What Movies Have You Watched? 17: Blowed Up Real Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Die Wannseekonferenz (1984), a joint W. German-Austrian TV movie about the Wannsee Conference that decided on the "final solution."

Was there any mention of the Lithuanian experiments to exterminate Jews?
I was ostracized by most Lithuanian communities after I started spreading news of an American
PhD thesis that proved Lithuanian collaborators kick-started the Holocaust on the same day that
Operation Barbarossa against Russia started.
The results of the 6 month trial in Lithuania was reported at Wannasee, and then immediately
implemented by Hitler et al.

My grandfather wasn't a Nazi-fighting war hero — he was a brutal collaborator
Dovidavičius was the first to suggest that my grandfather conducted the initial akcija (action)
during World War II before the Germans arrived. It coincided with Operation Barbarossa on June 22,
1941, when Hitler invaded Russia, the same day Lithuania began its uprising with the Germans against
the Soviets, marking the start of a Holocaust there, where 95 percent of its 200,000 Jews were
murdered, the highest percentage of any country in Europe. (About 3,000 Jews remain in Lithuania
today.)

Within three weeks, 2,000 Jews had been killed in Plungė, half the town's population, and where my
grandfather led the uprising. This preceded the January 1942 Wannsee Conference, when Nazi Germany
decided to make mass-murder its state policy.

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/14/my...ly-lore-told-it-he-was-a-brutal-collaborator/

it is a standart , with Poles supposedly attacking Jews for bringing their Gentile slaves against the good people . As soon WW ll started ...

edit : but ı can't tell which one of those two Wannsee's ı saw on TV ...

it is a standart , with Poles supposedly attacking Jews for bringing their Gentile slaves against the good people . As soon WW ll started ...

edit : but ı can't tell which one of those two Wannsee's ı saw on TV ...

WW II was delayed because of the Poles' own actions. The Poles and the Nazis were good buddies when
they invaded Sudetenland for some lebensraum. :p

When Poland entered the Western camp in April 1939, General Gamelin reminded General Kasprzycki of
the Polish role in the dismemberment of Czechoslovakia. According to historian Paul N. Hehn, Poland's
annexation of Teschen may have contributed to the British and French reluctance to attack the Germans
with greater forces in September 1939.

In his postwar memoirs, Winston Churchill compared Germany and Poland to vultures landing on the
dying carcass of Czechoslovakia and lamented that "over a question so minor as Teschen, they [the
Poles] sundered themselves from all those friends in France, Britain and the United States who had
lifted them once again to a national, coherent life, and whom they were soon to need so sorely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaolzie

Somebody mentioned the great Ahnold Schwarzenegger. I just reply: The Running Man (1987). All the post-kill one-liners!

A couple years back I saw a similar Anglo‒American production, Conspiracy (2001). Nothing quite hammers home Arendt's banality of evil like watching people dispassionately arguing about legal procedures for mass murder.
English-language movie? To me there’s something not quite right about history movies that have foreign characters all speaking English—or worse, played by Tom Cruise.

I almost shudder to think of asking you about Tarantino, amadeus.

Almost.

uh , how do we know the bestest Scientologist wasn't there ?
Spoiler :

tumblr_ohtp4wfW2B1ut8ktco1_1280.jpg

Well, yes, but Pam Grier's like Sean Connery: she looks good in anything and makes any film better just by appearing in it.

I’m a little vexed. What about him? I’ve only ever seen Pulp Fiction, which I thought... ehh, and Jackie Brown, which was good with Pam Grier.
Kill Bill was a great movie, but you have to tolerate lots of blood and violence. It is a two parter but excellent all the way through.

Out of his films I've watched Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill and Jackie Brown.
I've tried to watch a few others but since they're all homages/pastiches of existing genres it's meh at best. And the utterly overused settings of Nazism and the Wild West just put me off completely.

Pulp Fiction still continues to elude me on the cable. One day I'll get to watch it.

Actually the goriest scenes take place in half-lit places (there's a battle in the dark) and/or are shot in black and white. It's cool.

Ehh sounds a little nauseating. I think I prefer the Delta Force kind of violence where Chuck Norris shoots the guy and he just falls over.
Oh well. Swords are a big part of Kill Bill but it is not a movie for everyone.

I've tried to watch today Metropolis, but this is just too old, and not anymore realistically appealing. Which doesn't have to be though. I watched... last year, I think The Great Dictator, and that actually is still an okay movie worth a watch.
I'll also have to look up why the silent movies were silent. They played music along with it, so it was possible to record stuff before and play it along with the movie. I guess recording the whole movie could have been a problem, but a narrator should have been possible, no?

I watched instead Ocean's 8. Entertaining movie (definitely better than 12...), but I checked IMDB afterwards, and hell yes, a ton of plot holes. So maybe not check that, and just be entertained lol.

I've tried to watch today Metropolis, but this is just too old, and not anymore realistically appealing. Which doesn't have to be though. I watched... last year, I think The Great Dictator, and that actually is still an okay movie worth a watch.
Je comprende!
A few days ago I got Les Enfants du Paradis and Boudu Saved from Drowning, two movies that were
absolutely de rigeur for groovy film buffs when I was a teenager. I found them difficult to watch
without phasing out every few minutes and piddling around with some maths. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom