what most annoys you about Civ 6?

I find some of the music annoying.

Having played HUMANKIND OpenDev i really like its more ambient easy listening music.

Some of the Civ VI themes are too...hyphie?
E.g: The Australia theme and the Scotland theme.

I have installed the Baba Yetu mod so I have the superior (and much calmer) Christopher Tin music in my lobby :)

Agendas. I don’t want a specific civ always acting X way. Give it some randomness please!

That there aren't proper discriptions of the unique units and buildings on the loading screen. I usually select random leader and I don't know the specifics of all the uniques by heart. It's such a weird design choice.

My vote for most annoying thing about Civ 6 goes to the way the AI uses generals as scouts.
My solution would be to allow generals to be killed.

(1) Puzzle game mechanics. I'm running an empire here, I don't want to think about "theming bonuses" in a museum.
(2) Conditional civ traits instead of flat +x military/science/economy. Either I have elite troops or not - something like "get x combat strength if adjacent to the coast" is simply weird.
(3) Pushing politics into games. This is a huge no go & immediate reason to just move to one of the myriad of other games available.

-> I'm actually playing more often SMAC right now. I haven't noticed any kind of "puzzles" there (apart from positioning your troops of course), the civ traits fit your faction & political ideology is handled perfectly - every faction is displayed having pros and cons, even the Gaians or UN are criticized appropriately.

UI has a lot of annoyances. The one that I find myself swearing at is where you allocate new envoys. The city-states you know about are squished up into this little panel, with all the concatenated benefits of ALL your envoys taking up the bulk of the space. Now if I can't alter them, then why have them take over the space - which would be of more use showing the full list of City-states? Tooltips were invented for stuff like this.
People hate scrolling through lists!

AI is pretty terrible.
World Congress is an awful thing, and the ability to skip it would be marvellous. (How about a purple card called "Isolationist" that lets you do just that?)

Last edited:
1) Constant crashes on Xbox (does seem to have gotten better lately though)

2) Terrible UI/information presentation/sorting/searching

When I send a unit to a destination several turns away. The next turn it stops because another unit is on the tile it will be in several turns.

It's genuinely mind boggling this made it past the original QA, let alone has lasted for the entire lifetime of the game...

There are so many small gripes I've complained about in the gripes thread, won't repeat myself here. But probably one of the larger-scale things than annoys me the most is just how awful the civolopedia is. Very user unfriendly, missing a lot of crucial information, unintuitive layout and distribution of information, and I far too often find myself having to go the the fan wiki, which is actually competent at displaying important information. It was garbage in Civ V too, and will probably be garbage in Civ VII because, like AI apparently, it's not seen as worthy of too many resources when said resources could instead be spent on flashy new features and gameplay.

The fact that I can turn down the Climate settings to zero and still have a volcano go off about every 10 turns! If I say off, I mean off, not randomly, not too often, or whenever it wants to, nut OFF!

Spawn locations that are way too close to your rivals and the bugginess seemingly introduced with the new launcher.

Well, that's easy! Just select a Civ like the Azteks with the intention to go Domination, and there will be NO ONE around for at least 4 City Radiusses away, not even City States, even if those are set to maximum...

At topic:

what I hate about Civ6 (and in many cases the whole Firaxis-Civ-Series in a whole):

