What level of involvement is acceptable for the Demo game moderators?

What level of involvement is acceptable for the Demo game moderators?

• Full ability to run for any office

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • May run for certain, predefined positions

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Unelected positions only

• Citizenship

• Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No involvement other than moderating

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is an informational poll to decide how much the citizenry would like the moderators to participate in the game. The relevant discussions are here and here . Please vote so that we can decide how to moderate our participation.;)

Originally posted by Octavian X
I'd like to restate my posistion. I believe that mods, with their power, could abuse said power in any sort of office.

If anyone ever feels a Mod is abusing their power, just contact all of the Mods in the game. When Mods are actually particpating in the game, they are the same as regular citizens.

As always, I will look into any questionable actions by any players in the game, Mod or not.

BTW, I would not have asked them to be Mods if I did not feel they would act accordingly. They both know that I will not tolerate any abuse of power in the game, nor do I think either of them will do so. :)

as the leader positions are currently prohibited (yes, judicacy is also a leader positions! as well as legislative and executive!) i think we should not bend the constitution and let them only be unelected positions.

but i dont like the option in this poll, as it could also be interpretted in another manner.

i would have preferred stating "leader position" or something.

and btw: abstain is (Again) missing ;-)
as well as running time and option explanation in the first post...

so this poll will propably be non-binding as it is invalid ;-)

When this poll ends, I volenteer to interpret the results for everyone. I recently wrote a guide exactly on this topic. Look here for an explanation of Incremntal Polls, of which this is one. At the moment there is a tie between unelected and predefined positions.

I concur with Donsig that this poll is invalid.

D'oh... I missed the word informational in the 1st post. Once again people may feel free to slap me about with any object they wish.

This poll is valid for purely informational purposes, but is non-binding and therefore cannot be used to mandate subsequent actions.

Out of interest, Eyrei, why did you decide to post this as an informational poll?

Now if it's informational then isn't it supposed to say so in the title of the thread? Or is that only when leaders post polls?

(Is my point coming through yet? Our rules are not facilitating the game, they are bogging the game down.)

Originally posted by Eklektikos
D'oh... I missed the word informational in the 1st post. Once again people may feel free to slap me about with any object they wish.

This poll is valid for purely informational purposes, but is non-binding and therefore cannot be used to mandate subsequent actions.

Out of interest, Eyrei, why did you decide to post this as an informational poll?

I posted it as informational because it could not be binding if one of the options (moderate only) won. That was included purely to get 'information'.

Dis: Abstain is an option and has been from the beginning.:rolleyes:

Thats why I think we need to educate people. I suggest that for the next game there be another three sticky threads in the poll sub-forum (total of four with registry).
1. We should have one thread reserved for members of the polling standards commission to set out the guidelines required for a poll. These should not be a cut & paste from the COS, but an easy to understand set of guidelines with examples. We could also include tips on how to run a poll, how to structure it and what sort of options to give (like what I was attempting with polling 101). This thread would NOT be for discussions.
2. We should have the polling standards commission thread, and it's debates, as a sticky thread in the polls sub-forum. This would be the main thread for proposing and discussing how to structure polling and what rules to use (much the same as the PSC has always been)
3. We need a thread reserved for help. Sure, we have the newbies shed, but not all people that might require advice will be newbies and this thread would be specific to the area of polling, which is VERY hard to get right, as we have seen.

This would mean that (apart from polls) there would be four threads, all sticky, in the poll sub-forum:
1. The Registry - for Poll advertising
2. The Commission - for Poll regulations discussions
3. Polling 101 - for rules, guidelines, tips and examples of how to set up a valid and usefull poll
4. The Help Line - where PSC members answer questions on how to poll well
This would mean better polls and better democracy.

Top Bottom