What mods do you use?

Chris3894

Warlord
Currently I use RED, more aggressive AI, less warmonger hate, more luxuries and better luxury distribution, and info addict. I was wondering what mods do you guys use and which ones do you think are the most popular amongst Civfanatics

EUI is one I have adopted from reading up here, which is especially great since it works even when not running Mod games. I havn't played around with Info Addict much but I do use it. Reseed! looks amazing but I have yet to the MANDATORY step I forgot about to move all the DLC maps into main map folder so that the mod will work with DLC maps.

I'm actually looking for a similar mod for luxuries, though at this stage I don't bother with any war mongering so I don't want to cause any further hostility with the AI.

Running Civ 5 Complete and like to turtle into my own Empire and do rather miss Cultural take over of adjacent civs, this may be a mod I would like to look into. Considering getting the Civ 4 Style diplomacy as well soon.

I use Info Addict and Civ IV diplomatic features, along with the Ingame Editor.

One question - are there any Civ V mods that bring back culture flipping of cities a la Civ IV?

@playsoneasy: there's revolution, from Gedemon

For the most part best part of EUI is that at a glance it gives you turns until completion on everything in the top info bar. Also a bit of information as an added bonus gives you every bit of information possible in a tooltip hover. Like how this hex will change from technological advances or era shift.

I'v only been using The militia mod and the Play the world extended mod lately. Although, sometimes I use the IGE mod to remove an AI city that is in the way. and the Militia mod gives countries a fighting chance if they have little or no standing military.

The Krakatoa & Great Barrier Reef fix is one I tend to use. It just makes sure that these Wonders won't be stuck in the middle of the ocean where they can't be used.
Faster Flight Animation is another one, so you don't have to painfully endure a 30 second combat animation several times each turn.

NONE! I mostly play naked Civ. I tried modding, but basically, I felt like it was cheating, so I normally play unmodded (naked) Civ.

Haha I understand that, but downloading mods that balance the game the way you like it isn't necessarily cheating :p

In the modded game i'm currently playing as Washington.

Infoaddict.

Civ 4 Diplomatic Features.

City-State Diplomacy.

Religion Beliefs Expansion Pack.

Less Warmonger Hate.

Slow Research.

NONE! I mostly play naked Civ. I tried modding, but basically, I felt like it was cheating, so I normally play unmodded (naked) Civ.

Some mods are done so poorly that the game does become too easy to win, making it easy to effectively cheat. However a well done mod can make the game much more challenging and give more diversity to the game. Where most mods fall down is that they give a huge amount of new content but dont teach the AI to effectively use it. A mod that both gives more content and improves the AI to match is like an unoffical expansion or version, some could nearly be a different game.

I use the Madoka Magica Civs because I absolutely love them, I also use Hulfgars and the extended resource pack, As well as a couple of mods that add more great artists, writers and musicians.

I almost exclusively play multiplayer, so the only mod I use is EUI. And it's awesome, mostly because it reduces the amount of clicks you have to make to look stuff up. It shows info that's there, but in menus, etc. and puts it in front.

Top Bottom