1. AI and difficulty settings. Only giving the AI ridiculous Bonusses as a difference? That's just... embarrasing.
2. 1UpT and movement restrictions, VERRRRY bad Idea to counter the Stacks of Doom in CivIV
3. Scripts to somewhat camouflage bad design reg. to AI- and Game behaviour
4. Districts and coastal cities
5. Districts fixed for the whole game
6. AI cheats like seeing all ressources from the start
7. world congress too early and you cannot opt out
8. AI Bugs not fixed (tile improvements, unable to use the new modes...THAT is REALLY a Joke!)
9. Map generator not generating what it says ( if I select NEW to get many mountainranges, why do I have MORE mountain ranges when selcting OLD then???)
10. City States being placed ON or directly AT Natural wonders. (when playing LEGENDARY start)
11. Amenities only counting for SOME Cities, not all. UNFATHOMABLY stupid idea, that...
12. Housing concept instead of the CivIV approach of 'health' (or ANY other concept! Housing, come OOONNN!)
13. aggressive AI-forward settling (can be on the other side of the continent, when they know you are there, they will always try to box you in (Dido being my last and worst example for that...incredible...))
14. smaller thing like: when I want t o have certain Natural wonders on my map in EVERY Setup, I always have to chose at least ONE more than will show up on the map. What gives!?
15. Dimplomacy: why can't I tell the AI to simply shut up for eg. 50 turns!?
16. building wonders not possible couse of missing the nec. terrain features. Dafuq!? I often have 20 Wonders in my list and can't build a single one 'cause of this!
17. extremely comicy graphic design, NO immersion there.

The list of minor anoyances and major quasi-Bug-like 'features' is endless.

I said a few years ago, that the game is a full design failure. I have to stick to that very statement up to now.

I can only hope they fix at least a few of these things before Civ6 is officially no longer supported. And I really look forward to Humankind...

Well, that's easy! Just select a Civ like the Azteks with the intention to go Domination, and there will be NO ONE around for at least 4 City Radiusses away, not even City States, even if those are set to maximum...

At topic:

what I hate about Civ6 (and in many cases the whole Firaxis-Civ-Series in a whole):

1. AI and difficulty settings. Only giving the AI ridiculous Bonusses as a difference? That's just... embarrasing.
2. 1UpT and movement restrictions, VERRRRY bad Idea to counter the Stacks of Doom in CivIV
3. Scripts to somewhat camouflage bad design reg. to AI- and Game behaviour
4. Districts and coastal cities
5. Districts fixed for the whole game

6. AI cheats like seeing all ressources from the start
7. world congress too early and you cannot opt out
8. AI Bugs not fixed (tile improvements, unable to use the new modes...THAT is REALLY a Joke!)
9. Map generator not generating what it says ( if I select NEW to get many mountainranges, why do I have MORE mountain ranges when selcting OLD then???)
10. City States being placed ON or directly AT Natural wonders. (when playing LEGENDARY start)
11. Amenities only counting for SOME Cities, not all. UNFATHOMABLY stupid idea, that...
12. Housing concept instead of the CivIV approach of 'health' (or ANY other concept! Housing, come OOONNN!)
13. aggressive AI-forward settling (can be on the other side of the continent, when they know you are there, they will always try to box you in (Dido being my last and worst example for that...incredible...))
14. smaller thing like: when I want t o have certain Natural wonders on my map in EVERY Setup, I always have to chose at least ONE more than will show up on the map. What gives!?
15. Dimplomacy: why can't I tell the AI to simply shut up for eg. 50 turns!?
16. building wonders not possible couse of missing the nec. terrain features. Dafuq!? I often have 20 Wonders in my list and can't build a single one 'cause of this!
17. extremely comicy graphic design, NO immersion there.

The list of minor anoyances and major quasi-Bug-like 'features' is endless.

I said a few years ago, that the game is a full design failure. I have to stick to that very statement up to now.

I can only hope they fix at least a few of these things before Civ6 is officially no longer supported. And I really look forward to Humankind...

Quite a few of yours seem to be that you want the game to require no strategy in terms of placement. Most wonder location requirements make logical sense. Tetra should require desert, SoL should require coast etc. If you want those wonders, you should plan for them. Wonders aren't supposed to be easy to build.

Quite a few of yours seem to be that you want the game to require no strategy in terms of placement. Most wonder location requirements make logical sense. Tetra should require desert, SoL should require coast etc. If you want those wonders, you should plan for them. Wonders aren't supposed to be easy to build.
No, I just find these concepts to be implemented extremely poorly.

Honestly my biggest issue is that it just takes forever on my computer, and late game is a challenge even on smaller maps. I get that it's more on me with my computer, but the game actually has gotten much worse performance wise with NFP imho. It was a lot more playable with GS.

Top Bottom