Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Fractal

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

hamtastic

Hamburglar
I remember seeing a suggestion one time about what kind of map to use while playing FFH, but I'm curious what people actually do. If you feel like it, post a comment explaining your choice.

I usually start up highlands maps with high sea level. I find the barbs stick around for a while that way and it's just sort of fun.

I voted "other", because I use the Shuffle or Balanced option. Balanced is good because it creates just one big landmass that is, well, balanced. Shuffle is good if you don´t want to waste time choosing options/don´t want to know how the map will be.

Hey, someone chose terra. I've been curious about that - is it fun to have another continent filled with barbs? How does it play out?
It's fun. Lots of midgame exploring, and a good deal of combat even in peacetime.

Ironically, I won't play continents, since the AI's "over there" don't have much effect on me for half the game, other than to slow it down.

Yay! 'Other' is winning! My favourite map!

Yes, I selected 'Other' as well.

I really like the Fantasy Realm map and playing with the placement of resources: Illogical and Crazy are something.

Nothing like finding bananas in a desert or being able to snag 5, 6, or more resources in your city's limits. I've only seen this with the Fantasy map.

I definitely like playing on land, vs. playing in the water. :p

Currently using one called the "wheel". Each civ has its own starting area around the oputside of the map, with "spokes" connecting to the all ice/tundra central hub and each neighboring civ. Really fun map!

Fractal maps put the civs in appropriate start positions?? I didn't know that. Any other map types that have been re-programmed by the FfH team?

only Dreiche2's flavour maps do that, and they have FFH prefixed on the map type name, like FFH-Fractal. they should be somewhere around this forum.. i thought kael added them to the download but not sure where they went.

@cvlowe: that does sound pretty fun. I'm currently Civ-less or I'd try it out. Of course, me being Civ-less is probably why I posted this thread instead of just trying out more maps... :)

Also good to know about the other map scripts - I didn't know about them either. Anyone care to post a link for me to check out since I'm lazy? :groucho:

I agree about Terra maps. They used to be my favourite, and now are only somewhat behind Fantasy Realm. I love raging barbs, so it's great getting to the "New World" when it is almost fully settled by barb cities.

Hmm, methinks I'll start up a new terra game today . . .

- Niilo

Top Bottom