master's I wrote a paper on the Medieval roots of the Hussite movement. George of Podebrady is my choice of ruler because he was the only Hussite to actually rule Bohemia. By the time you get to the third defenestration of Prague, you'd really think the pope would stop sending legates to Prague...or that the legates would stop accepting invitations upstairs...

Tiridates III - Armenia should replace Georgia, and I want him for an Urartu-Armenia spot (the Caucasus niche needs to be filled up).
I mean, if we could get Urartu (or Hurria), I would be insanely excited. But we're not going to get Urartu (or Hurria or Elam :( ) so I will accept Armenia as a consolation prize. I'm glad we memed Tamar into Civ6, but of the two major Late Classical/Medieval Caucasian kingdoms I think Armenia is the more interesting.

I'd love to see Emperor Meiji for the Japanese, for a leader to break the Samurai cliche, and one who significantly interacted with other nations (and often with a degree of success that surprised those other powers).

I'd love to see Emperor Meiji for the Japanese, for a leader to break the Samurai cliche, and one who significantly interacted with other nations (and often with a degree of success that surprised those other powers).
Japanese lèse-majesté laws would prevent that. I think just breaking from the perpetual Sengoku Jidai/Tokugawa Shogunate leaders is already a huge improvement. Kamakura-era Hōjō Tokimune was a very pleasant surprise.

Here's a list of civs I want, with potential leaders.

1. America-Thomas Jefferson (last president not in the game that was on Mt. Rushmore)
2. China- Han Wudi/Wu Zetian (never have had a leader from the Han, and well Wu is always a good choice)
3. Egypt- Akhenaten (make Egypt a religious/infrastructure civ)
4. England-Elizabeth I/Alfred the Great (Elizabeth is a staple and Alfred the Great leading an Anglo-Saxon England would be an interesting twist
5. France-Louis XIV (Need I say more?)
6. Germany-Frederick the Great (having a more culture/science-oriented Germany right off the bat)
7. Greece-Alexander/Pericles (Bring Alexander back as the militaristic version of Greece
8. Rome- Hadrian (I don't have strong feelings towards him, or any particular Roman leader, but he's never been in and one of the "good" emperors. Plus, all the great leaders build walls.) :shifty:
7. Russia-Catherine the Great
8. India-Ashoka/Gandhi (I don't mind Gandhi recurring as long as we have another leader too. My preference would be Ashoka.
9. Japan-Tokugawa Ieyasu (I love the isolationist playstyle and that would still work for me in Civ 7)
10. Arabia- Saladin/Harun-al-Rashid (I wouldn't mind Saladin returning again but give the science bonuses to another leader this time like Harun)
11. Persia- Cyrus (I like Achaemenid Persia, so I would at least want Cyrus back portrayed not as a backstabber. I don't have a preference for any other leader but would welcome a later one as well.)
12. Mongolia- Genghis Khan/Kublai Khan) Genghis is a staple but Kublai Khan is also good)
13. Aztec- Montezuma I (not the second)
14. Spain- Isabella/Phillip II (Both fulfill the same niche of religious colonization, so it doesn't really matter, but I guess I'd go with Isabella because Phillip just got in.)
15. Babylon-Hammurabi (I want a good portrayal of him after Civ 6)
16. Zulu- Shaka (unless they want to go all diplomatic with Cetshwayo)
17. Inca-Huyana Capac (would like to see him return)
18. Iroquois-Jigonhsasee (Iroquois are probably one of the few Native Americans that could have a female leader)
19. Mali-Mansa/Musa (obvious choice but Sundiata Keita's portrayal might change my mind) :yup:
20. Khmer-Suryavarman II (built Angkor Wat and was leader in Civ 4).
21. Ottomans-Mehmed II/Suleiman- (have Mehmed be the conqueror and let Suleiman be Magnificent) :)
22. Dutch-William the Silent/Wilhelmina (William the Silent is obvious but I do love Wilhelmina and would love justice done to her)
23. Korea-Sejong
24. Phoenicia- Dido/Hannibal (If people want Carthage let them play as Hannibal as a potential option)
25. Maya- Lady Six Sky/Pacal
26. Ethiopia- Ezana/Menelik II (Axum Ethiopia would be cool to explore, but if not then Menelik II is the best choice for modern Ethiopia.)
27. Denmark- Cnut the Great/Margaret (I'd love a choice between Kalmar Union Denmark and Viking Denmark. If not Viking Denmark under Cnut the Great would be my first pick.
28. Byzantines- Justinian/Alexios Komnenos (Justinian hasn't been in the game in a while Alexios not at all)
29. Portugal- Manuel I (Just so we can have another different leader. But it's not like he wouldn't deserve it.):lol:
30. Sumer- Gilgamesh? (I'm not too keen on different leaders but at least make his portrayal better.
31. Assyria- Ashurbanipal (Please make base game for Civ 7)
32. Italy- Cosimo de Medici/Victor Immanuel II (I just want some kind of Italy in the game rather they are led by a Renaissance leader or not too modern leader.):please:
33. Austria- Maria Theresa (Even if she led Hungary, I'd want her back)
34. Poland- Casimir/Jadwiga? (I don't have a strong preference or knowledge of Polish leaders to know who I would want.)
35. Ireland-Brian Boru (Seems like the best potential leader)
36. Sweden-Kristina/Gustavas Adolphus (I like Kristina leading a cultural Sweden, though her father is also always a good pick.)
37. Angola/Ndongo-Mbande Nzinga (give her own civ to lead)
38. Benin-Idia (Coastal West African civ with a great female leader)
39. Berbers/Numidia-Dihya/Masinissa (Some pre-Islamic Berber civ and leader)
40. Muisca- Nemequene ( I think it's past time the Muisca showed up and Nemequene is frequently mentioned as a potential leader.)
41. Argentina-Eva Peron (Being a "spiritual" leader of the nation counts)
42. Haiti-Toussaint Louverture
43. Brazil-Pedro II (Not sure if there are better options. If not, we could always go with Maria the Mad?) :mischief:
44. Australia- Sir Henry Parkes (He was the leader of the Civ 5 mod so I guess that's good enough?)
45. Navajo- Manuelito (My first choice for a new Native American civ)
46. Mughals- Akbar/Shah Jahan (I'd want them separate from India. I don't care if they are militaristic or builder according to their leader).
47. Sarmatians- Amage (Huns/Scythia steppe nomad replacement)
48. Armenia- Tiradates III
49. Siam-Rama V (I'd like to see Industrial Siam)
50. Indonesia-Hayam Wuruk (We've had his prime minister and his mother. I think it's about time we've had him)
51. Vietnam- Trung Trac/Le Loi (I'd like to see Vietnam return but I don't really care who the leader is)
52. Samoa-Salamasina (Top choice for Polynesian civ and potential female leader for one.)
53. Tlingit-Katitlan (Figured there was a hole in the PNW)
54. Romania- Vlad Dracul III (Wanted another Eastern European civ, and the inspiration for Dracula is too good to pass up)
55. Franks-Charlemagne (Why not?) :p
56. Goths- Alaric I
57. Swahili

Last 3 are Honorable Mentions (which I don't see officially happening):
58. Israel-Solomon
59. Tibet- Songsten Gampo
60. Texas-Mirabeau Lamar

Last edited:
Some ideas off of the top of my head
  • Rome - Constantine or Theodosius; alternatively Marius and Sulla
  • England and Denmark - Cnut the Great
  • Persia
    • Left fields picks - Seleucus l Nicator or Antiochus l Soter; Alp Arslan or Malik-Shah
    • Normal picks - Shapur l or one of the Safavid shahs
  • Netherlands - Philip the Good or Charles the Bold
  • Arabia - Baybars
  • Ottomans - Selim the Grim
  • Byzantium - Another vote for Alexios
  • France - Robespierre
  • Germany - Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor; could also lead the Netherlands and/or Spain
  • Greece - Epaminondas or Philip ll (Alexander's dad)
  • Hungary - Arpad
  • India - Babur
  • Macedon (if it needs to be in the game) - Philip and Olympias
  • Russia - One of the early Rurikids, maybe Yaroslav the Wise
  • Spain - Abd al-Rahman lll or Almanzor
  • Sweden - Bjorn Ironside

Persia
  • Left fields picks - Seleucus l Nicator or Antiochus l Soter; Alp Arslan or Malik-Shah
...Not one of these led Persia except in the sense that George Washington "led" the Powhatan. (I'd love to see an Alp Arslan-led Seljuk civ, though. It doesn't have to be the Ottomans every time...or call the civ either "Turks" or "Oghuz" and make Alp Arslan and Suleiman the Magnificent alternate leaders.)

Spain - Abd al-Rahman lll or Almanzor
Similarly, this isn't really Spain, but I'd be delighted to see either of an al-Andalus civ or Abd ar-Rahman III leading Arabia.

Armenia- Tigranes the Great
Given that one of Armenia's claims to fame is being the first nation to formally adopt Christianity (they beat Ethiopia by a few years), I'd be a little disappointed to see a Zoroastrian leader; that's why I suggested Tiridates III.

Sumeria- Gilgamesh? (I'm not too keen on different leaders but at least make his portayal better.
1676072294529.png

That's Gudea staring at you...judging you. :p

Some "big personalities" I thought, not taking in count how "good" rulers they were, or even if they were really rulers in government sense.
  • Russia- Boris Godunov
  • America- Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Guarani- Sepé Tiaraju
  • France- Louis XIV
  • England- Henry VIII
  • Italy- Lucrezia Borgia
  • Sumer/Akkad- Enheduanna
  • Germany- Frederick the Great
  • Japan- Himiko
  • Babylon- Nebuchadnezzar II
  • Argentina- Bartolomé Mitre
  • Portugal and Brazil joint civ- João VI

...Not one of these led Persia except in the sense that George Washington "led" the Powhatan. (I'd love to see an Alp Arslan-led Seljuk civ, though. It doesn't have to be the Ottomans every time...or call the civ either "Turks" or "Oghuz" and make Alp Arslan and Suleiman the Magnificent alternate leaders.)
Hence "left field picks." :p But yeah, I feel like including the Successor Kingdoms as their own civs is kind of. . . indulgent? Especially at the expense of another, less well represented region. I would totally trade Greece for one of the Successor Kingdoms though Firaxis will never do that. And I feel like a "Turkic civ" would be way too broad while the Seljuks seem way too narrow. To me anyway. Like the Ottomans feel like a distinct entity in a way that lines up with the way Firaxis views the idea of a Civilization but the Scythians are in Civ6 so, maybe we'll see a Seljuk/Turkic Civ someday. That said, I feel they would be perfectly fine as alt-leaders.

Similarly, this isn't really Spain, but I'd be delighted to see either of an al-Andalus civ or Abd ar-Rahman III leading Arabia.
Same thing here. I seriously doubt we'll get al-Andalus and Spain and know we won't get al-Andalus instead of Spain but, again, I feel like with a religious Spain you could have Abd al-Rahman as an alt-leader.

France - Robespierre
Does he come with a guillotine unique? :mischief:

Given that one of Armenia's claims to fame is being the first nation to formally adopt Christianity (they beat Ethiopia by a few years), I'd be a little disappointed to see a Zoroastrian leader; that's why I suggested Tiridates III.
I didn't know that, then again, I'm not the most knowledgeable at Armenian history. I've seen his name pop up frequently, so I just went with that, but I'm flexible when it comes to Armenia and it's leaders.

Japanese lèse-majesté laws would prevent that. I think just breaking from the perpetual Sengoku Jidai/Tokugawa Shogunate leaders is already a huge improvement. Kamakura-era Hōjō Tokimune was a very pleasant surprise.
Japanese liese-majeste laws, judging by Japan's own modern literature, cinema, television, computer entertainment, and their iconic comic book/animation industry, is as much a dead letter, de facto, as British, Spanish, Low Countries, and Scandinavian liese-majeste laws. I believe from a reliable source that no one in Japan has charged with this crime since WW2 - which definitely says something. The law seems to be thoroughly deprecated, in practice.

Hence "left field picks." :p But yeah, I feel like including the Successor Kingdoms as their own civs is kind of. . . indulgent? Especially at the expense of another, less well represented region. I would totally trade Greece for one of the Successor Kingdoms though Firaxis will never do that. And I feel like a "Turkic civ" would be way too broad while the Seljuks seem way too narrow. To me anyway. Like the Ottomans feel like a distinct entity in a way that lines up with the way Firaxis views the idea of a Civilization but the Scythians are in Civ6 so, maybe we'll see a Seljuk/Turkic Civ someday. That said, I feel they would be perfectly fine as alt-leaders.
Well, yes, a Turkic civ would be way too broad, but I suggested calling the civ "the Turks" because ultimately the Seljuks and Ottomans are two dynasties leading the same Turkic people--the Turks or Oghuz. My only real issue with such a broad civ is that the Seljuks and Ottomans had very different lifestyles and priorities so making a single civ led by both Alp Arslan and Suleiman the Magnificent that feels coherent would be...challenging to say the least. It's a shame because the Seljuks are interesting but eternally overshadowed by the Ottomans. At any rate, I'd be perfectly fine with the Ottomans sitting out one game in favor of the Seljuks, but I don't see that happening.

Japanese liese-majeste laws, judging by Japan's own modern literature, cinema, television, computer entertainment, and their iconic comic book/animation industry, is as much a dead letter, de facto, as British, Spanish, Low Countries, and Scandinavian liese-majeste laws. I believe from a reliable source that no one in Japan has charged with this crime since WW2 - which definitely says something. The law seems to be thoroughly deprecated, in practice.
Yes, I see now Wikipedia says Japan's lèse-majesté laws are no longer in effect.

My only real issue with such a broad civ is that the Seljuks and Ottomans had very different lifestyles and priorities so making a single civ led by both Alp Arslan and Suleiman the Magnificent that feels coherent would be...challenging to say the least.
If you went with early Ottoman history you could probably find more overlap, especially if you focused on the religion and warfare aspects. This would also give you the opportunity to pick a sultan like Bayezid l and maybe even Murad ll though I think Mehmet ll marks the end of the early period so I wouldn't choose him any sultan after him. An earlier Ottoman focus would also allow you give them an cavalry UU and take a break from the Janissaries. So I feel like giving the civ a domination and cavalry focus plus some religion bonus and some kind of cavalry UU would make a solid base you could build on for both the Seljuks and Ottomans. The only real issue I see is finding an unique bit of infrastructure that represents both the Seljuks and Ottomans.

If you went with early Ottoman history you could probably find more overlap, especially if you focused on the religion and warfare aspects. This would also give you the opportunity to pick a sultan like Bayezid l and maybe even Murad ll though I think Mehmet ll marks the end of the early period so I wouldn't choose him any sultan after him. An earlier Ottoman focus would also allow you give them an cavalry UU and take a break from the Janissaries. So I feel like giving the civ a domination and cavalry focus plus some religion bonus and some kind of cavalry UU would make a solid base you could build on for both the Seljuks and Ottomans. The only real issue I see is finding an unique bit of infrastructure that represents both the Seljuks and Ottomans.
Good point, and it would be nice to see someone other than Suleiman (I know we had Mehmed II alongside him in Civ4, but still).

I know I've made a list of civs I want, but not leaders.

1. America-Thomas Jefferson (last president not in the game that was on Mt. Rushmore)
2. China- Han Wudi/Wu Zetian (never have had a leader from the Han, and well Wu is always a good choice)
3. Egypt- Akhenaten (make Egypt a religious/infrastructure civ)
4. England-Elizabeth I/Alfred the Great (Elizabeth is a staple and Alfred the Great leading an Anglo-Saxon England would be an interesting twist
5. France-Louis XIV (Need I say more?)
6. Germany-Frederick the Great (having a more culture/science-oriented Germany right off the bat)
7. Greece-Alexander/Pericles (Bring Alexander back as the militaristic version of Greece
8. Rome- Hadrian (I don't have strong feelings towards him, or any particular Roman leader, but he's never been in and one of the "good" emperors. Plus, all the great leaders build walls.) :shifty:
7. Russia-Catherine the Great
8. India-Ashoka/Gandhi (I don't mind Gandhi recurring as long as we have another leader too. My preference would be Ashoka.
9. Japan-Tokugawa Ieyasu (I love the isolationist playstyle and that would still work for me in Civ 7)
10. Arabia- Saladin/Harun-al-Rashid (I wouldn't mind Saladin returning again but give the science bonuses to anothe leader this time like Harun)
11. Persia- Cyrus (I like Achaemenid Persia, so I would at least want Cyrus back portrayed not as a backstabber. I don't have a preference for any other leader but would welcome a later one as well.)
12. Mongolia- Genghis Khan/Kublai Khan) Genghis is a staple but Kublai Khan is also good)
13. Aztec- Montezuma I (not the second)
14. Spain- Isabella/Phillip II (Both fulfill the same niche of religious colonization, so it doesn't really matter, but I guess I'd go with Isabella because Phillip just got in.)
15. Babylon-Hammurabi (I want a good portrayal of him after Civ 6)
16. Zulu- Shaka (unless they want to go all diplomatic with Cetshwayo)
17. Inca-Huyana Capac (would like to see him return)
18. Iroquois-Jigonhsasee (Iroquois are probably one of the few Native Americans that could have a female leader)
19. Mali-Mansa/Musa (obvious choice but Sundiata Keita's portrayal might change my mind) :yup:
20. Khmer-Suryavarman II (built Angkor Wat and was leader in Civ 4).
21. Ottomans-Mehmed II/Suleiman- (have Mehmed be the conqueror and let Suleiman be Magnificent) :)
22. Dutch-William the Silent/Wilhelmina (William the Silent is obvious but I do love Wilhelmina and would love justice done to her)
23. Korea-Sejong
24. Phoenicia- Dido/Hannibal (If people want Carthage let them play as Hannibal as a potential option)
25. Maya- Lady Six Sky/Pacal
26. Ethiopia- Ezana/Menelik II (Axum Ethiopia would be cool to explore, but if not then Menelik II is the best choice for modern Ethiopia.)
27. Denmark- Cnut the Great/Margaret (I'd love a choice between Kalmar Union Denmark and Viking Denmark. If not Viking Denmark under Cnut the Great would be my first pick.
28. Byzantines- Justinian/Alexios Komnenos (Justinian hasn't been in the game in a while while Alexios not at all)
29. Portugal- Manuel I (Just so we can have another different leader. But it's not like he wouldn't deserve it.):lol:
30. Sumeria- Gilgamesh? (I'm not too keen on different leaders but at least make his portayal better.
31. Assyria- Ashurbanipal (Please make base game for Civ 7)
32. Italy- Cosimo de Medici/Victor Immanuel II (I just want some kind of Italy in the game rather they are lead by a Renaissance leader or not too modern leader.):please:
33. Austria- Maria Theresa (Even if she lead Hungary, I'd want her back)
34. Poland- Casimir/Jadwiga? (I don't have a strong preference or knowledge of Polish leaders to know who I would want.)
35. Ireland-Brian Boru (Seems like the best potential leader)
36. Sweden-Kristina/Gustavas Adolphus (Yeah I like Kristina leading a cultural Sweden, though her father is also always a good pick.)
37. Angola/Ndongo-Mbande Nzinga (give her own civ to lead)
38. Benin-Idia (Coastal West African civ with a great female leader)
39. Berbers/Numidia-Dihya/Masinissa (Some pre-Islamic Berber civ and leader)
40. Muisca- Nemequene ( I think it's past time the Muisca showed up and Nemequene is frequently mentioned as a potential leader.)
41. Argentina-Eva Peron (Being a "spiritual" leader of the nation counts)
42. Haiti-Toussaint Louverture
43. Brazil-Pedro II (Not sure if there are better options. If not, we could always go with Maria the Mad?) :mischief:
45. Australia- Sir Henry Parkes (He was the leader of the Civ 5 mod so I guess that's good enough?)
44. Navajo- Manuelito (My first choice for a new Native American civ)
45. Mughals-Akbar/Shah Jahan ( I'd want them separate from India. I don't care if they are militaristic or builder according to their leader).
46. Parthia- Arcases (Huns/Scythia steppe nomad replacement)
47. Armenia- Tigranes the Great
48. Siam-Rama V (I'd like to see Industrial Siam)
49. Indonesia-Hayam Wuruk (We've had his prime minister and his mother. I think it's about time we've had him)
50. Vietnam- Trung Trac/Le Loi (I'd like to see Vietnam return but I don't really care who the leader is)
51. Samoa-Salamasina (Top choice for Polynesian civ and potential female leader for one.)
52. Franks-Charlemagne (Why not? 51 was also a weird number to end on. At least I didn't put the Republic of Texas.) :p
I'd love Texas under Sam Houston or Mireabeau Lamar (I am Texan)

Top Bottom