What leaders would YOU choose?

What type of leaders would you pick?

• Deserving leaders only

Votes: 83 49.1%
  • Mix of deserving and famous leaders

Votes: 86 50.9%

• Total voters
Yep. Amaru, despite his failure to overcome the Spaniards, did an incredible job of rallying and organizing his people.

Eternalsteelfan said:
Amaru was the last ruler of the Incan who lead his people against the Spanish. He's the Montezuma of the Incans, so if Monty is in why not Amaru?
because montezuma's famous. i've already said i'd prefer itzcoatl, montezuma I, or nezahualcoyotl for aztec, but fame takes precedent, evidently. tupac amaru led an unsuccesful uprising and was killed in less than 2 years. tupac amaru over pachacuti? even, huayna capac is far more qualified.

I'am kinda in between on this one. I think that they should be deserving but they should also not be extremely obscure. And also I think that leaders should actually have been leaders of there Civilization in some way or another so no Joan of Arc or Ben Franklin.

I'd definitely prefer no mythological leaders, and no post WWII leaders (helps keep some of the politics out). While it is a game, the idea of 'alternate history' is one of its charms, and Queen Hippolyte/Giglamesh would diminish that. Those characters/civs are best left to the modders, or to a fantasy scenario included separate to the main game.

I'd pick the civilizations first and then choose their noteworthy leaders. If there's a 2nd expansion, I'd like to see at least 2 sub-Saharan African civilizations added (not based on post-colonial states like South Africa), 2 more from the Americas, and 2 more Asian civs (at least 1 from SE Asia) before picking any more from Europe. I could certainly point out individual civilizations I'd like to see, but there are truly more worthy choices than there would be slots availabe, so I'll just request a bit more geographic diversity.

Most people are willing to play a civ/leader they are unfamiliar with if the gameplay is cool, and in the process get superficially acquainted with the civilization. The Korean leader in this expansion is a good example. I had no idea who he is, but I did look up a bit about him and found him worthy (though I couldn't say if he was the most worthy Korean leader).

I'm sure you'll have a couple of big name leaders for the marketing department to 'lead with' on your box (like Hannibal and Churchill this expansion, neither of whom I think is unworthy), but after that, I much prefer 'worthy' over 'famous'.

Slavic Sioux said:
You have a problem with S.Africa do you?!?I think that Sittting Bull defently needs to be in the game as well as the Mugal Empires Founder.

Babur or Akbar?

Commander Bello said:
I checked for "deserving" leaders but would like to emphasize that this - for me - means just "real" leaders, that is, people who really have run the state.

A good example for this would be Bismarck, who wasn't head of the state (that was the King of Prussia, later the German Emperor [note: not Emperor of Germany!] and King of Prussia), but head of the government. Nevertheless, he is the symbol of a certain era and the policy of that era run by the state which he ruled.

Instead of Joan of Arc then, we could have Cardinal Richilieu.

Top Bottom