What Movies Have You Watched? 17: Blowed Up Real Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the Wenwu v forest lady fight the best. I think the reasons are obvious.

Not so fast! Stallone made lots of those too :nono:... but yeah if you just add "80s/early '90s Arnold/Stallone action film" then its pretty much totally redundant.;)
Arnold and Stallone both appeared in Demolition Man, which I watched over the weekend.

Why are you leaving out Kurt Russell?

What the crap did you just say.

It's one of my favourite movies. Plus, Jake Gyllenhaal and Emmy Rossum?

Man, I'd forgotten they were the main two in that film. I feel like she was a major rising star around that time, with Phantom of the Opera as well, but haven't heard about her in years.

Wonder if Jake ever returned Taylor's scarf?

Arnold and Stallone both appeared in Demolition Man, which I watched over the weekend.

Why are you leaving out Kurt Russell?

Arnold appears in it? I remember the line where Stallone is surprised to hear that Sandra Bullock's character went to the Schwarzenegger Memorial Library ("it's named after former Government Schwarzenegger" - they called that one), but I don't remember him actually making an appearance. It's been a year though.

Arnold appears in it? I remember the line where Stallone is surprised to hear that Sandra Bullock's character went to the Schwarzenegger Memorial Library ("it's named after former Government Schwarzenegger" - they called that one), but I don't remember him actually making an appearance. It's been a year though.
Likewise: I vaguely remembered a reference to a "President Schwarzenegger"(?), but I don't remember the Ahnold actually appearing on-screen?

It's been >20 years since I last saw this movie, though.
Bah! He's not on their level.
Forgive him, Father, for he has sinned.

Watch five Escape From New Yorks, and three Big Trouble In Little Chinas, and may God have mercy on your immortal soul.

Arni wasn't in Demolition Man, that was Stallone and Snipes.
Imo the Governator was better than Stallone & Kurt combined, in terms of fun factor.
Stallone has some good movies (first Rambo), but basically he was only capable of one convincing emotion on screen (looking grim).

Likewise: I vaguely remembered a reference to a "President Schwarzenegger"(?), but I don't remember the Ahnold actually appearing on-screen?

It's been >20 years since I last saw this movie, though.
That's my point exactly. :mischief:

Ahnold can outact half the cast in any action film even when he's not in a leading rôle and, indeed, not even on screen.

schwarzenegger was a picture on the wall , as President or a previous one . Or was that something else ? Seemed so strange , after getting an idea that they were fierce competitors and would have segments attacking each other like rappers would .

At the time it was a joke as Arnie and Stallone were "feuding" over who was the best action star. Demolition Man was great movie though.

Arnie not the best actor ever but he can run rings around most of the 80'e action stars.

Hellboy (2019). 4/10. It had a decent start but quickly became meh. Also, it's obvious that they blew their CGI budget on a handful of scenes and then phoned it in everywhere else. The random gore fest at the end was unnecessary.

They remade the old one?
I thought there had been a plan for a 3rd one, which didn't happen at the end. Why would they pick a remake o_O?
(I mean not that the 2nd was that good... I mean it wasn't bad, but not so that it demands another part...)

They remade the old one?
I thought there had been a plan for a 3rd one, which didn't happen at the end. Why would they pick a remake o_O?
(I mean not that the 2nd was that good... I mean it wasn't bad, but not so that it demands another part...)
Yeah, they remade it with David Harbour (burly cop from Stranger Things) instead of Perlman.

It had an okay start, enough so that I was encouraged. It falls apart and becomes really eyeroll-y, especially during CGI-heavy scenes that have clearly not been integrated well. I've noticed this a lot in the past couple years in blockbuster movies and I'm frankly baffled. The physics and shadows are just off. It becomes extra noticeable because there are scenes where that isn't a problem, so it seems either deliberate or they just couldn't be assed to fix it.

Die Wannseekonferenz (1984), a joint W. German-Austrian TV movie about the Wannsee Conference that decided on the "final solution."
A couple years back I saw a similar Anglo‒American production, Conspiracy (2001). Nothing quite hammers home Arendt's banality of evil like watching people dispassionately arguing about legal procedures for mass murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom