1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What leaders do you miss in BTS?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Optimizer, Jul 23, 2007.

?

What leaders should have been included in BTS?

1. Thomas Jefferson, USA

25 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Theodore Roosevelt, USA

29 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. Hiawatha, Native Americans

33 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Philip II, Spain

53 vote(s)
    26.4%
  5. Francisco Franco, Spain

26 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. Joan of Arc, France

38 vote(s)
    18.9%
  7. Konrad Adenauer, Germany

14 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. Canute (Knut) the Great, Scandinavia

47 vote(s)
    23.4%
  9. Nero, Rome

21 vote(s)
    10.4%
  10. Maria Theresa, Holy Roman Empire

32 vote(s)
    15.9%
  11. Theodora, Byzantine Empire

35 vote(s)
    17.4%
  12. Vladimir Lenin, Russia

44 vote(s)
    21.9%
  13. Cleopatra VII, Egypt

44 vote(s)
    21.9%
  14. Tutankhamun, Egypt

12 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Haile Selassie, Ethiopia

32 vote(s)
    15.9%
  16. Abu Bakr, Arabia

48 vote(s)
    23.9%
  17. Xerxes I, Persia

49 vote(s)
    24.4%
  18. Jawaharlal Nehru, India

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  19. Indira Gandhi, India

12 vote(s)
    6.0%
  20. Chiang Kai-shek, China

17 vote(s)
    8.5%
  21. Deng Xiaoping, China

13 vote(s)
    6.5%
  22. Meiji, Japan

69 vote(s)
    34.3%
  23. Hirohito, Japan

47 vote(s)
    23.4%
  24. Other

46 vote(s)
    22.9%
  25. I am happy with the included leaders

34 vote(s)
    16.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Optimizer

Optimizer Sthlm, SWE

There have been many opinions about the new leaders in BTS.

What leaders for the included civilizations do you miss?

2. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

Certainly not Tut-Ankh-Amon. He was a nobody. He isn't mentioned anywhere in old inscriptions. He died as a child -- obscure.

The only reason he's famous now, is because his is the only grave so far discovered that hasn't been plundered. This -- again -- probably because he was a nobody. A king for a very short while (months?), then dead. Buried, forgotten.

Imagine the treasure that was once put into the famous kings' graves. Would surely have put Tut's to shame many times over.

As for the poll: we need Knut. And Harald Hardrule (Hardrada).

3. sneaky

sneaky Prince

I am happy with the included leader, although I would agree that Spain, Japan and Arabia need additional leaders.

4. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

I'm more into the gameplay, which I love, I'm not really concerned over which leaders, civs, wonders, etc are in or out - I like everything they add. In fact, the threads about "my pet leader/civ/whatever should be in/out" kinda crack me up, since I don't see why people get so bunched up over this.

"The boy scouts are worldwide, they should be a civ, with a grand poobah as the leader" .... whatever!

This version of Civ has more of everything - way more than previous versions, and ridiculous levels of mod potential, down to the code itself, and people still complain!

5. Zimzollazim

Zimzollazim Chieftain

Haile Selassie, Ethiopia for two reasons, one, I have a rastafarian friend, and two, Zara Yaqob after some research was not that great of a leader.

6. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

First, let me say I am happy with the included leaders. If they had added more, of the choices given I would've picked Theodore Roosevelt, Cleopatra, Abu Bakr, Hirohito and Philip II.

7. Phil Ken Sebben

Phil Ken Sebben Chieftain

Cleopatra... could do with more female leaders in the game, but not religious freaks like Maria Theresa or plain insane ones, like Joan of Arc...

8. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Well I know they'll never include Hitler, so I'm going to give my vote to Theodora. I was very excited to hear that the Byzantines were returning (with the awesomeness of Cataphracts :)) only to find that Justinian looks ridiculous with that crown squishing his tiny head. :lol:

I would also like to see more female leaders, Boudica was a welcomed addition but was the only women added in Beyond the Sword. :sad:

9. Lars_Domus

Lars_Domus Say No 2 Net Validations

Harun al-Rashid ("other"), Canute and Meiji.

10. Optimizer

Optimizer Sthlm, SWE

Looks like a close field.

Maybe I should have included Margareta of Scandinavia, too, and dropped Tutankhamun.

11. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

Lenin is the only one that jumps out from that list. Spain needs another leader though, I agree.

12. SkippyT

SkippyT Who?

Canute
    Abu
    Meiji ;)

13. ComradeGeneral

ComradeGeneral The Penguin Overlord

Maybe, Xerxes, Persia definetly needs another leader. Besides wouldn't it be great to get revenge on the greeks for Thermopylae, which shouldn't have had Leonidas as the hero, but a certain Greek naval commander whose name escapes me.

Also they should add another leader for the byzantines

14. MangleMeElmo

MangleMeElmo Proud War Criminal

I chose Abu Bakr and Meiji. Japan and Arabia each need an additional leader.

15. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

I voted for Nero and Abu Bakr.

Nero-- because Rome is my favorite Civ in the game, so why not more Roman Emperors for me? Actually, I would of prefered Caligula over Nero. ;)

Abu Bakr-- Only because the Arabians need another Leader besides Saladin.

The ones I would of liked to of seen (but weren't listed are):

Caligula (as mentioned above)
    Ronald Reagan (probably one of the best U.S. presidents in history)
    Nebuchadnezzar

16. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

Xerxes I for Persia, and Meiji is crucial for Japan (far more than Hiroito)!

Ronald Reagan was one of the worst US presidents in history and another Roosevelt doesn't fit, so perhaps Jefferson. Nero would be nice for Rome. Russia already has three leaders, and we have Stalin as the icon of communism; Lenin was important as well, for the revolution, but he didn't rule the USSR for long.

As for the rest, I don't know enough about them to give an educated opinion. :p

17. R.B.

R.B. King of the Meeps

Can't believe noones thought of this- TOYOTOMI HIDEYOSHI AND ODA NOBUNAGA NEED TO BE WITH JAPAN!! Jeun de' Arc practically saved France, so she would be a great addition.

18. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

He only orchistrated the downfall of the Soviet Union... hardly worth mentioning, I guess. :rolleyes:

19. Titus001

Titus001 Warlord

No need for nero or any other new roman leaders since we have Justinian as the 3rd Roman Empire leader.

20. braindrain

braindrain brainiac

I would have liked Queen Dido for Carthage...more women need to be in the game and this one actually deserves to be in, not just some lady picked just because she is a lady....

I'm glad Xerxes WASN'T included...why does he need to be in? we already have two of his relatives in aaand all he really did was squander his inheritance and began the age of decline of his empire...

there are others that don't belong either, like nero, cleopatra, and a few others, and many of the options are for civ's with 3 leaders already...

i would, however, like to see a mod of pompous and innefective and over all damaging rulers...wouldn't that be fun? imagine caligula vs andrew johnson along wiht many other silly and terrible rulers... can have rules where you have to spend all your money each turn by throwing lavish parties, building rediculous monuments, and grinding down great armies into nothingness for trivial gains ;)