What maps does Great Barrier Reef spawn ?

McSwan

Chieftain
I've only seen it on continents? Does it spawn on pangea as well?

Does it spawn near Australia on Earth ?

It seems very rare, but almost necessary to get on harder levels.

All natural wonders spawn on the Earth map where they should be, except there can only be a limited number of natural wonders per game. A random selection of them will actually spawn. GBR also spawns on every script with water.

Also, does it come in 2 tiles for everybody else too?

It'll spawn on any map with an ocean you can circumnavigate (even if landmasses crunch right up against ice). I don't think you'll find it on the maps that don't "wrap", or at least I can never recall seeing it there. I don't think you'll see it on 'constrained' ocean bodies, so not in 4 corners, big-lake-in-the-middle map, etc.

Is it possible to spawn in Australia as Spain on Earth standard, or would you need to up the civ's to max to have a chance of this happening ?

The real reef was formed by millions of corals and other species, it must have taken them thousands of years to reach the size it is today (over 2,000 km wide). Its going pretty bad with the Great Barrier Reef these days though, increasing sea levels makes it more difficult to catch the sunlight, the acidity level of the oceans is increasing (and so breaking down the construction of the reef) and on top of that comes pollution and pressure from extensive tourism in some areas.
If you've never seen the reef I certainly recommend you to do it before its too late. I've had my first sea-diving experience at the reef. It was an amazing and awesome experience that I will never forget.

The real reef was formed by millions of corals and other species, it must have taken them thousands of years to reach the size it is today (over 2,000 km wide). Its going pretty bad with the Great Barrier Reef these days though, increasing sea levels makes it more difficult to catch the sunlight, the acidity level of the oceans is increasing (and so breaking down the construction of the reef) and on top of that comes pollution and pressure from extensive tourism in some areas.
If you've never seen the reef I certainly recommend you to do it before its too late. I've had my first sea-diving experience at the reef. It was an amazing and awesome experience that I will never forget.

Yes that is a shame. Hopefully it will survive until conditions improve (if they ever do).

Also a shame that I have snowballs chance of affording a trip there or most other places. :sad:

Yes that is a shame. Hopefully it will survive until conditions improve (if they ever do).

Also a shame that I have snowballs chance of affording a trip there or most other places. :sad:
Fortunately nature has its way that if you leave it alone and provide it with the right conditions it can restore itself amazingly fast. There are some areas/islands where coral reefs and local fish populations have had a remarkable recovery when they were declared as protected area, some islands in Oceania even create and grow coral reefs.
But considering its location for transportation, the importance of tourism and the amount of towns/cities at the coast of the reef I don't think it'll recover anytime soon.
As for money.... Australia is VERY expensive, if I compare it to the prices in the Netherlands than only public transportation and fast food are cheaper there. But I can tell you that you won't regret it and that its worth every penny :p

I live in Australia. The reef is ok, but the reel problem is that we get a lot of the wrong type of tourist.

Some of them go to the reef, enjoy it twice as much as anyone else and when they find the reef, a really weird thing happens, and they find a tonne of gold! Man, I hate Spanish tourists!

Top Bottom