What made you ragequit a game?

Leyrann

Deity
For me, it was playing a random leader on a shuffle map, rolling Indonesia, rolling Island Plates, starting on an island with a bunch of lakes on my own, finding Auckland, going full on naval, and then freaking Sumeria declares war on Auckland and takes it in three turns while I'm still in desperate catch-up phase because it's deity and I had a bit of a slow start.

I quit games all the time if I'm just not feeling them. Probably doesn't count as "ragequit" though.

A particular problem for me at the moment is that I don't really have time during the working week to play, so I get to the weekend, load up the game I started last weekend and can't remember where I was going with it :crazyeye:

Every few games I get either joint warred by my two early neighbors or I’ll launch a risky early war only for another civ to attack me while my army’s on the other side.

The last one happened in my last game as Khmer, China’s capital was too perfect to not take but Norway noticed my lack of defenses

I've ragequitted a couple of times when missed out on a wonder I really wanted by a couple of turns.
I've ragequitted when discovering the start position bug a couple of times on Island Plates maps, both times a case of two city-states spawning on an island that could fit only one of them, the other unable to settle anywhere. (Funnily enough you can still send envoys to the settler-only state and apparently get their bonuses).
Once I ragequitted upon a mad horsemen barbarian spawn very early in the game which was going to set back my start too much x)

But I quit games calmly all the time when I just can't be bothered with the path to victory after the expansion phase.

For some reason, I've been having bad luck with France: first game I got a tundra start in a side of the continent and, while I eventually got things running up (Prince), it was a boring game were I felt I was not developing the "grandeur" of the civ. Therefore, I opted by re-start their game on prince.
After two "failed" starts (I don't know if this can cont as ragequit, but I find it very annoying when after founding the capital, i get a very narrow "out of city radius" strip of land with relevant resources that would force me to found an auxiliary city with just three-four tiles free before competing for "breathing space" with the capitol, therefore, I tend to re-start these games), I got a quite nice start spot, just to find I was crammed in between Aztecs and Brazil.
Surprisingly, it was Brazil the first who DoW me, then Aztecs. I'd say it was helpful to keep their expansion at bay (settler capture ;) ), but I was as well losing time on resources in this play and eventually could not handle both at once... but making peace with one resulted in them resorting to forward-settling again, that I could not compete with, as I was still fighting the other neighbourg. I decided that game was not worth it... I'll try France again in some weeks.

For me, it was playing a random leader on a shuffle map, rolling Indonesia, rolling Island Plates, starting on an island with a bunch of lakes on my own, finding Auckland, going full on naval, and then freaking Sumeria declares war on Auckland and takes it in three turns while I'm still in desperate catch-up phase because it's deity and I had a bit of a slow start.

When barbarians brought 5-6 horsemen into my lands in the first 10 turns.

Or when Cyrus united my neighbor to give me an afterlife with his immortals.

AI doing insane forward-settling moves can cause me to quit the game out of sheer frustration sometimes. I mean, I know I can wipe out the city, or take it, fairly easily by force but it's just... why? Why game, why? Stuff like that causes me to quit the game more than if I get screwed by unlucky Barb spawns or whatever.

Had another one where I *almost* ragequit turn one (I did so later after finding out I had a strip of land for 2 cities and a huge mountain range at one side and an even bigger desert the other side):

Got China at random, was thinking in loading screen that if you spammed 4 builder charges you'd get 60% of a wonder done, and you could theoratically rush Stonehenge with that. Game starts. First thing I do, like always, is move my warrior to explore as many tiles as possible. Boom. Natural wonder. I have a look at where my Settler landed. Plains/hills tile, 2/2 tile next to it and a 3/3 tile in second ring. I look around a bit more. No. Stone. In. Sight.

Seriously, this could've been a turn 15 Stonehenge if there'd been a stone resource.

They are just too focused on short term opportunities without any similarities to a real player's planning.

My game today:

Being Japan, sandwiched between Russia and Aztec. While I have only a few musketeer and crossbows and a large GDT.

Seeing my lack of units, Peter decided to rush a wave of archers into my lands, joining with Monte's eagle warriors. And I crushed the invading units without much efford.

At this point, Cleopatra, with her leader agenda, denounced the weak Russia. And finally decided to march her chariots towards St Petersburg.

Yet, St Petersburg was walled and Peter withdrew all his archers, managed to hold the line.

Now with Cleo's pretty chariots all in the russian lands, her neighbors Victoria and Trajan decided it was the time to end her for good.

And then the peacful Gandhi further denounced their bloodiness and tried to end their violent rule with his elephants.

Then Gandhi's neighbor Catherine de Medici: Hahah, non siate sorpresso....

And Catheirne's neighbor Tomyris:
Trust is earned, do you not know that?

To my surprise, the WWI started in a sudden, at barely AD1450

These AIs.

Last edited:
I rage quitted today

Mind you I play on Warlord, so it shoudl be relatively Easy

Yet

- Two Horse Barbarian Hordes constantly assaulting me
- And two joint wars.
- Hell Phillip somehow managed to get enough of an army to nearly take my CAPITAL.. on WARLORD

Now I know I don't invest TOO much into my Army but like I was constantly getting swarmed

Now, I didn't mind it too much...

until I got beat to Petra -_-

I rage quitted today

Mind you I play on Warlord, so it shoudl be relatively Easy

Yet

- Two Horse Barbarian Hordes constantly assaulting me
- And two joint wars.
- Hell Phillip somehow managed to get enough of an army to nearly take my CAPITAL.. on WARLORD

Now I know I don't invest TOO much into my Army but like I was constantly getting swarmed

Now, I didn't mind it too much...

until I got beat to Petra -_-

Building a strong military is the key point in civ VI, more importantly because the barbarians are overwhelming.

Often plan to go conquering at any time before they have a chance to DoW you.

Many reasons...

Bad Start...little luxuries no problem but no hills and food resources...that's an instant restart.

Spawning near multiple horse camps

Spawning near AI

Not meeting any City States early compared to AI who already has cheats

Losing a Wonder Race

Great Person I want doesn't show up and gets removed by Era

In short, I don't play when RNG is against me because that's the greatest enemy I have no control over. Tough opponent anytime. Tough Luck no thank you I don't gamble.

Last edited:
Top Bottom