what most annoys you about Civ 6?

rwmjlally

Chieftain
My vote for most annoying thing about Civ 6 goes to the way the AI uses generals as scouts.
My solution would be to allow generals to be killed.

Not being able to increase city working radius with mods (don't confuse with city range, which can be done).

Not being able to move my Units through a Friend's or Allies' City Center.

The larger maps that were working fine at release and are now unsupported or unstable.

Because even if they were to finally release the gameplay DLL (which would make everything else that may annoy me in the game something we could change ourselves), that specific issue would not be fixable by the community.

For me, the late game micro. This is especially annoying because I am a completionist. No matter how tedious a game gets, I have to finish it...

Sometimes, I deliberately keep myself between 8 and 12 cities to avoid too many things to do.

PS: I have thought a LOT about this. The only ways I can think of to get rid of this issue is
(1). To revamp the lategame. Something like making most early game districts and buildings obsolete so that you're pretty much 'starting over', but with the early game advantages carrying over in order for them not to be redundant.

(2). Make late-game decisions matter. Whatever you build in a specific city matters less because it hardly affects anything. So making late-game decisions MUCH more impactful would go a long way into keeping players engaged

Honestly, fir me, it's not a specific thing, so much as a characteristic. It's the fact that they come up with great ideas and then manage to screw them over in execution. The game is great and so are most of the aspects, but they manage to shoot themselves in the foot by doing it in such a way that it really makes you scratch your head.

Let's take the Leader Selector as an example.

It's a great idea. One that I'd been wanting for ages. Common sense approach would be to have a drop down menu next to each random civ that allows you to just deselect whichever civ you don't want in that slot. Possibly have preselected groups, but it would be easy and simple.

Instead, they do it so that you have two leader pools from which you can select or remove leaders and you have to have at least as many leaders in the pool as you do players in the game. So, if you want certain leaders for definite then a choice between certain leaders for one random, it becomes a right hassle, and you can't do that and have duplicates as well. I can't figure out why they did it that way.

There a lots of great ideas in the game and it is a great game, but it's frustrating to see that potential and have them fall short because of bizarre choices that make no sense.

Start a Turn and the very first unit that receives "Focus" is NOT what/where the map tile shows up.
Yeah .. i know i can always shift tab away from the gimmicky flaw and then, move the "properly" selected UNIT as it should from where it visually is.
--Duh!

I just came back to Civ6 after maybe a 2 year break and I was having a blast playing the base game + RF + GS. I decided to buy the season pass and that was a mistake. Heroes are fun, but the AI won't use their charges. SS is fun, but the AI doesn't play them right, especially voidslingers where they just spam cultists towards the end of the game without using them and it slows turn times down drastically. C&M is a lot of fun, but it completely breaks the AI, they just won't use builders. You would expect the AI to not be as good as a player with these game modes but they are completely unplayable if you want any sort of challenge out of the AI. They sold me something that obviously wasn't tested at all.

Other than that the AI bothering me. Every 10 turns they bug me by saying things like I wonder why you don't talk much, maybe it's because you have nothing to say. Or Cleopatra saying I'm only interested in people I'm interested in and you are one of those people. What??? Is she coming on to me? I get that some of these are cues telling you why the other Civ doesn't like you, but it's annoying. I've learned to play with my finger on the escape key and anytime I see a black screen pop up I just hit escape escape.

The late-game writ large. There needs to be more dynamism to get to a win condition beyond just getting a lead and clicking next turn to the end. There also needs to be more challenges from AI civs, both militarily and in terms of targeting a victory condition.

The imbalance between early and late game difficulty. Once you pull off a slow an thoughtful start (early war or peaceful expansion) there is no way to lose the game. Only problems may be a crap starting position with nasty neihbours or a bad pick in resource lottery. If you get it all right like horsemen on T45 or PP on 50 with 12 cities by T100 there is no way you can lose.

Top Bottom