What Movie(s) Have You Recently Seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submerged, Steven Seagal. Meh.
The Marksman, Wesley Snipes. Not bad for a direct to video movie. Wasn't Blade, but it was okay.
Spoiler Goofs I had problems with! :
F-14's aren't bombers!
Kill Bill, Uma Thurman. From the previews I expected more swordplay. I'm also not too fond of non-linear movies. But it was good enough that I'd like to see the sequal sometime.

Did you hear the films this time Turner? or just read them? ;)

Had a movie Marathon at the weekend with the GF -
Streetcar Named Desire (didn't like it but the girlfriend's a huge Leigh fan so.... meh)
Kingdom of Heaven (seen it before and like it)
Reservoir Dogs (GF hadn't seen it... will never watch it again)
Manhattan (GF hadn't seen a single Woody Allen film, I was shocked)
The Transporter (good old fashion fun)

At the cinema the last film I went to see was Crank. Again, good old Fashion fun, little plot, all action, perfect.

steviejay said:
Did you hear the films this time Turner? or just read them? ;)
Actually, The Marksman doesn't have captions, so I heard that one. :(
steviejay said:
Had a movie Marathon at the weekend with the GF -
Reservoir Dogs (GF hadn't seen it... will never watch it again)
Didn't like that movie. Didn't see what the hype was everyone made over it.
steviejay said:
The Transporter (good old fashion fun)

At the cinema the last film I went to see was Crank. Again, good old Fashion fun, little plot, all action, perfect.
I love Jason Statham. :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing Crank.

I recommend it Turner. I'm a big fan of him too. I like the fact that since the 80's, there really hasn't been much of a 'Man film'. You used to see them all the time, Cobra with Stallone, Commando with Arnie, AWOL with Van Damme. Films with little plot, and lots of killing and explosions. They sort of died out but now Statham has found a little niche for himself and, ok it may not win Oscars. it's the perfect type of film to own on DVD and shove on when you come home from a hard days work (or after a night of drinking heh)

Latest film on DVD I saw was "The Hills Have Eyes", not too bad.

The last film I saw in the Cinema (Or Movie Theater for the Yanks) was Pirates of the Caribbean II: Dead Man's Chest, it didn't have a firm ending, they just make more excuses for sequals. Before that I saw Poseidon in the Cinema, now that was a total waste of money.

I'm going to see My Neightbor Totoro (Naapurini Totoro, Tonari no Totoro) in the Cinema on 16.9 in Japanese with Finnish subtitles, at the Helsinki International Film Festival. I already have the movie on a Hong Kong DVD (Japanese with English subs), and as a Ghibli fanatic, I know that I'm going to see a great movie, it'll however be a totally different experience seeing it on the big screen. :D

steviejay said:
I recommend it Turner. I'm a big fan of him too. I like the fact that since the 80's, there really hasn't been much of a 'Man film'. You used to see them all the time, Cobra with Stallone, Commando with Arnie, AWOL with Van Damme. Films with little plot, and lots of killing and explosions. They sort of died out but now Statham has found a little niche for himself and, ok it may not win Oscars. it's the perfect type of film to own on DVD and shove on when you come home from a hard days work (or after a night of drinking heh)
Well, my boys and I are anxiously awaiting seeing it. The Protector, as well. I used to really like the Seagal and Van Damme movies, and the crap they're releasing now...:rolleyes:

I'm trying to remember other movies I've seen recently, and none come to mind. Well, one... Grilled, with Ray Romano and Kevin James. People, this isn't a comedy. There's nothing funny about this movie. I was disappointed in it. Although the last half of the movie is okay, the first half is rather boring.

See it if you must, but don't expect anything from it.

Thats rather suprising considering the cast.

Are they still making the King of Queens.

I also saw Severence a fortnight back. I recommend it to anyone who likes Shaun of the Dead (and as for you Americans, I'm not sure if it's out where you are yet but when it is go have a look)

Wow. I just don't see many movies.
We watched The Castle (an awesome Austrailian film) a couple weeks ago.

I expect to be renting Silent Hill within the next month or so.

What 'Movie(s)' Have You Recently Seen?

Cinema:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. :thumbsup:

DVD:

Carnivale, season 1. :thumbsup:
Gegen Die Wand :thumbsup:
Resident Evil: Apocalypse :shake:

El_Machinae said:
Wow. I just don't see many movies.
We watched The Castle (an awesome Austrailian film) a couple weeks ago.

I expect to be renting Silent Hill within the next month or so.
What did you think of "The Castle"?

steviejay said:
Thats rather suprising considering the cast.

Are they still making the King of Queens.

I think part of the problem was that I kept expecting them to start cracking jokes. This isn't even a black comedy like The Cable Guy, which was an awesome movie.

It did get to a point where it started getting interesting...so maybe if I went back and watched it again I'll feel differently about it.

It should be noted that when I said "This isn't a comedy" I meant that this movie is not trying to be funny and failing, but that it's not a comedy at all. But you know, you see Everybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens on the cover, you expect a comedy.

As for the show itself, I don't know. Don't watch it much.

aaah, ok. I haven't heard of the film but I'll keep an eye out.

I personally didn't like the Cable Guy but I was really young when i saw it, and I think I went expecting a repeat of Ace Ventura.....

steviejay said:
aaah, ok. I haven't heard of the film but I'll keep an eye out.
Another direct to video release. Not sure if it's been released over on your side of the pond yet.

steviejay said:
I personally didn't like the Cable Guy but I was really young when i saw it, and I think I went expecting a repeat of Ace Ventura.....
Yeah, a lot of people did. Which is why a lot of people don't like it. The first time I saw it, I felt the same way. Then one day, there was nothing else on TV and I ended up watching it again. It slowly dawned on me that it's not an Ace Ventura type comedy. Once I got past that, the movie was much better.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby. There were some humorous scenes, but overall it is not a movie I would recommend.

Evita. Just watched it on DVD the other night for probably the 20th time. Great flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom