What map do you like?

Hylt22

Chieftain
The title says it all.
What map do you like and why?

I like the Hub. You get your own little space and you won't have to worry about your next door neigbors. Unless if they build a city right in your area.

Tectonics with 60 percent water. Never know what I'm gonna get but it always seems to be an interesting map.

Continents and Islands, with most of the settings at default. Provides excellent random maps.

Personally for as long as I've played, Terra is nice because, other than Pangaea, it gives a natural planetary formation feel that I like. But I can't really hate the other kinds. Also, new here and just joined yesterday.

Big and Small, Massive Continents, Islands mixed in, Low water, Tropical (I hate lots of plains & Desert). I also check, Unrestricted Leaders, No Random Events, No Vassals and uncheck Diplomatic Victory to prevent AP cheezy victory. I check Simultaneous turns too.
Half of my games are Always War with 75% of those having Raging Barbs.

I usually ends up with 2 large Continents with smaller Islands all around them.
The Islands make for nice Great person farms and make a navy useful later.

I like arhchipelago (Dutch dream map :D ), map with many medium/small continents, in general I like lot of waters, not much land (don't have strong computer but I won't play nothing smaller than Huge/18 civs), some 2/3 of civs discovered only after optics/astronomy.. and real game goes on only around early industrial age :)

Perfectworld 2. Very interesting map formations and it provides for uniform regions like, one region would be mostly desert and another could be mostly wet and fertile land. I like maps like these because then I have to consider the unique terrain of nation when going to war.

Perfectworld 2. Very interesting map formations and it provides for uniform regions like, one region would be mostly desert and another could be mostly wet and fertile land. I like maps like these because then I have to consider the unique terrain of nation when going to war.

I tried that map generator and decided against it.
The map size is always larger that the normal size, which was frustrating when I wanted a map I could complete in a reasonable amount of time.
Also, I kept finding too many maps were low on food resourses. I'd have huge gaps between my cities to go for food resourses.
Other than that, the rest was good.
Lots of trees and I could make the climate wetter. I did like the variety of map settings.

I like the randomness of fractal, personally.

And welcome to CFC, CircleA!!!

:band:

Archipelago for GLH madness :D

Continents or just a random fractal one when I feel adventurous :D

I like small Terra and loading it up with nine civs and starting in the Renaissance era. It's a colonizing manifesto! For role-playing reasons, I refuse to move my capital overseas. Quite a challenging game when you have to deal with financial struggles.

Always choose Shuffle, but my favourite would be Terra as I find it draws it out as domination is much harder - I suppose AP diplo becomes easier but that's never been my style.

I do continents or inland sea, but sometimes I want to have a fairly isolated start, or a completely isolated.... No one to hate, but I'm on easy levels (Chief) sooooo..... :cry: I'm such a noob.

Last days I play global highlands a lot. Very interesting map script with realistic terrain and natural borders and unpredictable land shapes (from pangea to archipelago, usually something similar to medium and small or big and small)

On the other hand I dislike greatplains, oasis, highlands, boreal, rainforest (maps look more or less the same everytime u play) and terra (too big and easy to win, just beeline astro)

Top Bottom